Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Re: Repeat Bookings

Postby Potato-Jim » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:08 pm

Coooooooooooooooooooooooooooool :yes:

tranmerefan
Denim Demon

Postby tranmerefan » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:40 pm

The first band on that list that they should bring back is Powerwolf. They were fantastic and it will have been 5 years.
Last.fm Profile

Facebook

BLIND GUARDIANl; FEN; A FOREST OF STARS; FEN; NIGHTWISH; FEN; OLD CORPSE ROAD; FEN; UFO; FEN; WODENSTHRONE; FEN; AGALLOCH AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FEN FOR BOA 2014

mathewxentrix88
Leather Rebel

Postby mathewxentrix88 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:36 am

So far 5 bands have been announced-all 5 have played before.Do the bookers withhold 50% of a bands fee unless they return within 5 years or something?
There are thousands more bands around who have NEVER played the fest than who actually HAVE-why don't the bookers try getting some of them?There are people on here who can give give the organizers a few pointers if they are getting stuck......

cthulhu
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby cthulhu » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:16 pm

mathewxentrix88 wrote:So far 5 bands have been announced-all 5 have played before.Do the bookers withhold 50% of a bands fee unless they return within 5 years or something?
There are thousands more bands around who have NEVER played the fest than who actually HAVE-why don't the bookers try getting some of them?There are people on here who can give give the organizers a few pointers if they are getting stuck......

To be fair they've been going for a decade and there aren't exactly a plethora of new bands taking the reins there is a point where this kinda thing is a statistical likelihood.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:26 pm

cthulhu wrote:
mathewxentrix88 wrote:So far 5 bands have been announced-all 5 have played before.Do the bookers withhold 50% of a bands fee unless they return within 5 years or something?

To be fair they've been going for a decade and there aren't exactly a plethora of new bands taking the reins there is a point where this kinda thing is a statistical likelihood.

It doesn't have to be new bands though. There are hundreds of bands that haven't played yet.

And to be honest I don't particularly want that many new bands on the Mainstage. That's what the New Blood stage is for. I'd rather have the Mainstage for established acts that have been going for a while.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

euantehclansman
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby euantehclansman » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:41 pm

It doesn't have to be new and unsigned, just new :P

pandimensionalsuffering.bandcamp.com

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:53 pm

I'd rather there weren't new bands on the mainstage. Usually new bands are cack like Suicide Silence. I wouldn't even mind repeats, just repeats from a bit longer than 2 years ago please.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Kanwulf
Denim Demon

Postby Kanwulf » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:01 pm

I don't mind new bands playing the mainstage, as long as it is only in the opening slots. I think after that and up until the late afternoon slots (i.e. third/fourth from top) should be established bands that aren't world beaters but have a really strong following in the Bloodstock demographic [*]. And after that we start getting to household names in the metal world and amongst the biggest names in their respectful genres.

[*] And by Bloodstock Demographic, I mean bands that aren't the media darling (Unless they actually fit the bill like Watain, Behemoth etc.)

mathewxentrix88
Leather Rebel

Postby mathewxentrix88 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:28 pm

Just to clarify my earlier post.I wasn't suggesting Bloodstock book "new" bands for the main stage-i was saying that there are thousands of active bands who have never played the fest yet the bookers keep rolling out the same ones who have played before,
For this announcement substitute (quickly off the top of my head) Cannibal Corpse for Asphyx,Hail Of Bullets or Gorguts and with Sepultura-swap for Annihilator,Tankard,Nuclear Assault for example(there are countless others obviously).The lineup would be a lot "fresher" and at least it would look like the bookers were at least trying.

Killing_time
Paster of Muppets

Postby Killing_time » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:30 pm

I'm fairly certain Bloodbath will be playing Bloodstock 2015

Death to Power Pop!! It should go down with the sinking ship that is Download festival.

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:49 pm

Killing_time wrote:I'm fairly certain Bloodbath will be playing Bloodstock 2015

Right underneath Cannibal Corpse...its just a repeat of 2010...
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:01 pm

Skippy wrote:
Killing_time wrote:I'm fairly certain Bloodbath will be playing Bloodstock 2015

Right underneath Cannibal Corpse...its just a repeat of 2010...

If we get Twisted Sister, Rage, Edguy, Doro, Holy Moses, Onslaught, Sonata Arctica, Ross The Boss, Ensiferum and Korpiklaani then put me down for a few tickets. :D
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:12 pm

Just occured to me, are evile still a band? Haven't heard much from them lately (not saying i want them booked, just curious)

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:20 pm

Erm. Nobody knows. :lol:

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:22 pm

I figured if anyone would know it'd be bloodstock :p