Next announcement

August 6-9, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
GTFCMike
Definitely Not Nu

Re: Next announcement

Postby GTFCMike » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:24 pm

On a different note, according to the 'likes' within the Facebook thread on next year's wishlist, bringing back Evil Scarecrow (yet again) is so far the most popular suggestion. Don't these people like variety? :P

https://www.facebook.com/Bloodstock/pos ... 7757671262

Hoping ES isn't the next (or any) announcement. They need a break for a few years.
Come on Bloodstock. You know you want to. Hypocrisy. Sort it, Bloodstock! ;)

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:24 pm

'Balls' has nothing to do with it - it's just common sense.

And Primordial's situation is not in the slightest bit comparable. Losing your voice =/= being assaulted.

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:26 pm

CrappyMike wrote:Yeah the way I see it, regardless of what was thrown the band have no obligation to play on when things are being thrown at them. Don't be so ridiculous.

I'm not saying there was an obligation. There was a choice; Paul, made the right one but was seemingly out voted.

Would I do it? I don't know for sure, pretty scary indeed, but I don't like to lose (who does). I would like to think I would stand up to them.
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:35 pm

Haldamir319 wrote:'Balls' has nothing to do with it - it's just common sense.

And Primordial's situation is not in the slightest bit comparable. Losing your voice =/= being assaulted.

Ball vs common sense actually.

Going back out wouldn't be the sensible thing to do at all.

Putting yourself in danger for something relatively trivial is perhaps a bit stupid, but I still think It would have been the 'right' thing to do so to speak. I would never expect someone or even ask the someone to do that, but I hope they would. I don't think there is anything wrong in hoping for that.

Beardy
I am the Law!

Postby Beardy » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:17 pm

metaldinosaur wrote:This is just about the most negative thing I've ever put on here, but it just went this way, it TL;DR too, Oh well... Sorry

I actually still like Cradle a lot, however they can not play Bloodstock ever again, not after the way they threw in the towel last time. And lets make no mistake, they threw in the towel.

I saw it, It wasn't a gobstopper that hit Paul, and for me that's the proof.

I was right at the front and saw Paul get hit, it was a seemingly full plastic bottle, lid on, thrown up very high, and it hit him right in the lower back; Ouch. Hell maybe a gobstopper hit him around the same time but whatever; the object that made him hold his back and walk off stage was a bottle. I'd bet my lower back on it.

Which begs the question, why insist that it was a Gobstopper?

Well that's because Cradle (Dani probably) quit.

I'm sure gobstoppers where thrown, but it was not a gobstopper that hit Paul, Dani didn't see it as he was facing the other way and obviously neither did Paul. So again I ask, why insist that it was a Gobstopper then? Its because they quit and they needed a deference for quitting. They picked up on the Gobstopper thing as it was something unusual, something that the festival could be liable for, after all every festival has bottles so that can't bee seen as out of order, projectile bottles are an occupational hazard for festival bands. Big ass gobstoppers are not, in other words Cradle gets to cut there set, Bloodstock has a vague set of possible legal ramifications waved at them and so doesn't complain, and that's that.

Paul by all accounts wanted to play on, good for and him he was right, finishing the set is absolutely the right thing to do, but this was nixed by the 'band' (again I assume Dani- Maybe). Even if this is legit concern, and Paul really did need medical attention then still, the rest of the band Should come back out and do one last song. Yes, they have lost there lead guitarist, massive loss, It wont be great, but it is still the right thing to do. Its the right thing to do for the young girl that was almost crying waiting for them to come back out, and the diligent small gang of fans that where still there after every one else went away. But the main reason for this been the right thing to do; well its because if the did they won. Not coming back out meant Cradle lost, and it was the very small minority of haters that won. It was a defeat so humiliating that If Cradle where to ever appear on stage again at Bloodstock, the projectiles will be even worse (and with no fucking gobstoppers to blame this time) as the dicks that made them quit last time would be out to do the same again x2.

Primordial played on even when Alan's voice vanished after one song. He stayed out there too, for pretty much the whole dam set! That must have been massively tough for the guy and the band but, my hat comes off to the man. He stuck it out and tried to whip up the crowds singalong, the best he could. And Primordial killed it this year too! Victory. My point been If Cradle had come back out, even a man down, even for just one song, even a fucking cover, even only playing to the 200 or so people that stayed at the barrier (actually that would have been amazing!), anything like that, then they would have come out on top, but quitting and sounding off about imaginary confectionery bullets, well that put payed to them appearing at any credible 'proper' metal fest for the foreseeable future.

Lame.

The likes of Hellfest, Graspop and Wacken aren't "credible 'proper' metal fests" then?

They absolutely did the right thing by going off and the people that forced them off are cunts who should be ashamed of themselves.

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:39 pm

Beardy wrote:
metaldinosaur wrote:This is just about the most negative thing I've ever put on here, but it just went this way, it TL;DR too, Oh well... Sorry

I actually still like Cradle a lot, however they can not play Bloodstock ever again, not after the way they threw in the towel last time. And lets make no mistake, they threw in the towel.

I saw it, It wasn't a gobstopper that hit Paul, and for me that's the proof.

I was right at the front and saw Paul get hit, it was a seemingly full plastic bottle, lid on, thrown up very high, and it hit him right in the lower back; Ouch. Hell maybe a gobstopper hit him around the same time but whatever; the object that made him hold his back and walk off stage was a bottle. I'd bet my lower back on it.

Which begs the question, why insist that it was a Gobstopper?

Well that's because Cradle (Dani probably) quit.

I'm sure gobstoppers where thrown, but it was not a gobstopper that hit Paul, Dani didn't see it as he was facing the other way and obviously neither did Paul. So again I ask, why insist that it was a Gobstopper then? Its because they quit and they needed a deference for quitting. They picked up on the Gobstopper thing as it was something unusual, something that the festival could be liable for, after all every festival has bottles so that can't bee seen as out of order, projectile bottles are an occupational hazard for festival bands. Big ass gobstoppers are not, in other words Cradle gets to cut there set, Bloodstock has a vague set of possible legal ramifications waved at them and so doesn't complain, and that's that.

Paul by all accounts wanted to play on, good for and him he was right, finishing the set is absolutely the right thing to do, but this was nixed by the 'band' (again I assume Dani- Maybe). Even if this is legit concern, and Paul really did need medical attention then still, the rest of the band Should come back out and do one last song. Yes, they have lost there lead guitarist, massive loss, It wont be great, but it is still the right thing to do. Its the right thing to do for the young girl that was almost crying waiting for them to come back out, and the diligent small gang of fans that where still there after every one else went away. But the main reason for this been the right thing to do; well its because if the did they won. Not coming back out meant Cradle lost, and it was the very small minority of haters that won. It was a defeat so humiliating that If Cradle where to ever appear on stage again at Bloodstock, the projectiles will be even worse (and with no fucking gobstoppers to blame this time) as the dicks that made them quit last time would be out to do the same again x2.

Primordial played on even when Alan's voice vanished after one song. He stayed out there too, for pretty much the whole dam set! That must have been massively tough for the guy and the band but, my hat comes off to the man. He stuck it out and tried to whip up the crowds singalong, the best he could. And Primordial killed it this year too! Victory. My point been If Cradle had come back out, even a man down, even for just one song, even a fucking cover, even only playing to the 200 or so people that stayed at the barrier (actually that would have been amazing!), anything like that, then they would have come out on top, but quitting and sounding off about imaginary confectionery bullets, well that put payed to them appearing at any credible 'proper' metal fest for the foreseeable future.

Lame.

The likes of Hellfest, Graspop and Wacken aren't "credible 'proper' metal fests" then?

They absolutely did the right thing by going off and the people that forced them off are cunts who should be ashamed of themselves.

'Proper'... In the UK where there the most divisive (My bad, my brain thought this but i didn't type it, poo).

I agree those people where cunts and are to blame entirely.

However I still disagree that it was 'right' to go off. My hope is that people don't let bully's win in any situation including that one. I can't help but feel that them going off and staying off meant the 'cunts' won and it showed the 'cunts' that they can do that next time too.

Yes it was dangerous to go back out, and I am aware that I'm retrospectively willing other people into danger from my safe position on this laptop but, would you run away from a bully if you thought you could win? I hope I wouldn't, and it's this hope that makes me feel my position on this is the right one.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:56 am

There is no "right" or "wrong" way of dealing with a situation like that, if a band feels threatened going back on stage then it is their decision as to whether to go back out there or not (standard thing put into contracts under security). Given the crowd is thousands big and you have stage lights blinding your vision, would you risk staying out in a hostile crowd? Yes, some bands would but not you'll find plenty of other bands that wouldn't of.

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:26 am

There is always a right or wrong in any situation, however the axis of those ideas depends on the person(s) and the context and is therefore fluid buy nature.

My perception of that particular situation remains; It was indeed wrong to walk off. I can indeed understand the fears of the band and ultimately it is weighing up that fear agains pride and principle. I maintain that pride in this case should have won out.

People who bully shouldn't be allowed to win.

euantehclansman
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby euantehclansman » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:41 am

metaldinosaur wrote:
CrappyMike wrote:Yeah the way I see it, regardless of what was thrown the band have no obligation to play on when things are being thrown at them. Don't be so ridiculous.

I'm not saying there was an obligation. There was a choice; Paul, made the right one but was seemingly out voted.

Would I do it? I don't know for sure, pretty scary indeed, but I don't like to lose (who does). I would like to think I would stand up to them.

In the real world standing up to bullies doesnae work, they just get their older brother to chib you instead :lol:

pandimensionalsuffering.bandcamp.com

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:43 am

Back on topic...

Do we think we'll have a headliner alone as the first announcement? Or maybe a sub with a handful of lower bands?

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:08 pm

It all depends. Quite a few of the bands that I reckon are going to be booked are due to tour in the next few months. So I think they will get those dates out of the way first.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:47 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:It all depends. Quite a few of the bands that I reckon are going to be booked are due to tour in the next few months. So I think they will get those dates out of the way first.

So who is touring the UK in the near future that would A) be probable for BOA 2015 B) big enough to make a first announcement exciting C) warrant holding off an announcement for their tour dates?

Smerphy
Leather Rebel

Postby Smerphy » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:49 pm

Volbeat
Gandalf the Red wrote:
Fjar wrote:Guy on the far-right has just remembered he left the oven on.

That comment can be read very diffferently than what was meant. :lol:

euantehclansman
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby euantehclansman » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:01 pm

Kreator, Morbid Angel, At the Gates, Sabaton, Korpiklaani

pandimensionalsuffering.bandcamp.com

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:40 pm

houston4044 wrote:
Gandalf the Red wrote:It all depends. Quite a few of the bands that I reckon are going to be booked are due to tour in the next few months. So I think they will get those dates out of the way first.

So who is touring the UK in the near future that would A) be probable for BOA 2015 B) big enough to make a first announcement exciting C) warrant holding off an announcement for their tour dates?

I don't know about being exciting or whether anyone really wants them. It depends on your viewpoint of course. :lol:

But some of the bands that are possibilities for BOA that are touring in the next few months include Arch Enemy, Kreator, Edguy, Destruction, Alestorm, At The Gates, Morbid Angel, Sabaton, Behemoth, Blind Guardian, Opeth, Volbeat, Mastodon, Dragonforce, Wolf, Finntroll, In Flames, Kobra And The Lotus, Orange Goblin, Dark Tranquility, Eluveitie, Korpiklaani, Epica and many others.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp