Rumours

August 6-9, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Re: Rumours

Postby Gandalf the Red » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:45 pm

It can be hilarious as most of the posts seem to be genuine rather than people trolling or taking the piss. Just a bit naive maybe.

Current ones

Great stuff. 1349 and Armored Saint...awesome!!! I'm still hoping for Marilyn Manson and Rammstein...anyone with me???

I am willing to do anything if Bloodstock announce Godsmack headlining or even special guesting JUST BRING GODSMACK TO UK LAND PLEASE !!!

A lot of you wont agree with me, but I think Trivium are worthy of headlining Bloodstock, hopefully they will get their chance!

Trivium,BFMV and Judas Priest would be sick.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:11 am

When comments like that are thrown around, why should we take them seriously on their comments that the headliners make or break a fest? :P

I treat the fb page more as a wishlist, people espousing what would make their ideal festival and not what people think bloodstock should book. Only way I can justify to myself not to facepalm every 5 seconds :lol:

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:47 am

Hahaha thats hilarious! Only comment that isn't ridiculous is the person wanting Trivium, admitting people would disagree, but at least its possible and not so daft!

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:50 am

houston4044 wrote:When comments like that are thrown around, why should we take them seriously on their comments that the headliners make or break a fest? :P

I treat the fb page more as a wishlist, people espousing what would make their ideal festival and not what people think bloodstock should book. Only way I can justify to myself not to facepalm every 5 seconds :lol:

Yeah good point, surely these people should be on the Download or Sonisphere page!?

patrickransom
Definitely Not Nu

Postby patrickransom » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:25 am

I saw someone request Bring Me The Horizon on the facebook page once :lol:

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:37 pm

According to the paper this morning, Mötley Crüe will be announcing a 2015 UK festival date next week. My guess would be Download, but I can't 100% rule out Bloodstock and I'd be very happy were it so.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:02 pm

Tet wrote:According to the paper this morning, Mötley Crüe will be announcing a 2015 UK festival date next week. My guess would be Download, but I can't 100% rule out Bloodstock and I'd be very happy were it so.

I bet you a toffee apple and a stick of chewing they don't play bloodstock

Bearstock
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Bearstock » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:10 pm

patrickransom wrote:I saw someone request Bring Me The Horizon on the facebook page once :lol:

Apparently because "the new album is even better than Sepitermal (sp?) they've got to be headline worthy?"

Thankfully that was about Download.

Also a twee I think to SOnisphere or maybe Download again:

"Just heard new BMTH on Radio 1! Closing the fest please?"

:rolleyes:
http://www.last.fm/user/Jax_87
https://play.spotify.com/user/jaxmet87/playlist/4FLRE6iQmLWa3PdBII0Jl5

cthulhu
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby cthulhu » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:18 pm

Tet wrote:According to the paper this morning, Mötley Crüe will be announcing a 2015 UK festival date next week. My guess would be Download, but I can't 100% rule out Bloodstock and I'd be very happy were it so.

they got accidentally announced by Gene Simmons posting a picture of the supposed first announcement the other day:
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Baldy77
Consort of the Beast

Postby Baldy77 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:21 pm

these posts are seriously cracking me up :D the fb page is indeed baffling but Gene Simmons announcing Downlaods first bands, brilliant if true :lol:

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:44 pm

cthulhu wrote:

they got accidentally announced by Gene Simmons posting a picture of the supposed first announcement the other day:

Yeah saw that the other day, looks legit to me, the band booker guy tried to deny it, but his excuse was hilarious!

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:46 pm

Bearstock wrote:
patrickransom wrote:I saw someone request Bring Me The Horizon on the facebook page once :lol:

Apparently because "the new album is even better than Sepitermal (sp?) they've got to be headline worthy?"

Thankfully that was about Download.

Also a twee I think to SOnisphere or maybe Download again:

"Just heard new BMTH on Radio 1! Closing the fest please?"

:rolleyes:

How are people able to tell that the new album is better or whatever, its all terrible!

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:56 am

Warlock wrote:I disagree the headliners don't make or break the festival for me at all, I wasn't really bothered about any of the headliners this year, and there's usually a good alternative on the Sophie stage, and plenty of bands throughout the weekend to enjoy, true they don't get as long time to play but I'm usually pretty knackered half way through a headliner set anyway, unless Ive not seen much during the day.

Agree completely. For me, it's the exception rather than the rule that I like more than one of the headliners. Last year was the ONLY time where I watched them all out of four BOA attendances. It's obviously better if you like the headliners, but would I be overly bothered if all three headliners were absolute shit? Nope. As long as the overall lineup is good, I couldn't care less.

some_thing_wild
Paster of Muppets

Postby some_thing_wild » Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:39 pm

I literally dont care about bands anymore. Im going back to bloodstock because it's the most fun I have all year round.

dvl666
Consort of the Beast

Postby dvl666 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:44 pm

VizardAmata wrote:
Warlock wrote:I disagree the headliners don't make or break the festival for me at all, I wasn't really bothered about any of the headliners this year, and there's usually a good alternative on the Sophie stage, and plenty of bands throughout the weekend to enjoy, true they don't get as long time to play but I'm usually pretty knackered half way through a headliner set anyway, unless Ive not seen much during the day.

Agree completely. For me, it's the exception rather than the rule that I like more than one of the headliners. Last year was the ONLY time where I watched them all out of four BOA attendances. It's obviously better if you like the headliners, but would I be overly bothered if all three headliners were absolute shit? Nope. As long as the overall lineup is good, I couldn't care less.

Agreed, the headliners are not the makers or breakers for me either, this year is the first year i've watched all 3 in my 4 attendances to, as long as there is plenty to keep my occupied during the day that will do for me, my only slight concern is that certain bands will start to attract a certain type of person but that's another argument all together!