The Headliner Prediction Thread

August 6-9, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Re: The Headliner Prediction Thread

Postby metaldinosaur » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:53 am

Haldamir319 wrote:If Danzig headlined, I doubt it'd be the Sunday - barely anyone would know any songs by them :-/

'Moooother!'

I only knew the one Europe song but it was still fun!
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:54 am

Fonzig got a decent crowd at Manc Academy 1 last year, but there was a real mix of people, many of whom wouldn't be seen dead at Bloodstock. They were good once they got going, first two songs they were dreadful. Special Guest type slot would be great.
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:55 am

Haldamir319 wrote:If Danzig headlined, I doubt it'd be the Sunday - barely anyone would know any songs by them :-/

Not being enough to headline any of the days, even special guest would be a push for them.

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:28 am

someone else wrote:Fonzig got a decent crowd at Manc Academy 1 last year, but there was a real mix of people, many of whom wouldn't be seen dead at Bloodstock. They were good once they got going, first two songs they were dreadful. Special Guest type slot would be great.

I didn't make it to that. Poo.

What was the demographic like? Could some of the 'wouldn't be seen dead' types be just a bit older? Nowadays, If im going to a gig after work I usually have to wear my civilian cloths! I still wear metal t-shirts half the time on days off and I will still get my boots and battle jacket out for Bloodstock though!
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:39 am

metaldinosaur wrote:
someone else wrote:Fonzig got a decent crowd at Manc Academy 1 last year, but there was a real mix of people, many of whom wouldn't be seen dead at Bloodstock. They were good once they got going, first two songs they were dreadful. Special Guest type slot would be great.

I didn't make it to that. Poo.

What was the demographic like? Could some of the 'wouldn't be seen dead' types be just a bit older? !

Not really - I know I'm generalising, but of the ones that didn't look like BOA's core audience, but with is being pedalled with a Misfits set with Doyle there was a mix of old punks, young punks with Misfits T Shirts, Blokes who looked like they've been warped in from a Poison or Crue video...maybe not the sort that would go to a festival for one band on a bill with the likes of Morbid Angel. A band like Opeth would get a similar attendance but you would guess that more of them would be fans of the death and thrash band sof the bill, and a bigger chunk would be BOA type goers

Kanwulf
Denim Demon

Postby Kanwulf » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:36 am

Motörbastard wrote:Given that they're planning on hitting Europe next year,

could/would Motley Crue be on the cards?

I wouldn't mind seeing them purely to say I have seen them

Andy.
Warrior of Metal

Postby Andy. » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:20 pm

Ministry?

Al Jourgensen is putting the band back together for (another) final, last ever world tour and it's pretty much a certainty they'll be in Europe capitalising on the summer festival circuit next year.

I'd certainly be up for some of that but can see the purists pissing in their pants and screaming "BUT.... Ministry have elements of dance music, what next? The Prodigy??!!!"
All hail the brave sailor men of the mighty Jorvik Turbojugend!!!

Potato-Jim
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Potato-Jim » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:06 pm

I don't even think they're big enough to headline any more to be honest.

And I'd take The Prodigy over them any day ;)

Andy.
Warrior of Metal

Postby Andy. » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:02 pm

i0th wrote:
Andy. wrote:Ministry?

Al Jourgensen is putting the band back together for (another) final, last ever world tour and it's pretty much a certainty they'll be in Europe capitalising on the summer festival circuit next year.

I'd certainly be up for some of that but can see the purists pissing in their pants and screaming "BUT.... Ministry have elements of dance music, what next? The Prodigy??!!!"

Ministry would be AMAZING! Didn't know they were getting back together, thought it was all over after Mike Scaccia died (and Al's considerable health problems).

As far as I'm aware, Al plans to do a final world tour playing 'From Beer to Eternity' in full and then an encore of all the hits as a tribute to Mike who contributed a great deal to FBTE. Ministry are already confirmed to appear at the Soundwave festival in Australia next year.
As for his health problems, have you read his autobiography? After reading that, I'm pretty convinced there is NOTHING on this earth that can kill Jourgensen, the man is indestructible!! :D

Andy.
Warrior of Metal

Postby Andy. » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:04 pm

Potato-Jim wrote:And I'd take The Prodigy over them any day ;)

I'd take The Prodigy over about 99.9% of all Metal bands to be quite honest. :yes:

Iain_Not_Ian
Lowly Peon

Postby Iain_Not_Ian » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:29 pm

Andy. wrote:
i0th wrote:
Andy. wrote:Ministry?

Ministry would be AMAZING! Didn't know they were getting back together, thought it was all over after Mike Scaccia died (and Al's considerable health problems).

As far as I'm aware, Al plans to do a final world tour playing 'From Beer to Eternity' in full and then an encore of all the hits as a tribute to Mike who contributed a great deal to FBTE. Ministry are already confirmed to appear at the Soundwave festival in Australia next year.
As for his health problems, have you read his autobiography? After reading that, I'm pretty convinced there is NOTHING on this earth that can kill Jourgensen, the man is indestructible!! :D

Ministry would be a great headliner. I saw them on their last 'final' tour :? and they were awesome. Psham 69 in full would do me just fine :yes:

http://youtu.be/Xm7bnSCU09o

Ministry Friday; Mastodon Saturday and Opeth Sunday works for me! :rock:
If It Ain't Broke Don't Fix It!

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:46 pm

Ministry would be amazing.

StonerWizzard
Definitely Not Nu

Postby StonerWizzard » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:33 pm

StonerWizzard wrote:
Blake_Porter wrote:Motorhead as special guests? Are you mad?

They're great but I think Bloodstock is getting too big for them to be headliners anymore. It depends who else is playing on the day. Saxon being third on the bill this year was criminal but they just happened to be on the day with the biggest bands.

No way Danzig are bigger than them. Motorhead would still headline I think, but almost no chance after last time.[/quote]

What happened last time?
actual hipster emo scum that still thinks his views on metal are worth commenting. deafheaven, baroness, blind guardian, kvelertak and converge pls

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:49 pm

They were either drunk or ill: Lemmy slurred his way through song intros, Phil took over and they ended up talking over each other, a song was started with no drummer on the stool, songs were played at a sluggish pace. after about an hour, Lemmy did the 'finger over the throat move' to suggest it was over, so they played Ace Of Spades and cleared off. Cue a hasty press release apologising for the performance claiming the band was ill.

cthulhu
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby cthulhu » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:38 pm

Pretty sure one of their old bandmates died a day before or something.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn