Bloodstock Arms

August 6-9, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
GTFCMike
Definitely Not Nu

Bloodstock Arms

Postby GTFCMike » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:22 pm

Fosters - never again!!

A wider range of lagers and ciders, please :)
Come on Bloodstock. You know you want to. Hypocrisy. Sort it, Bloodstock! ;)

fluffkitten
Paster of Muppets

Re: Bloodstock Arms

Postby fluffkitten » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:28 pm

You get what ever this year's sponsor is pushing and no variety because that takes away the incentive to buy VIP. ;)
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings :coffee:

Beardy
I am the Law!

Postby Beardy » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:32 pm

In fairness, there was about 4 or 5 ales other than Hobgoblin this year which is what people were asking for as well as actual pints of cider as opposed to just cans or bottles (for the same price as a pint of lager) as it has been in recent years so comments have clearly been taken onboard.

Even in VIP it was only Fosters on I think (not entirely sure since I was too busy drinking the ales and ciders in there :P :lol: )

GTFCMike
Definitely Not Nu

Postby GTFCMike » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:34 pm

fluffkitten wrote:You get what ever this year's sponsor is pushing and no variety because that takes away the incentive to buy VIP. ;)

I know but I don't care :P

The disgusting aftertaste from the one pint of that p*** I did consume still remains. A truly horrific experience.

So I thought I'd ask anyway :)

Pretty please can we have something nice to drink in 2015? :yes:

house
Consort of the Beast

Postby house » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:51 pm

I think they need better bar staff next year, most of em where beyond useless! Trying to get served at times was hopeless and then the bar staff would try an give the pint to someone else :-?

malicious_bloke
Consort of the Beast

Postby malicious_bloke » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:54 pm

house wrote:I think they need better bar staff next year, most of em where beyond useless! Trying to get served at times was hopeless and then the bar staff would try an give the pint to someone else :-?

I never had a problem with the staff.

I had problems with twatty retards standing at the bar, not even trying to order, usually smoking at the same time.

Luckily I'm quite good at shouldering eejits aside without spilling drinks.

Seriously, when it's 5 deep at the bar, it's really not a good place for you to zone out and light up like a spastic. Especially not when I am medically in need of a pint.
There's no 'I' in snuffly

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:00 pm

I don't know why they didn't have the Carlsberg as usual. Or if they want the same brewer as Fosters - the vastly superior Heineken.

I'm normally an ale drinker. But it was far too hot most of the weekend to be drinking flat, warm ale which had been poured out half an hour previously. I know about the Wychwood bar. That was nearly as bad for warm, flat ale. Even if it was freshly poured in front of you.

I honestly think they should check the ID of the barstaff. If I was still working in a pub then I wouldn't serve them. :lol:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

euantehclansman
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby euantehclansman » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:58 pm

Beardy wrote:In fairness, there was about 4 or 5 ales other than Hobgoblin this year which is what people were asking for as well as actual pints of cider as opposed to just cans or bottles (for the same price as a pint of lager) as it has been in recent years so comments have clearly been taken onboard.

Even in VIP it was only Fosters on I think (not entirely sure since I was too busy drinking the ales and ciders in there :P :lol: )

4 or 5 ales? What bar were you at? :lol: I only saw Hobgoblin and BOA Arms.

Regarding the VIP incentive, there is 90 ales or something in VIP no? Give us at LEAST 3 ales, 2 lagers and 2 ciders. Still plenty incentive for the extra choice. Not gonna make a dent in VIP or Rock Soc sales. If people really only want 1 extra choice they'll just hop back to the tent and neck a quick drink between instead of paying £50 or £100 for a whole 1 extra kind of beer :P

pandimensionalsuffering.bandcamp.com

Cassius
Consort of the Beast

Postby Cassius » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:01 pm

euantehclansman wrote:

Most of the tents only had Hobgoblin and the BOA ale but the actual Bloodstock Arms also had Marstons Pedigree and I think 2 others I cant remember the names of

euantehclansman
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby euantehclansman » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:02 pm

Cassius wrote:
euantehclansman wrote:

Most of the tents only had Hobgoblin and the BOA ale but the actual Bloodstock Arms also had Marstons Pedigree and I think 2 others I cant remember the names of

Shite, I knew I shoulda read the price list :lol:

pandimensionalsuffering.bandcamp.com

GTFCMike
Definitely Not Nu

Postby GTFCMike » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:09 pm

Cassius wrote:
euantehclansman wrote:

One of them was Piledriver. Quite a nice dark ale when freshly served chilled :P

Beardy
I am the Law!

Postby Beardy » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:28 pm

euantehclansman wrote:
Beardy wrote:In fairness, there was about 4 or 5 ales other than Hobgoblin this year which is what people were asking for as well as actual pints of cider as opposed to just cans or bottles (for the same price as a pint of lager) as it has been in recent years so comments have clearly been taken onboard.

Regarding the VIP incentive, there is 90 ales or something in VIP no? Give us at LEAST 3 ales, 2 lagers and 2 ciders. Still plenty incentive for the extra choice. Not gonna make a dent in VIP or Rock Soc sales. If people really only want 1 extra choice they'll just hop back to the tent and neck a quick drink between instead of paying £50 or £100 for a whole 1 extra kind of beer :P

As has already been pointed out by others, the Arms did indeed have several other ales. I had Pedigree and one other (I don't think it was the Piledriver but I can't remember the name of it) from there myself - and those ones were poured from the keg to order, not pre-poured, so the extra choice on the ale front that has been asked for over the past few years was there :P

...and like I said, as far as I'm aware there was only the one lager choice even in VIP.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:44 pm

Piledriver was definitely on. It was on the Thursday anyway.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Pagan Knight
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Pagan Knight » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:31 am

(Beardy said)As has already been pointed out by others, the Arms did indeed have several other ales. I had Pedigree and one other (I don't think it was the Piledriver but I can't remember the name of it) [/quote]

It was Brakspear (which makes sense as all of the Ales/brewerys in the "Arms" are owned by Marstons).
:drink:
A Storms A-Brewing!
The Clan Destined , A Forest Of Stars , Wintersun , Tiamat , Moonspell , Wardruna , Pitchshifter , Anathema , Sòlstafir , Suicidal Tendencies , Moonsorrow , Winterfylleth , Baroness & FEN for Bloodstock Open Air ....

red_death
Definitely Not Nu

Postby red_death » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:11 am

Yep, the Bloodstock Arms had at least some of the weekend:

Hobgoblin
Bloodstock Ale
Jennings of some variety
Piledriver
Brakspear