Next announcement

August 6-9, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
houston4044
Denim Demon

Re: Next announcement

Postby houston4044 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:35 am

Warlock wrote:
Oh right really, most people I know whi like them much prefer there early stuff. Only knowing 2 songs is stupid, the albums they were on had loads of great songs! And yeah there original sound was Thrash or Death metal not groove lol. I like all the Max stuff to be fair, including Roots! Think it was a great concept and theme. I even like some of there newer stuff, but much prefer Max's vocals.

Most people's reactions to a new Sepultura album is pretty much a shrug of the shoulders, and just ignore it. People seem to think Max is the way for them to catch peoples attention again and basically carry on from the roots album. Few people actually pay attention to their new material, they catch them to watch the hits. That's probably why they've been booked fairly low. The acclaim that met the new album only really mattered to a small section of fans, people just want to hear the hits and that's their broad appeal; that's why they won't move up the line up.

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:58 am

Chugging Pus wrote:Headliners are bollocks but really liking the lower bands this year, all it's gonna need is some decent Sophie headliners and on a what I which level, could be the best line up in ages.

This really, maybe not the "best in ages" for me personally, but still pretty good.
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

Beardy
I am the Law!

Postby Beardy » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:14 am

Blake_Porter wrote:What happened to all the other announcement thread :?

I can only see the Overkill one and the cracker one.

Been moved to the Official Announcements forum above this one. Older announcements are moved there every year so this forum doesn't get clogged up with dozens of stickied threads.

Leemanruss
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Leemanruss » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:23 am

Warlock wrote:
Leemanruss wrote:When I scrolled down the line up page and Trivium's logo stared back at me through the computer screen, I laughed very heavily indeed. Shook my head and thought 'I hope there's a few othe bands with this announcement'.

Scrolled down some more and saw Sabaton's logo. Just days ago I had seen Sabaton live in Plymouth and I thought to myself whilst watching them 'I wish Bloodstock would still book bands like this' and here we are! I realise they played 2 years ago but they had such awful sound issues which cut the set short, although the singer kept us very entertained with his hilarious chit-chat.

Then I scrolled to the bottom of the page and I could've sworn I saw Agalloch's logo and I thought 'No way. Bloodstock only book shit bands these days' but I looked again and Agalloch's logo was still there

I simply cannot belive they've booked Agalloch. They have been one of my favourite bands for about 8 years when I first heard Ashes Against the Grain.

Who would've thought that my favourite ever Bloodstock announcement included Trivium?

I am so made up about Agalloch playing that I haven't stopped listening to them since the announcement. I also like the idea of them playing out on the mainstage. Similar bands have made it work outdoors at Bloodstock: Swallow the Sun, Triptykon and Anathema.

That's cool, glad somebody is pleased! Oh and nice name, Imperial Guard Ftw! :dibbley:

I am aware that a Leemanruss is something to do with Warhammer, but its not why its my username. My real name is Lee and people used to call me Leemanruss at school, so when coming up with a name back in 2008 I chose Leemanruss. Only later I discovered it was some sort of Warhammer thing :P
Atmosfest: '17 '18
BOA: '08 '09 '10 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '16 '17 '18 '19
Damnation: '11 '13 '16 '17
Download: '06
HammerFest: '09 '17
Hellfest: '17
HRH Vikings: '18
PMQF: '17 '18
Ragnarok: '18
Wacken: '17
Wacken Winter Nights: '19
Warhorns: '16 '17 '18 '19

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:40 pm

I thought that your name was Russ and you came from the Leeman part of York. :lol:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Kanwulf
Denim Demon

Postby Kanwulf » Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:29 pm

Beardy wrote:
Blake_Porter wrote:What happened to all the other announcement thread :?

I can only see the Overkill one and the cracker one.

Been moved to the Official Announcements forum above this one. Older announcements are moved there every year so this forum doesn't get clogged up with dozens of stickied threads.

Ah right, makes sense.

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:25 pm

Blake_Porter wrote:I would rather Limp Bizkit than Trivium :lol:

Killing_time wrote:Limp Bizkit would have been great! At least they're fun :lol:

I am genuinely horrified at the thought that anyone here could hold this opinion. For all the flak, Trivium are at least a metal band that belong at Bloodstock. Limp Bizkit are about as inappropriate for Bloodstock as it's possible to be. Even more so than Korn.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Kanwulf
Denim Demon

Postby Kanwulf » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:40 pm

I'm not going to lie.... I love me a bit of Limp Bizkit when I want to feel like a proper wigga! :eyes:

Bearstock
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Bearstock » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:24 pm

Tet wrote:For all the flak, Trivium are at least a metal band that belong at Bloodstock. Limp Bizkit are about as inappropriate for Bloodstock as it's possible to be. Even more so than Korn.

This!

Linkin Park headlining Download and Sonisphere is when I stated to give up looking what they had to offer before looking elsewhere.

Limp Bizkit at Bloodstock just is too laughable to comprehend.
http://www.last.fm/user/Jax_87
https://play.spotify.com/user/jaxmet87/playlist/4FLRE6iQmLWa3PdBII0Jl5

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:48 pm

To be fair, I'd book Limp Bizkit if they promise to do Rollin' with Cannibal Corpse joining them onstage, would be amazing to listen to that :lol:

How many of the big slots did we have this time last year? I know Sophie headliners were January/February time but it seems the only big slots left are the Sophie headliners, Sunday special guests and potentially 3rd Friday and Saturday. They're going to hold back on those for awhile I'd imagine.

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:27 am

Leemanruss wrote:
Warlock wrote:
Leemanruss wrote:When I scrolled down the line up page and Trivium's logo stared back at me through the computer screen, I laughed very heavily indeed. Shook my head and thought 'I hope there's a few othe bands with this announcement'.

Scrolled down some more and saw Sabaton's logo. Just days ago I had seen Sabaton live in Plymouth and I thought to myself whilst watching them 'I wish Bloodstock would still book bands like this' and here we are! I realise they played 2 years ago but they had such awful sound issues which cut the set short, although the singer kept us very entertained with his hilarious chit-chat.

Then I scrolled to the bottom of the page and I could've sworn I saw Agalloch's logo and I thought 'No way. Bloodstock only book shit bands these days' but I looked again and Agalloch's logo was still there

I simply cannot belive they've booked Agalloch. They have been one of my favourite bands for about 8 years when I first heard Ashes Against the Grain.

Who would've thought that my favourite ever Bloodstock announcement included Trivium?

I am so made up about Agalloch playing that I haven't stopped listening to them since the announcement. I also like the idea of them playing out on the mainstage. Similar bands have made it work outdoors at Bloodstock: Swallow the Sun, Triptykon and Anathema.

That's cool, glad somebody is pleased! Oh and nice name, Imperial Guard Ftw! :dibbley:

I am aware that a Leemanruss is something to do with Warhammer, but its not why its my username. My real name is Lee and people used to call me Leemanruss at school, so when coming up with a name back in 2008 I chose Leemanruss. Only later I discovered it was some sort of Warhammer thing :P

Ah right! Lol thats a weird coincidence! Maybe they were into it! Its a type of Tank :yes:

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:32 am

Tet wrote:
Blake_Porter wrote:I would rather Limp Bizkit than Trivium :lol:

Killing_time wrote:Limp Bizkit would have been great! At least they're fun :lol:

I am genuinely horrified at the thought that anyone here could hold this opinion. For all the flak, Trivium are at least a metal band that belong at Bloodstock. Limp Bizkit are about as inappropriate for Bloodstock as it's possible to be. Even more so than Korn.

I agree totally inappropriate and kind of everything Bloodstock is against, I don't mind them but no way at BOA that would be the end! At least like you say Trivium are a Metal band, find it quite ammusing how their the most Metal headliner for next year!

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:47 am

Until an out and out nu-metal band is booked (wouldn't say Devildriver or Trivium are nu-metal) then BOA isn't becoming a mini-Download to me (in terms of the audience they try to attract). After the Trivium reaction the next announcement has to be a lot more "for the fans" surely?

Bearstock
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Bearstock » Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:38 pm

Assuming the headline acts on both stages clash I'm expecting some more obscure/extreme or whatever acts high up on Sophie Stage and if so would imagine they'll be in the next announcement.
http://www.last.fm/user/Jax_87
https://play.spotify.com/user/jaxmet87/playlist/4FLRE6iQmLWa3PdBII0Jl5

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:12 pm

houston4044 wrote:Until an out and out nu-metal band is booked (wouldn't say Devildriver or Trivium are nu-metal) then BOA isn't becoming a mini-Download to me (in terms of the audience they try to attract). After the Trivium reaction the next announcement has to be a lot more "for the fans" surely?

I'm not expecting another announcement until the new year, at which point yeah, I'm expceting second stage headliners (at least one). Most people will probably have made up their minds by then.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!