Next announcement

August 6-9, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Killing_time
Paster of Muppets

Re: Next announcement

Postby Killing_time » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:36 pm

Limp Bizkit would have been great! At least they're fun :lol:

Death to Power Pop!! It should go down with the sinking ship that is Download festival.

Moonburp
Denim Demon

Postby Moonburp » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:49 pm

Still no forum announcement :lol:

Smerphy
Leather Rebel

Postby Smerphy » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:52 pm

Killing_time wrote:Limp Bizkit would have been great! At least they're fun :lol:
Gandalf the Red wrote:
Fjar wrote:Guy on the far-right has just remembered he left the oven on.

That comment can be read very diffferently than what was meant. :lol:

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:58 pm

Killing_time wrote:Limp Bizkit would have been fucking shit but still better than Trivicunt

euantehclansman
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby euantehclansman » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:07 pm

Blake_Porter wrote:I would rather Limp Bizkit than Trivium :lol:

I would but only because at least it's shite I've never endured before, I never liked em at the time :lol:

pandimensionalsuffering.bandcamp.com

Brendancoles
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Brendancoles » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:09 pm

Moonburp wrote:Still no forum announcement :lol:

I noticed this as well. Ha. Pretty sure they would end up with pages of complaints.

BLAKEYBLOKIZARD
Powermetal Child

Postby BLAKEYBLOKIZARD » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:13 pm

So we've reached the theoretical end point that everyone has been predicting since Machine Head headlined. I for one don't think it's that bad, Trivium are definitely the best of the three headliners booked so far.

And does anyone else think that the headliners and undercard are like two different festivals? I can't imagine anyone that attends because they're a fan of Trivium/Rob Zombie/Within Temptation would have any interest in the rest of the bands, and vice versa. Poor.

I'm hoping for massive Sophie stage talent this year...but I'm expecting shit similar to 'Sister Sin' to be booked again.
What's this? BlakeyBloke is evolving! BlakeyBloke evolved into BLAKEYBLOKIZARD!
Blakeyblokizard used SELF PROMOTION!
https://slothuk.bandcamp.com/releases
Sloth. [Doom metal]
It wasn't very effective...

Ensorcelled
Denim Demon

Postby Ensorcelled » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:00 pm

Will buy the mod who makes an announcement of the bands a pint. :eyes:

Kanwulf
Denim Demon

Postby Kanwulf » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:05 pm

Ensorcelled wrote:Will buy the mod who makes an announcement of the bands a pint. :eyes:

Can I sign up and call myself (Greentext)Moderator and make an announcement. Will I get the pint then?

Bearstock
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Bearstock » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:22 pm

Is pretty amusing there's no thread for this announcement :lol:

The thing is, Trivium really wouldn't be that bad if say they played in place of Down last year or LoG the year before etc.

The major issue with Trivium headlining the 2015 festival is that it's 3 headliners who are very easily accessible, not particularly exciting and whom I wouldn't go out of my way to see these days.

I will happily admit I enjoyed Trivium when they broke about ten years ago buy the time they play Bloodstock and have seen them live several times. They have a lot of energy and the songs are good and heavy live.

Very much the kind of band though that if you like their music then you'll enjoy them live, if you don't there's nothing there for you.

Rob Zombie I'll likely look to see because Ive not seen him before and keep hearing of his apparently entertaining stage show.

Within Temptation I'm actively planning to avoid and Trivium I'm just simply not arsed about these days.

I like the comment someone made about he headliners and the rest of bill seeming like a different festival. The overall line up looks pretty good for me, just the headliners are a massive let down.
http://www.last.fm/user/Jax_87
https://play.spotify.com/user/jaxmet87/playlist/4FLRE6iQmLWa3PdBII0Jl5

Podgie.
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Podgie. » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:26 pm

Killing_time wrote:I can't wait to say my full piece on the booking of Trivium :D

Oh of course, because, y'know - you have such great taste and your opinions are so on point......... seriously, I have spent years frequenting many a metal forum and I have never, EVER come across anyone who speaks such utter drivel as yourself. And what's worse is the majority of comparisons I can think of are / were clearly trolls - where as you're, actually for real :? KoRn, really?! Unbelievable! :lol:

some_thing_wild
Paster of Muppets

Postby some_thing_wild » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:37 pm

Triviums Ascendancy was one of the most important albums of my youth, and Shogun was a rager. When I saw them supporting Slayer they were fantastic. I love Trivium

However, the lasts 2 albums have been shit and at Hellfest thats all they played and it was shit
plus Matt Heafy seems like a total dick now
Hopefully theyll play loads of old stuff, or it will be shit

Bearstock
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Bearstock » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:40 pm

some_thing_wild wrote:Triviums Ascendancy was one of the most important albums of my youth, and Shogun was a rager. When I saw them supporting Slayer they were fantastic. I love Trivium

However, the lasts 2 albums have been shit and at Hellfest thats all they played and it was shit
plus Matt Heafy seems like a total dick now
Hopefully theyll play loads of old stuff, or it will be shit

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/trivium/2 ... d8ece.html

If it's anything like that it'd be shit
http://www.last.fm/user/Jax_87
https://play.spotify.com/user/jaxmet87/playlist/4FLRE6iQmLWa3PdBII0Jl5

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:44 pm

This is a great announcement! I'm really looking forward to Download 2013 next year i mean, bloodstock :P

I like Trivium and I like Sabaton but I still find myself with mixed feelings towards this announcement. All 3 headliners played Download last year and seemed quite removed from "traditional" headline material; seems a very big jump from last year to this year in terms of headliner appeal. I remember awhile back musing about whether BOA should go the whole way and book 3 mainstream headliners and well, now they have, it seems very strange. The one way I can see BOA being able to move in this direction and not alienate their traditional audience would be to book metal bands in the Sophie stage that clash with the headliners as an alternative.

Anyway:
Trivium= I think they're a good band, seen them 3 times now and they are solid live, I will enjoy seeing them.
Sabaton= Seeing them in January so a bit annoying they are also playing BOA, but if they blow me away in January the option to see them again will be great. Very surprised they have been booked again so soon.
Allagoch= I need to listen to them, not listened to them before.

Another 2/3 announcement for me; 2015 looking excellent for me :D

Killing_time
Paster of Muppets

Postby Killing_time » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:59 pm

Podgie. wrote:
Killing_time wrote:I can't wait to say my full piece on the booking of Trivium :D

Oh of course, because, y'know - you have such great taste and your opinions are so on point......... seriously, I have spent years frequenting many a metal forum and I have never, EVER come across anyone who speaks such utter drivel as yourself. And what's worse is the majority of comparisons I can think of are / were clearly trolls - where as you're, actually for real :? KoRn, really?! Unbelievable! :lol:

I'm glad i wind you up so much :D

You can't honestly say i speak more drivel than Andy Hall though! That guy goes as far as trolling himself with the utter crap that comes out his mouth.

Death to Power Pop!! It should go down with the sinking ship that is Download festival.