Bloodstock Arms

August 6-9, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Dobbydob
Consort of the Beast

Re: Bloodstock Arms

Postby Dobbydob » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:36 am

my only issue with the Ale they had in the Bloodstock Arms is that they signs on them were written in pen and at least 2 where not legible, it didn't even realise it was different ales (and not barrels of Hobgoblin) till Sunday afternoon!!!
http://www.adam-robson.com
Long Live Strongbow Man

Kanwulf
Denim Demon

Postby Kanwulf » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:14 pm

house wrote:I think they need better bar staff next year, most of em where beyond useless! Trying to get served at times was hopeless and then the bar staff would try an give the pint to someone else :-?

One of the fuckers tried short changing me a tenner then gave me a clueless look when i told her I gave her a £20 note, not a tenner.

Also, had to laugh at getting ID'd by some lad that looked younger than me.... And ai am quite young looking for a 21 year old

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:30 pm

Blake_Porter wrote:
house wrote:I think they need better bar staff next year, most of em where beyond useless! Trying to get served at times was hopeless and then the bar staff would try an give the pint to someone else :-?

One of the fuckers tried short changing me a tenner then gave me a clueless look when i told her I gave her a £20 note, not a tenner.

Also, had to laugh at getting ID'd by some lad that looked younger than me.... And ai am quite young looking for a 21 year old

My brother got £8 change out of £20. How he was getting £8 when nothing was exactly £12 is bewildering. :?

It should of been £15.90 i.e. £4.10 a pint.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

MadManiac
Warrior of Metal

Postby MadManiac » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:33 am

The only thing I noticed was the price £4.10 for a pint were as last year it was £4.50 a pint.

Bio-Zombi
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Bio-Zombi » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:47 pm

MadManiac wrote:The only thing I noticed was the price £4.10 for a pint were as last year it was £4.50 a pint.

Are you sure? I thought it was £4 last year....
You should try being dead...

GTFCMike
Definitely Not Nu

Postby GTFCMike » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:53 pm

It was £4 last year.
Come on Bloodstock. You know you want to. Hypocrisy. Sort it, Bloodstock! ;)

yog sothoth
Consort of the Beast

Postby yog sothoth » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:44 pm

Oh dear, I was completely unaware there was anything other than Hobgoblin. Whether this was due to me being unobservant, or poor signage, I'm not sure, but will keep a look out next year.
An injury to one is an injury to all http://www.solfed.org.uk/

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:30 pm

yog sothoth wrote:Oh dear, I was completely unaware there was anything other than Hobgoblin. Whether this was due to me being unobservant, or poor signage, I'm not sure, but will keep a look out next year.

I think a few barrels just had a hand written sign on them
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

Johnny Tightlips
Denim Demon

Postby Johnny Tightlips » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:36 pm

The big surprise for me this year was the wine. As I was driving every day I could only have one or two spaced out through-out the day. I'm normally an ale drinker, but tried the BOA ale and it tasted like piss, all Wychwood tastes equally as awful so I steer clear of those anyway, and not a big fan of the others, so I ended up turning to the wine. The red was actually fairly decent, plus it felt like much better value for money than the pints. Will definitely be on the wine if I go again and if the ale isn't up to much.

OffColour
Lowly Peon

Postby OffColour » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:59 pm

Biggest problem with getting served was that there were dead spots where the staff on either side seemed to think it was the other person's problem. No idea if they had a "patch" each or just wandered at random, but was bloody annoying when they didn't vaguely have a clue who was next. Probably thought we all looked the same :D

house
Consort of the Beast

Postby house » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:59 pm

OffColour wrote:Biggest problem with getting served was that there were dead spots where the staff on either side seemed to think it was the other person's problem. No idea if they had a "patch" each or just wandered at random, but was bloody annoying when they didn't vaguely have a clue who was next. Probably thought we all looked the same :D

This is exactly what I experienced with em.

keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Postby keera_envenomed » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:53 pm

If they serve Hobgoblin, why can't we get some Green Goblin in for the cider drinkers? I can't remember what shite they had on this year, but it certainly wasn't worth drinking.
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

mathewxentrix88
Leather Rebel

Postby mathewxentrix88 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:15 pm

keera_envenomed wrote:If they serve Hobgoblin, why can't we get some Green Goblin in for the cider drinkers? I can't remember what shite they had on this year, but it certainly wasn't worth drinking.

What an excellent idea! :yes:

JamieH
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby JamieH » Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:00 pm

keera_envenomed wrote:If they serve Hobgoblin, why can't we get some Green Goblin in for the cider drinkers? I can't remember what shite they had on this year, but it certainly wasn't worth drinking.

This.

I've no idea what they had this year, as I wasn't there. But 2013 it was that somersby shite that Carlsberg make.

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:31 pm

Compared to the usual pish served up at festivals I have been at, I am looking forward to sampling the ales.
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!