Re: Next announcement

Postby north sea storm » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:26 pm

Blake_Porter wrote:Just seen someone post this on facebook

someone's nicked my sentiments :D

Killing_time
Paster of Muppets

Postby Killing_time » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:27 pm

I bet the announcement thread will go up over night when people have calmed down and people are tucked up in bed!

I can't wait to say my full piece on the booking of Trivium :D

Death to Power Pop!! It should go down with the sinking ship that is Download festival.

Smerphy
Leather Rebel

Postby Smerphy » Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:00 pm

Killing_time wrote:
Beardy wrote:
Killing_time wrote:And people were laughing at me for wanting Korn to headline, This is far far worse :lol:

It's really not.

Korn > Machine Head > Lamb Of God > Trivium

I would put it Machine Head > Lamb of God > Korn > Trivium

Purely because at least MH LOG and Korn created something a bit new and original, Trivium just sucked Metallica's balls all the way to the top.
Gandalf the Red wrote:
Fjar wrote:Guy on the far-right has just remembered he left the oven on.

That comment can be read very diffferently than what was meant. :lol:

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:02 pm

Ah Andy Hall's getting all worked up on the Bloodstock Facebook and going mental at anyone who says his beloved Trivium are crap...if only he were still with us!

Trivicunt - arrrrgghhhh fuck off! We all knew this day would cone though didn't we? :( shit shit shit....just gotta hope we've got a Rotting Christ type alternative to the headliner again.

Sabaton - bit soon to be back, but I go see them every time they tour and love them, so this is definitely a good thing.

Agalloch - awesome, but clearly should be in the tent, would have made a perfect alternative to Trivigay

Kanwulf
Denim Demon

Postby Kanwulf » Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:25 pm

Never actually thought this through.... The fact Agalloch are playing the mainstage is proof that the bookers haven't got a fucking clue. Same goes with 1349. You would have thought they would have learned their lesson after 1349 last time round.

Killing_time
Paster of Muppets

Postby Killing_time » Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:54 pm

This is what i've been saying about increasing the size of the Sophie Stage and putting Black/Doom Metal bands in there as it's the only way it works properly because they need to be in the dark

Death to Power Pop!! It should go down with the sinking ship that is Download festival.

Kanwulf
Denim Demon

Postby Kanwulf » Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:01 pm

Killing_time wrote:This is what i've been saying about increasing the size of the Sophie Stage and putting Black/Doom Metal bands in there as it's the only way it works properly because they need to be in the dark

Yeah, I mean, I can understand some people would rather it has a variety like all other stages. But this does actually make a lot of sense. I mean, take a band like Armored Saint, I don't think part of their show will be missing if they are outside (which I know they are), whereas someone like 1349 will not have the atmosphere that the band intend on creating.... their aural hellfire ritual kind thing. So really this does make sense.

Also, I'm actually looking forward to your "full piece" on Trivium :P

Turbo
Denim Demon

Postby Turbo » Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:04 pm

It will be about what sexual favours he intends to perform on various people of the Bloodstock hierarchy for booking his favourite band.

Smerphy
Leather Rebel

Postby Smerphy » Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:05 pm

I think they really should be taking advantage of the fact they've got the tent, rather than just seeing it as a lesser stage. Put the Black/Death/Folk bands on in there, and put some of the lighter Tent bands on the mainstage. It will give you bands of all sizes across the 2 stages, and would really make both stages look stronger. This would also be better if they booked the Sophie bands earlier.
Gandalf the Red wrote:
Fjar wrote:Guy on the far-right has just remembered he left the oven on.

That comment can be read very diffferently than what was meant. :lol:

Thrasher-Ant
Lowly Peon

Postby Thrasher-Ant » Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:05 pm

Looking forward to the Trivium announcement thread (if there is one).

At the moment, the Facebook page seems a mixture of "Oh my god, what have you done Bloodstock?" and "You are all elitists and close minded".
May your sword stay wet like a...

"To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive."

CelestialWishDaniel
Powermetal Child

Postby CelestialWishDaniel » Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:39 pm

I've got to be really honest, I'm pretty alright with this Trivium announcement. They're not a band I listen to, but they've got melody, some pretty well written songs, and I imagine they're pretty good live, as they've gotten as big as they have. We all have different tastes in Metal, I'd take Trivium over any Black Metal and most Death Metal, so it's made the lineup a little more balanced, really. Of course, it's a bit annoying that we have both Trivium and Rob Zombie, I would've preferred Trivium to close the festival and get Blind Guardian, or Demons and Wizards, or the Hansi Kursch Experience (<_<) to headline Friday, something along those lines, but, eh, two out of four headliners I'd watch, and one (Within Temptation) that has single handedly secured my attendance for next year, it's looking like one of the best lineups in recent memory for me. I definitely was in the Trivium generation, I'm only four years out of Secondary School, so stuff like Pull Harder and The Rising were classics back then, I'm looking forward to seeing what the fuss was about, haha!

But, enough about Trivium, Sabaton, yes! Great to see more melodic metal there on the whole, as I said, the lineup is starting to see some balance, I'm liking it, and that's coming from someone who was fuming about Machine Head, haha!

Czech's Mate
Denim Demon

Postby Czech's Mate » Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:55 pm

Well that announcement has well and truly ensured my non attendance at this year's festival. One crap headliner, one inappropriate, and this one which is downright diabolical and as much as I love Sabaton, it is way too soon for them to be playing again.

Also Agalloch on the mainstage? looks the totally wrong place in my opinion
Television is the opium of the people

kanet666 wrote: I can deal with the odd Slipknot track now and then. Pantera on the other hand are dreadful and I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a rusty fork than put up with them.

Kanwulf
Denim Demon

Postby Kanwulf » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:06 pm

CelestialWishDaniel wrote:I've got to be really honest, I'm pretty alright with this Trivium announcement. They're not a band I listen to, but they've got melody, some pretty well written songs, and I imagine they're pretty good live, as they've gotten as big as they have. We all have different tastes in Metal, I'd take Trivium over any Black Metal and most Death Metal, so it's made the lineup a little more balanced, really. Of course, it's a bit annoying that we have both Trivium and Rob Zombie, I would've preferred Trivium to close the festival and get Blind Guardian, or Demons and Wizards, or the Hansi Kursch Experience (<_<) to headline Friday, something along those lines, but, eh, two out of four headliners I'd watch, and one (Within Temptation) that has single handedly secured my attendance for next year, it's looking like one of the best lineups in recent memory for me. I definitely was in the Trivium generation, I'm only four years out of Secondary School, so stuff like Pull Harder and The Rising were classics back then, I'm looking forward to seeing what the fuss was about, haha!

But, enough about Trivium, Sabaton, yes! Great to see more melodic metal there on the whole, as I said, the lineup is starting to see some balance, I'm liking it, and that's coming from someone who was fuming about Machine Head, haha!

I'd have though ti would make more sense to have Blind Guardian/Demons and Wizards/Hansi Kursch Exp. to headling the sunday and Trivium the slot they have.

MetalBeast
Denim Demon

Postby MetalBeast » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:21 pm

Oh well, at least it's not Tr....oh...hang on...this time IT IS.

Bugger.

Oh well, "at least it's not Limp Bizkit" then. (Hope that's not tempting fate)

I hope we get a decent alternative on the Sophie stage.

Very pleased with Agalloch and Sabaton though.
All right, so I MADE a mistake! ONE MISTAKE!
Can't a man start over?! Do I have to keep on PAYING?! HUH?!
Maybe I should make another mistake! ...maybe TWO more!

Kanwulf
Denim Demon

Postby Kanwulf » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:33 pm

I would rather Limp Bizkit than Trivium :lol: