Rumours

August 6-9, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
mathewxentrix88
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1217
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:30 pm
Location: Essex

Re: Rumours

Postby mathewxentrix88 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:39 pm

Let's not get too excited about a possible Hirax appearance-we know Beholder are gonna get the last mainstage slot and the organizers have already booked about three bands that the forum have agreed are worth seeing-so don't expect another one!

JB65
Consort of the Beast
Posts: 427
Joined: Fri May 15, 2009 5:09 pm
Location: Your mum's bum.

Re: Rumours

Postby JB65 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:27 pm

It could go to Metallica now they are getting short of a bob or three, I bet you could get them to open the main stage one day for two and six.

mathewxentrix88
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1217
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:30 pm
Location: Essex

Re: Rumours

Postby mathewxentrix88 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:34 pm

JB65 wrote:It could go to Metallica now they are getting short of a bob or three, I bet you could get them to open the main stage one day for two and six.

Id rather have Hirax to be honest.... :yes:

User avatar
Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon
Posts: 5018
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:38 pm

Re: Rumours

Postby Gandalf the Red » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:35 pm

I couldn't give a thr'pence bit for Metallica now. :lol:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

User avatar
Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2653
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:42 pm
Location: Sheffield
Contact:

Re: Rumours

Postby Haldamir319 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:51 pm

Unannounced mystery set on Thursday night with them just playing Kill 'Em All and Ride the Lightning in full ;)
Image

mathewxentrix88
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1217
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:30 pm
Location: Essex

Re: Rumours

Postby mathewxentrix88 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:03 pm

Haldamir319 wrote:Unannounced mystery set on Thursday night with them just playing Kill 'Em All and Ride the Lightning in full ;)

"So let it be written
So let it be done
To kill the first born Pharaoh son
I'm creeping death
Ooooooo!,yeeeaaaahhhh! wooooaaaahhh! nooooo!!!!"



Nah-i'll give it a miss thanks.

User avatar
Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon
Posts: 5018
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:38 pm

Re: Rumours

Postby Gandalf the Red » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:51 pm

I'd rather have Misstalica. :P
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

JB65
Consort of the Beast
Posts: 427
Joined: Fri May 15, 2009 5:09 pm
Location: Your mum's bum.

Re: Rumours

Postby JB65 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:53 pm

Could be even worse, BOA could book them with Korn for next years headliners.

User avatar
houston4044
Denim Demon
Posts: 4330
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:58 pm

Re: Rumours

Postby houston4044 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:57 pm

If they play BOA do we get to part of the Metallica family? I want me some inheritance :P

User avatar
Warlock
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1008
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:19 am

Re: Rumours

Postby Warlock » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:06 am

Gandalf the Red wrote:That's because the contentious bands are usually big name bands so they attract a large crowd. If you picked more traditional bands of a similar size then you would also attract a large crowd. But they don't seem to want to know those bands and just book bands that appeal to the lowest common dominator. There have been quite a few bands that were deemed controversial that have played to two men and a dog. Black Dahlia Murder and Devildriver come to mind.

Unfortunately I can see them going more down the Five Finger Death Punch, Korn and Limp Bizkit route rather than the Judas Priest, Scorpions, Whitesnake, Deep Purple and Manowar side of things. I feel it was a mistake to stop booking the occasional Hard Rock orientated band as it limits the variety of bands that are available.


How are Devildriver and Black Dahlia Murder Controversial at a heavy metal festival?

User avatar
Warlock
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1008
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:19 am

Re: Rumours

Postby Warlock » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:12 am

Would much rather Venom to BLS! Hirax would be pretty sweet too

User avatar
cthulhu
Knight of the Eemerald Svord
Posts: 564
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:46 pm
Location: R'lyeh

Re: Rumours

Postby cthulhu » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:43 am

houston4044 wrote:If they play BOA do we get to part of the Metallica family? I want me some inheritance :P

Well according to an article i skimmed earlier today they've just declared they're in the red now financially (lots of big elaborate projects, not enough coming back in from them) so I imagine inheritance will be minus figures.

If i remember rightly the two attempts at "Orion Festival" and their "Through the Never" movie hit them hardest..
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

User avatar
CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1470
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:37 am
Location: Bo'ness, West Lothian

Re: Rumours

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:23 pm

Warlock wrote:
Gandalf the Red wrote:That's because the contentious bands are usually big name bands so they attract a large crowd. If you picked more traditional bands of a similar size then you would also attract a large crowd. But they don't seem to want to know those bands and just book bands that appeal to the lowest common dominator. There have been quite a few bands that were deemed controversial that have played to two men and a dog. Black Dahlia Murder and Devildriver come to mind.

Unfortunately I can see them going more down the Five Finger Death Punch, Korn and Limp Bizkit route rather than the Judas Priest, Scorpions, Whitesnake, Deep Purple and Manowar side of things. I feel it was a mistake to stop booking the occasional Hard Rock orientated band as it limits the variety of bands that are available.


How are Devildriver and Black Dahlia Murder Controversial at a heavy metal festival?


Devildriver would be damn fine!
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

User avatar
Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon
Posts: 5018
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:38 pm

Re: Rumours

Postby Gandalf the Red » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:08 pm

Warlock wrote:
Gandalf the Red wrote:That's because the contentious bands are usually big name bands so they attract a large crowd. If you picked more traditional bands of a similar size then you would also attract a large crowd. But they don't seem to want to know those bands and just book bands that appeal to the lowest common dominator. There have been quite a few bands that were deemed controversial that have played to two men and a dog. Black Dahlia Murder and Devildriver come to mind.

Unfortunately I can see them going more down the Five Finger Death Punch, Korn and Limp Bizkit route rather than the Judas Priest, Scorpions, Whitesnake, Deep Purple and Manowar side of things. I feel it was a mistake to stop booking the occasional Hard Rock orientated band as it limits the variety of bands that are available.


How are Devildriver and Black Dahlia Murder Controversial at a heavy metal festival?


Apart from being shite? :lol:

Seriously though they are far from being "Bloodstock bands". In fact this festival was the antidote to festivals that booked those sort of bands. Anyone who likes them who is over the age of 14 should stop reading Kerrang and buy a better quality magazine. I heard the Beano was pretty good. :lol:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

User avatar
ScrumpiesVeteran
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1356
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:59 am
Location: Leeds

Re: Rumours

Postby ScrumpiesVeteran » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:44 pm

Hirax were one of the highlights of Hammerfest, and even better at the Manchester gig. After waiting 30 years, I would be more than delighted to see them for a 3rd time this year !!!
ScrumpiesVeteran: "a great big bloke that smells of apples" - NOT !!!!