Rumours

August 6-9, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Re: Rumours

Postby Gandalf the Red » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:46 am

They're definitely on next years Euro festival circuit so I'm quite hopeful. Headlining Rock Hard.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:01 pm

Thank you for the welcome! And yeah I had noticed :p its ok its part of being british!
It didn't specify no, hardly a rumour Blake I know but I guess was being hopeful! And yeah thought they might do the whole festival circuit. Do you reckon Gandalf? What are the chances of them at bloodstock? Hard to say how big they are but would be nice special guest to Judas Priest! (Oh no I'm being optimistic!)

reverend bizarre
Warrior of Metal

Postby reverend bizarre » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:57 am

Warlock wrote:Thank you for the welcome! And yeah I had noticed :p its ok its part of being british!
It didn't specify no, hardly a rumour Blake I know but I guess was being hopeful! And yeah thought they might do the whole festival circuit. Do you reckon Gandalf? What are the chances of them at bloodstock? Hard to say how big they are but would be nice special guest to Judas Priest! (Oh no I'm being optimistic!)

Bloody newbies and their optimism....... :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Official Member Of "The Parish Of Doom"

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:58 pm

Haha I'm not usually! Just hopeful! I have a big list of bands I want and if none of them are announced I will join the ranks of the pessimists!

Smerphy
Leather Rebel

Postby Smerphy » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:00 pm

I feel like the other headliners will be Dream Theater and Black Label Society, I'm not sure why I just feel like they're quite probable.
Gandalf the Red wrote:
Fjar wrote:Guy on the far-right has just remembered he left the oven on.

That comment can be read very diffferently than what was meant. :lol:

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:08 pm

Very possible, would not be good for me at all but I think they will have 2 possibly 3 more mainstream bands as headliners, hope I'm wrong! but I spose down and megadeth were both mainstream headliners. Anyway I'm sure there will be something decent on the sophie stage!

Kanwulf
Denim Demon

Postby Kanwulf » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:35 am

Ugh! Fuck Dream Theatre.

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:57 am

Would be extremely surprised if Dream Theatre ever headline BOA, it's not the right festival for them. And they're crap.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:34 am

They went down well at Hellfest a few years ago.

No to both of them as we've already got two boring bands in the top slots and we could do without two more. :lol:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:10 pm

Warlock wrote:Thank you for the welcome! And yeah I had noticed :p its ok its part of being british!

The popular Venom rumours are that they would only be interested if they could headline but that BOA would only be prepared to pay their asking price if it were the original line up. I have no idea how much truth there is to that but it seems a common story. They were beyond dreadful at Hellfest a few years back but I did enjoy them at their LA2 gig back in 2008/9ish (?). Mantas recently said he'd be interested in playing with Venom again but Cronos has said he's not interested in having him back :(

Aerosol_Kid
Consort of the Beast

Postby Aerosol_Kid » Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:06 pm

Blake_Porter wrote:Ugh! Fuck Dream Theatre.

At least get the spelling right when slagging them off.

Also hope Dream Theater don't play, they're fantastic BTW, but I wouldn't want a watered down 'festival' setlist, much prefer the 2 3/4 hour sets they do on their own tours, which is never boring. :D
skull-wart wrote:Yes! Thor! Clearly the best (and most muscular and handsome) man I've ever seen at everything! I would love to see him headline every day, on every stage. At every festival and gig in this country and all of the others too.

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:34 pm

I'd be happier with Dream Theater than alot of the alternatives. Much better than Black Label. Can't see it happening though, not this year.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Bearstock
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Bearstock » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:23 pm

Headliners of Dream Theater, Within Temptation and Black Label Society?

Fuck no :o
http://www.last.fm/user/Jax_87
https://play.spotify.com/user/jaxmet87/playlist/4FLRE6iQmLWa3PdBII0Jl5

Kanwulf
Denim Demon

Postby Kanwulf » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:35 pm

Bearstock wrote:Headliners of Dream Theater, Within Temptation and Black Label Society?

Fuck no :o

Yeah that would literally be the three worst headliners (that are realistic) Bloodstock could book.

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:53 am

Weird my last post seemed to have dispeared, yeah that set of headliners would be awful, not into any of them. If there is to be a more 'extreme' headliner I'm struggling to think who it would be, possibly Immortal or watain but not sure if either is big enough now. At the gates possibly, but played lower before so doubt it. Would of thought Morbid Angel would be an amazing headliner but they weren't headliners last time either, so I don't think there will be one of that sort next year