Next announcement

August 6-9, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
houston4044
Denim Demon

Re: Next announcement

Postby houston4044 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:27 pm

Bearstock wrote:It's an appealing alternative to Within Temptation I'm most keen to see

Join the queue :P

I'm still wondering who the other hardcore band will be, I doubt Pro-Pain are gonna be the only one

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:46 pm

houston4044 wrote:
Bearstock wrote:It's an appealing alternative to Within Temptation I'm most keen to see

I'm still wondering who the other hardcore band will be, I doubt Pro-Pain are gonna be the only one

I would guess that people who like Pro Pain would also be the types that like Sepultura and Rob Zombie. And to a lesser extent Cannibal Corpse.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:17 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:
houston4044 wrote:

I would guess that people who like Pro Pain would also be the types that like Sepultura and Rob Zombie. And to a lesser extent Cannibal Corpse.

I like all those bands but never made the connection until you mentioned it :lol:

Kanwulf
Denim Demon

Postby Kanwulf » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:54 pm

houston4044 wrote:

Insane Clown Posse

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:24 am

Blake_Porter wrote:
houston4044 wrote:

Insane Clown Posse

Only if they bring the big Juggalo women. :eyes:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

dvl666
Consort of the Beast

Postby dvl666 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:54 am

Gandalf the Red wrote:
houston4044 wrote:

I must be the exception to that rule then I love Cannibal Corspe and (old) Sepultura but can't stand Rob Zombie or hardcore in general let alone a specific band.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:17 am

Blake_Porter wrote:
houston4044 wrote:

Insane Clown Posse

Only if they bring vanilla ice along

Kanwulf
Denim Demon

Postby Kanwulf » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:39 am

And Juggalo Championship Wrestling

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:57 pm

dvl666 wrote:
Gandalf the Red wrote:
houston4044 wrote:

I must be the exception to that rule then I love Cannibal Corspe and (old) Sepultura but can't stand Rob Zombie or hardcore in general let alone a specific band.

I meant it more that a Pro Pain fan will probably like Sepultura, Rob Zombie (White Zombie) and possibly Cannibal Corpse rather than fans of those bands liking Pro Pain. More in the fact that when Pro Pain were popular in the early 1990s those bands were also at their peak popularity wise.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:06 pm

Blake_Porter wrote:And Juggalo Championship Wrestling

If they come out and chokeslam WT then my saturday evening won't be a write off

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:49 pm

I don't understand the hate towards Within Temptation. They are after all the only headliners that are traditionally a Bloodstock band. :?

euantehclansman
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby euantehclansman » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:37 pm

houston4044 wrote:

At least giez a British one like Discharge, Doom, ENT etc :yes:

pandimensionalsuffering.bandcamp.com

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:58 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:I don't understand the hate towards Within Temptation. They are after all the only headliners that are traditionally a Bloodstock band. :?

Oh I just plain don't like their music, I don't care if they are appropriate or not :lol: I mean, I like that RB is playing and he's not all that appropriate.

Ensorcelled
Denim Demon

Postby Ensorcelled » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:14 pm

To like Within Temptation, you need to hit any or all of the following prerequisites:

Be over 35
Be a woman
Be Kylan_Paassa :eyes:

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:09 am

I wouldn't say I'm a massive fan, but Within Temptation are definitely a step above most BOA headliners for me at least. Certainly far better than any of last years. Guess its all just taste though, I'm hoping for a decent alternative Friday and Sunday but I don't really mind on the Saturday.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!