Rumours

August 6-9, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Andy (Dr Sin)
Consort of the Beast

Rumours

Postby Andy (Dr Sin) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:06 am

Surprised no ones started the rumours thread yet.

Can't help buy notice the amount of attention Edguy are getting on Facebook from Simon Hall. Could be me reading too much into it, but I hope could be a sign...?
Where's my old bloody account gone?!

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh
I am the Law!

Re: Rumours

Postby Aaaarrrrgggghhhh » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:10 am

It's also the next decent sized gig at Queens Hall in Nuneaton, Simon's local stomping ground. :yes:

It could mean anything of course, but I would hope for something a little more inspired.

Bearstock
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Bearstock » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:20 am

What constitutes a rumour?

Virtually everyone I speak too or see posts from online seems to be of the thought process that Judas Priest may headline next year.

It is literally just people though who heard it from people, who heard it from people whom in turn heard it from people etc etc.
http://www.last.fm/user/Jax_87
https://play.spotify.com/user/jaxmet87/playlist/4FLRE6iQmLWa3PdBII0Jl5

ScrumpiesVeteran
Leather Rebel

Postby ScrumpiesVeteran » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:22 am

Has anyone ever noticed whether the videos played constantly on the big screens have ANY correlation to bands booked the following year ?

I remember Doro being played heavily one year but can't remember if that preceded the year she played ?

Edguy's dreadful tiger video (although I love the band) was played on repeat this time around, but they have played so often (especially if you include Avantasia in 2013) that another booking will be a repeat too many in my eyes.
ScrumpiesVeteran: "a great big bloke that smells of apples" - NOT !!!!

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh
I am the Law!

Postby Aaaarrrrgggghhhh » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:28 am

Bearstock wrote:What constitutes a rumour?

Virtually everyone I speak too or see posts from online seems to be of the thought process that Judas Priest may headline next year.

It is literally just people though who heard it from people, who heard it from people whom in turn heard it from people etc etc.

It starts off with the normal 'They linked this' or 'This person let it slip that...', 'Hey look, this band have reformed'.

You get the idea, just keep it as sensible as possible & have some fun. It always goes off track though. :lol: :P

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh
I am the Law!

Postby Aaaarrrrgggghhhh » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:35 am

ScrumpiesVeteran wrote:Has anyone ever noticed whether the videos played constantly on the big screens have ANY correlation to bands booked the following year ?

I remember Doro being played heavily one year but can't remember if that preceded the year she played ?

Edguy's dreadful tiger video (although I love the band) was played on repeat this time around, but they have played so often (especially if you include Avantasia in 2013) that another booking will be a repeat too many in my eyes.

I would imagine someone has tried to keep track, & by using that logic you've got Edguy, Sonata Arctica for starters & whoever that silly thrash band was with the crap video. (I lost interest after Friday if I'm honest)

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:37 am

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh wrote:
ScrumpiesVeteran wrote:Has anyone ever noticed whether the videos played constantly on the big screens have ANY correlation to bands booked the following year ?

I would imagine someone has tried to keep track, & by using that logic you've got Edguy, Sonata Arctica for starters & whoever that silly thrash band was with the crap video. (I lost interest after Friday if I'm honest)

Lost Society!

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh
I am the Law!

Postby Aaaarrrrgggghhhh » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:41 am

Ah yes that's them. Gama Bomb, Municipal Waste wannabes. Yeah they're as good a bet as any I suppose.

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:45 am

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh wrote:Ah yes that's them. Gama Bomb, Municipal Waste wannabes. Yeah they're as good a bet as any I suppose.

I've heard they are meant to be pretty tight live tbh.

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh
I am the Law!

Postby Aaaarrrrgggghhhh » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:48 am

Decent, or even half decent Thrash (was only the video that was crap) usually goes down well early in the day. Bring 'em in I say, as they haven't played before.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:14 am

Well they usually play Tankard quite a lot.........

I think it's just because the festival is sponsored by Nuclear Blast.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

ScrumpiesVeteran
Leather Rebel

Postby ScrumpiesVeteran » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:35 am

Gandalf the Red wrote:

Well they usually play Tankard quite a lot.........

I think it's just because the festival is sponsored by Nuclear Blast.

Fair enough. Dear festival organisers/bookers, Nuclear Blast have more bands on their books than the repeat 5-6 we seem to get every other year. Please take an extensive look at the bands and give us some off the forum wish list .....
ScrumpiesVeteran: "a great big bloke that smells of apples" - NOT !!!!

Kanwulf
Denim Demon

Postby Kanwulf » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:38 am

Andy (Dr Sin) wrote:Surprised no ones started the rumours thread yet.

Can't help buy notice the amount of attention Edguy are getting on Facebook from Simon Hall. Could be me reading too much into it, but I hope could be a sign...?

Pretty sure the non deleted me on Facebook for not cohering to his political views

MetalBeast
Denim Demon

Postby MetalBeast » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:14 pm

All right, so I MADE a mistake! ONE MISTAKE!
Can't a man start over?! Do I have to keep on PAYING?! HUH?!
Maybe I should make another mistake! ...maybe TWO more!

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:36 pm

Blake_Porter wrote:
Andy (Dr Sin) wrote:Surprised no ones started the rumours thread yet.

Pretty sure the non deleted me on Facebook for not cohering to his political views

Really?