Rumours

August 6-9, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
house
Consort of the Beast

Re: Rumours

Postby house » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:03 am

I've heard mordred may make an appearance. Hope that happens.

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:53 am

Bearstock wrote:This is the same band who most only know the song Africa by right?

Uh....Hold the Line was the first song by them I heard, I'd say that's pretty big too!

I expect them to be playing something like Steelhouse more though.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Kanwulf
Denim Demon

Postby Kanwulf » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:01 pm

Skippy wrote:
Bearstock wrote:This is the same band who most only know the song Africa by right?

Uh....Hold the Line was the first song by them I heard, I'd say that's pretty big too!

I expect them to be playing something like Steelhouse more though.

Rosanna also another big song

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:53 pm

cthulhu wrote:i don't recall Dio Disciples slot length but i do remember a lot of bad feeling towards them from Watain's camp and the festival too for playing through the designated turn over time between them and Watain (who need every second of it to set up their stage show in addition to the standard duties of sorting the sound out) so they were certainly on stage longer than an hour, if i remember right it was 90 minutes total with 15 minutes of which being past their set ending.

From what I've heard, they have precisely nothing to complain about. They demanded to swap sets with Dio Disciples to aim for dusk. Dio Disciples obliged, even though they'd been contractually guaranteed the special guest slot. Then Watain went out of their way to soundcheck backstage behind the curtain to the point that they were drowning out Simon Wright's monitors while he was playing his set. Apparently he got his tech to go and have a word, and Watain just ignored him and carried on. Did Dio Disciples overrun? Not that I remember. Besides, I've been told that after their antics backstage and in the hotel, Watain are extremely unlikely to play Bloodstock again, so it's a bit of a moot point. And just to echo what others have said, they're simply not big enough to headline anyway.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:09 pm

Wow they sound like a right bunch of twats, they can f off then, thats not on at all! Would rather have Immortal.

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:12 pm

Also I think Massacre are very likely to play next year

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:21 pm

Personally I would welcome bands like Toto. They actually have more in common with what this festival was all about in the first place than any 'core, Black or Death Metal bands. Don't forget we've had Bob Catley, Glenn Hughes, Mostly Autumn, Gotthard, Sebastian Bach, etc. But I think that boat has already sailed.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Kanwulf
Denim Demon

Postby Kanwulf » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:56 pm

I'll take Magnum purely because Bob was born in Aldershot.... where I used to live :P

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:24 pm

Skidrow would be cool!

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:15 pm

They've just posted a picture of Carach Angren on the Facebook page. I know it doesn't mean much, but you never know.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Beardy
I am the Law!

Postby Beardy » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:27 pm

They posted that pic of Mike from Cancerous Womb holding the Anal Penetration sign at the airport last year and they weren't booked. Just a meme repost I reckon, unfortunately.

Kanwulf
Denim Demon

Postby Kanwulf » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:20 am

Meh, I find Carach Angren a bit overrated tbh. Cancerous Womb on the other hand :yes:

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:03 am

Even if Toto don't play next year I so want a drunken campsite sing-along to Hold the Line :lol:

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:06 am

Haha maybe Toto wasn't such a bad shout after all!

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:17 am

Your at the festival to have fun, one drunken sing-along band can make the weekend much more memorable. UFO or Black Star Riders (Thin Lizzy based set) would be great, I'll even wear a Phil Lynott afro wig if it seals the deal for the BOA organisers :yes: