Possible Improvements to the New Blood Stage

August 6-9, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Tet
Denim Demon

Re: Possible Improvements to the New Blood Stage

Postby Tet » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:59 pm

impervious wrote:Well, of the five bands that have got through M2TM East Midlands over the past 3 years, we have seen Incinery (thrash), Airstryke (glam), Line Of Fire (Southern/stoner/hard rock), Cruel Humanity (Black Metal) and Cacodaemonic (Blackened Death Metal).

I have to say, I agree with Rob here. I've been to a number of M2TM heats and while I have some issues with the competition, I wouldn't necessarily say that a lack of genre variety is one of the problems.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Postby keera_envenomed » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:01 pm

Tet wrote:
impervious wrote:Well, of the five bands that have got through M2TM East Midlands over the past 3 years, we have seen Incinery (thrash), Airstryke (glam), Line Of Fire (Southern/stoner/hard rock), Cruel Humanity (Black Metal) and Cacodaemonic (Blackened Death Metal).

I have to say, I agree with Rob here. I've been to a number of M2TM heats and while I have some issues with the competition, I wouldn't necessarily say that a lack of genre variety is one of the problems.

Clearly you didn't attend the ones in Swansea a couple of years back! There were only about 2 bands who weren't dodgy metalcore the whole competition!
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

Blake_Porter
Denim Demon

Postby Blake_Porter » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:22 pm

Tet wrote:

Might be true for one specific M2TM, but there was no Black Metal on the New Bloods this year at all. Nor was there any folk to my knowledge (although I could well be wrong on that one)

Bearstock
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Bearstock » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:14 pm

Blake_Porter wrote:
Tet wrote:

Might be true for one specific M2TM, but there was no Black Metal on the New Bloods this year at all. Nor was there any folk to my knowledge (although I could well be wrong on that one)

Trouble with black metal is when it's live the sound has to be pretty good, in a small venue with shitty sound they're gonna sound wank.
http://www.last.fm/user/Jax_87
https://play.spotify.com/user/jaxmet87/playlist/4FLRE6iQmLWa3PdBII0Jl5