Set Times Suggestions for 2015

August 6-9, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Kanwulf
Denim Demon

Re: Set Times Suggestions for 2015

Postby Kanwulf » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:35 pm

cthulhu wrote:It doesn't matter if you vote in the M2TM really Simon Hall gets final say. And in the semi finals (at least here) it's mostly determined by judges with the votes only contributing to an overall percentage that is mostly made up of their opinions.

Leaving the vocalist of Beholder to decide which bands are good :rolleyes:

cthulhu
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby cthulhu » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:57 pm

Blake_Porter wrote:
cthulhu wrote:It doesn't matter if you vote in the M2TM really Simon Hall gets final say. And in the semi finals (at least here) it's mostly determined by judges with the votes only contributing to an overall percentage that is mostly made up of their opinions.

Leaving the vocalist of Beholder to decide which bands are good :rolleyes:

Hey i don't make the rules :lol:

If it were up to me i'd make it so that all the judges including him had an equal say. Either that or they rename the new blood stage the "simon hall stage"
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:31 pm

I think what they did with Sister Sin and Hellyeah this year should be applied to all 3 days, have a SL headliner play before the RJD headliner and then have a decent sized act clash with the RJD headliner; makes the weekend seem more special.

I don't think the Jager stage can be changed much due to it's positioning, can't really do much but add more bands by getting it to start earlier. Personally while it does offer a few more slots so potentially can add to the weekend; it doesn't really seem to have a purpose. RJD is for the big bands, SL for small-to-medium bands, NB for new bands, Jager...things we couldn't cram on the other stages? :lol:

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:35 pm

I think they should just alternate like they do at bigger festivals. Whilst the bands aren't as big, it would allow the smaller bands to hit a bigger audience and would mean that clashes would be kept to a minimum, and people could see as many bands as possible.

For example maybe the SL and RJD stages on, then Jager and NB, then back again etc.
Steam = Starchild
Facebook

Catch me at:
20/6/20 - Rammstein - Coventry

Bearstock
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Bearstock » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:51 pm

I think this year with the headliners in particular being fairly questionable to some they need to have an alternative clashing on the Sophie Stage.

Whilst Within Temptation are on the RJD have something fairly brutal or whatever on the Sophie stage.
http://www.last.fm/user/Jax_87
https://play.spotify.com/user/jaxmet87/playlist/4FLRE6iQmLWa3PdBII0Jl5

Kanwulf
Denim Demon

Postby Kanwulf » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:18 pm

Have Skepticism clash with WT and I will rip up my Wacken ticket and go to Bloodstock.

Chugging Pus
Paster of Muppets

Postby Chugging Pus » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:40 pm

I had no idea where to put this and obviously far too early for its own thread. But I done my mock up template ready for the set times thread (I always do it around this time as generally when the Sophie bands get announced I am busy at work) and people said they wanted to see it from the start. So here you go.

http://clashfinder.com/s/chuggingpusbloodstock2015/
"What we're having here is a secret conversation, and I'm hoping that this time, you can keep the fucking secret, because normally you're about as secure as a hymen in a South London comprehensive."

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:40 pm

Not complaining but are nearly done with mainstage bands already? man that was quick o_0

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:25 am

Hmm interesting to see what slots are still going to be left to fill. My guess would be third down on Friday and opener, one either side of Nuclear Assault on Saturday, and one in the slot between Pro-Pain and Sepultura on Sunday (as well as Special Guests of course). Definitely seems that the mainstage has been filled faster than previous years, might be wrong though.

By the way, thanks Chugging Pus for getting the clashfinder up early, its always nice to see the genesis of the final times.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:15 am

I have no idea but is Isahn big enough to be 4th? I don't know but if he isn't were bound to get another band in that slot.

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:45 pm

houston4044 wrote:I have no idea but is Isahn big enough to be 4th? I don't know but if he isn't were bound to get another band in that slot.

He was 5th top in 2011. I guess either 4th or 5th would make sense.

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:55 pm

kanet666 wrote:I think they should just alternate like they do at bigger festivals. Whilst the bands aren't as big, it would allow the smaller bands to hit a bigger audience and would mean that clashes would be kept to a minimum, and people could see as many bands as possible.

For example maybe the SL and RJD stages on, then Jager and NB, then back again etc.

Terrible idea. SL stage would suffer and people would have many more clashes without actually gaining anything really. You don't make the 2 main stages of a festival clash, that's practically business suicide.

Dobbydob wrote:I always assumed they must have some sort of run over time in case of any major technical problems that would allow them to still put the bands on. maybe it extends to 12, but to keep the locals happy they just impose the 11pm cutoff point themselves normally.

They already have a 45min changeover time before the headliner and 15 mins after the planned end time, so I can imagine 11pm being the curfew, as it would take some pretty big issues to cause a 3/4hour plus delay (1hr minus 15-20 needed for the changeover in most circumstances)
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:31 am

Haldamir319 wrote:
houston4044 wrote:I have no idea but is Isahn big enough to be 4th? I don't know but if he isn't were bound to get another band in that slot.

Apart from being the front man in Emperor, has his solo work actually merited such a high slot?

Bearstock
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Bearstock » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:34 am

houston4044 wrote:
Haldamir319 wrote:

Apart from being the front man in Emperor, has his solo work actually merited such a high slot?

Ive only properly listened to his first sole album and just dribs and drabs of the rest.

Some of it is really really good though, loved the song Called BY The Fire for years now.

No idea how that translates to general consensus but I'd assume he'd be fairly high.
http://www.last.fm/user/Jax_87
https://play.spotify.com/user/jaxmet87/playlist/4FLRE6iQmLWa3PdBII0Jl5

Brendancoles
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Brendancoles » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:10 pm

Personally I'd be fine with him headlining but that's personal conjecture.