Next announcement

August 6-9, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
pinhead0303
Consort of the Beast

Re: Next announcement

Postby pinhead0303 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:10 pm

Whilst it's been quite amusing reading the reaction to Trivium, surely no one's actually surprised by next year's headliners (in general rather than specifically)?

Now that Bloodstock have gone the route of having actual alternative headliners (barring MegaDave hissy fits) like they should've done all along, it makes perfect business sense for them to have more mainstream bands headline to try and draw in new people, while the actual good headlining bands will be in the Sophie tent (don't let me down bookers lol).

One of them will be Venom (honestly!) :D

P.S. Also, while they seem to be booking that sort of level Download bands a year later that makes Judas Priest a lock in for 2016 :lol:

some_thing_wild
Paster of Muppets

Postby some_thing_wild » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:40 pm

Bearstock wrote:
some_thing_wild wrote:Triviums Ascendancy was one of the most important albums of my youth, and Shogun was a rager. When I saw them supporting Slayer they were fantastic. I love Trivium

However, the lasts 2 albums have been shit and at Hellfest thats all they played and it was shit
plus Matt Heafy seems like a total dick now
Hopefully theyll play loads of old stuff, or it will be shit

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/trivium/2 ... d8ece.html

If it's anything like that it'd be shit

Pretty much the Hellfest set, with a few older ones thrown in. I don't know why they bother playing The Anthem, its really poo

StonerWizzard
Definitely Not Nu

Postby StonerWizzard » Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:14 am

People have been complaining for years that Bloodstock is turning into Download and I've always thought that was bullshit... but they've liteally booked three headliners that played high up the bill at Download last year. Three headliners I really couldn't be arsed with.
Match that with an undercard of extreme metal I couldn't really care about, a few bands I'm apathetic towards and Orange Goblin, who are great but will probably get a short set and are doing a special set at Desertfest this year anyway.

Nothing much for me so far this year, which is a shame as I think my mates will still want to go and I can't afford to go to Hellfest.
actual hipster emo scum that still thinks his views on metal are worth commenting. deafheaven, baroness, blind guardian, kvelertak and converge pls

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:30 am

houston4044 wrote:The thing is Sepultura have a lot of casual fans that want to be seen to like a cool band, like Pantera; they'll buy the merch, know the big songs, complain that the original line up should reform (or get Zakk Wylde in, in Pantera's case) but won't go to a gig. Enisferum are nowhere near as big in that respect but i'd bet they have more dedicated fans, they'll be higher up as most of those who see their name and like them would be very tempted to buy a ticket (especially as it seems their March date is their only other date for awhile) whereas most people who claim to like Sepultura would look at them on the line up and think "nah, not worth it".

Although not me, I'm psyched for Sepultura :rock:

Really? I can't see much of that with Sepultura, those people piss me off! You probably get it with Pantera though. I'm looking forward to them too, never caught them before

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:33 am

strangeasangels wrote:This year, they really do need good 2nd stage alternatives to all 3 headliners.

They really do!

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:44 am

Blake_Porter wrote:Has Bloodstock completed the transition to Download v2.0?

Yeah it certainly looks that way for the headliners and special guests

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:47 am

Killing_time wrote:
Beardy wrote:
Killing_time wrote:And people were laughing at me for wanting Korn to headline, This is far far worse :lol:

It's really not.

Korn > Machine Head > Lamb Of God > Trivium

I actually agree with you, although LOG and Trivium are about the same, Korn would not be suited to Bloodstock though
Last edited by Warlock on Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:49 am

Blake_Porter wrote:Just seen someone post this on facebook

Hahaha that's brilliant! :lol:

Kanwulf
Denim Demon

Postby Kanwulf » Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:56 am

:P

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:59 am

Bingo points. :woo: Oh wait. :(

Blah blah blah! Load of shite headliners. And arguing over whether Korn are better than Trivium, Lamb Of God and Machine Head is like saying AIDS is better than ebola.

Sabaton though. :D
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:01 am

BLAKEYBLOKIZARD wrote:So we've reached the theoretical end point that everyone has been predicting since Machine Head headlined. I for one don't think it's that bad, Trivium are definitely the best of the three headliners booked so far.

And does anyone else think that the headliners and undercard are like two different festivals? I can't imagine anyone that attends because they're a fan of Trivium/Rob Zombie/Within Temptation would have any interest in the rest of the bands, and vice versa. Poor.

I'm hoping for massive Sophie stage talent this year...but I'm expecting shit similar to 'Sister Sin' to be booked again.

Yeah I reckon it looks like 2 different festivals too, can't see much cross over appeal, are many Trivium Within Temptation and Rob Zombie fans really going to go to a whole festival to see them when they've had a chance to see them all else where recently? And are Bloodstock regulars going to want these bands? I think on the most part no

Bearstock
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Bearstock » Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:10 am

Gandalf the Red wrote:Blah blah blah! Load of shite headliners. And arguing over whether Korn are better than Trivium, Lamb Of God and Machine Head is like saying AIDS is better than ebola.

If you're going on the bearability of the fucking Band Aid songs then AIDS wins every time.
http://www.last.fm/user/Jax_87
https://play.spotify.com/user/jaxmet87/playlist/4FLRE6iQmLWa3PdBII0Jl5

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:14 am

pinhead0303 wrote:Whilst it's been quite amusing reading the reaction to Trivium, surely no one's actually surprised by next year's headliners (in general rather than specifically)?

Now that Bloodstock have gone the route of having actual alternative headliners (barring MegaDave hissy fits) like they should've done all along, it makes perfect business sense for them to have more mainstream bands headline to try and draw in new people, while the actual good headlining bands will be in the Sophie tent (don't let me down bookers lol).

One of them will be Venom (honestly!) :D

P.S. Also, while they seem to be booking that sort of level Download bands a year later that makes Judas Priest a lock in for 2016 :lol:

Venom would be an excellent alternative I hope your right! And Judas Priest for next year! :lol:

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:21 am

Bearstock wrote:
Gandalf the Red wrote:Blah blah blah! Load of shite headliners. And arguing over whether Korn are better than Trivium, Lamb Of God and Machine Head is like saying AIDS is better than ebola.

If you're going on the bearability of the fucking Band Aid songs then AIDS wins every time.

Nope. More the nasty disease that is preferable to those bands. It does depend if it's good or bad AIDS though. :P
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:35 am

Haha I like Korn, well there earlier stuff, but wouldn't suggest them for Bloodstock