Rumours

August 6-9, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Re: Rumours

Postby Skippy » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:41 pm

To be honest I don't think the fact that there are more options is a BAD thing, that just highlights my issue of the people who don't even try to find something they want to watch beyond what they already know.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:43 pm

That's what I don't get. The amount of people that just sit in the campsite drinking all weekend and only go and watch two or three bands. I'm sure that one lad that camped by us last year never moved from his chair as every time one of us went back to the tents for whatever reason he was sat there.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Bearstock
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Bearstock » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:27 pm

You get people like that at all sorts of festivals though. Going for the atmosphere and other such shite.

Glastonbury sells out every year without a single thing announced ffs.

Also it's really not as simple as just lumping people on one side of the fence so to speak.

"Oh they saw Prong and Down so had no interest in Triptykon and Rotting Christ" just doesn't wash.

That's like saying that people whom are going to see Trivium and Black Label Society this year will have no interest in Sabaton or Ensiferum.

There's a vast array of different types of metal which is all easily accessible these days, so much more so than it used to be even 5-10 years ago.

Bloodstock has a mix of different bands in terms of well known and not so well known as well as a fair amount of different styles (enter lack of power rants) they're a business looking to bring in capacity numbers.

Get the younger fans in with the likes of Trivium and Within Temptation and whilst there they may well enjoy Overkill and Nuclear Assault.
http://www.last.fm/user/Jax_87
https://play.spotify.com/user/jaxmet87/playlist/4FLRE6iQmLWa3PdBII0Jl5

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:41 pm

Glastonbury has a hell of a lot more to it than just bands though. You could spend a week there without even bothering with them.

What else does BOA have? A piss poor market, shite "funfair" and mostly awful food and drink. I prefer it that way to be honest.

If you want to sit next to a tent and drink cans then I'm sure I can arrange something far cheaper than going to a festival. I'll even piss on your tent and nick your beer if you want. :P
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Bearstock
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Bearstock » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:05 pm

For sure I agree it's pointless seeming to me to go to a festival basically to camp for a weekend without seeing bands.

Just fuck off to a field for a few days and only pay petrol money makes more sense.
http://www.last.fm/user/Jax_87
https://play.spotify.com/user/jaxmet87/playlist/4FLRE6iQmLWa3PdBII0Jl5

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:43 pm

]
Gandalf the Red wrote:That's what I don't get. The amount of people that just sit in the campsite drinking all weekend and only go and watch two or three bands. I'm sure that one lad that camped by us last year never moved from his chair as every time one of us went back to the tents for whatever reason he was sat there.

One of my regular festival going friends does exactly that, whereas when I go to a festival with him I see as many bands as I can (if I don't feel lazy/knackered) he'll wake up hungover, continue drinking, see maybe 1 or 2 bands, get sepp blattered all over again and repeat the cycle.

From what I can gather it sounds like it's a mixture of atmosphere, the kind of people who attend a festival (e.g. friendly people on the whole who you can banter with) and the fact it feels like a world within a world for a few days that attracts them.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:22 pm

I'm only there to see bands. I can think of much better places to get drunk, meet people and enjoy myself than a field in the East Midlands.

Leemanruss
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Leemanruss » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:56 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:I know it's only hypothetical, but surely Flotsam And Jetsam and Megadeth should be in the latter list. I personally would also put Carcass, Obituary, Morgue Orgy and BRT in there as well.

I think my personal dislike for thrash lead me to put them in the former group. And I think the death metal is what crosses over both groups the most I think.

Metaprism's Facebook wrote:Evening all! We have a big announcement coming up early next week so check back with us soon to hear the latest from the META-Camp!
\m/etapris\m/

A genuine rumour. I have reason to believe that this is in regards to a Bloodstock announcement. I also have reason to believe Codex Alimentarius will be announced.
Atmosfest: '17 '18
BOA: '08 '09 '10 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '16 '17 '18 '19
Damnation: '11 '13 '16 '17
Download: '06
HammerFest: '09 '17
Hellfest: '17
HRH Vikings: '18
PMQF: '17 '18
Ragnarok: '18
Wacken: '17
Wacken Winter Nights: '19
Warhorns: '16 '17 '18 '19

Kanwulf
Denim Demon

Postby Kanwulf » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:05 pm

They'll be playing the Thursday. They won the Metal 2 The Masses last year and have already been added to the Wacken lineup so its pretty much a given.

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:26 am

Leemanruss wrote:
Gandalf the Red wrote:I know it's only hypothetical, but surely Flotsam And Jetsam and Megadeth should be in the latter list. I personally would also put Carcass, Obituary, Morgue Orgy and BRT in there as well.

I think my personal dislike for thrash lead me to put them in the former group. And I think the death metal is what crosses over both groups the most I think.

Metaprism's Facebook wrote:Evening all! We have a big announcement coming up early next week so check back with us soon to hear the latest from the META-Camp!
\m/etapris\m/

A genuine rumour. I have reason to believe that this is in regards to a Bloodstock announcement. I also have reason to believe Codex Alimentarius will be announced.

I agree with the thrash to be honest, don't think there's too much difference between hardcore and thrash in terms of knuckledragger fans half the time - with some exceptions of course.

I saw the Metaprism thing as well, and thought it was probably BOA, maybe we'll get a large chunk of the Thursday, including headliner. Never heard of Codex Alimentarius though, just given them a listen and they sound pretty cool....until the singing kicks in. Would rather Atlantean Kodex....
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Leemanruss

Postby Leemanruss » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:34 am

The reason I suspect Codex Alimentarius are playing Bloodstock is because they had originally entered the South West M2TM and suddenly they're not doing it and have been replaced and have no particular reason for pulling out. I feel the same way about the music, although he is a good frontman live.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:58 am

Skippy wrote:
Leemanruss wrote:

\m/etapris\m/

I agree with the thrash to be honest, don't think there's too much difference between hardcore and thrash in terms of knuckledragger fans half the time - with some exceptions of course.

But Flotsam And Jetsam are hardly an extreme metal band in any shape or form. Even to call them Thrash is very debatable. They were more seen as a US Power Metal band back in the day. Likewise Megadeth, they were never seen as a Thrash band more Speed Metal.

But they were in the first section with the mainly Groove and 'core bands whilst Bloodshot Dawn and Amon Amarth were in the second? A bit strange if you ask me.

Leemanruss

Postby Leemanruss » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:30 am

I see Bloodshot Dawn and Amon Amarth as two examples of Melodic Death Metal, with 'melodic' being the key word as to why I included them in the second section. But remember, it was all hypothetical and just a made up example to give body to a point.

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:39 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:I'm only there to see bands. I can think of much better places to get drunk, meet people and enjoy myself than a field in the East Midlands.

I couldn't have put it better myself. Sure, I enjoy the social side of things. But it's all about the bands for me. And sadly, Bloodstock hasn't really been delivering on that front in recent years.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:04 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:
But Flotsam And Jetsam are hardly an extreme metal band in any shape or form. Even to call them Thrash is very debatable. They were more seen as a US Power Metal band back in the day. Likewise Megadeth, they were never seen as a Thrash band more Speed Metal.

But they were in the first section with the mainly Groove and 'core bands whilst Bloodshot Dawn and Amon Amarth were in the second? A bit strange if you ask me.

Post When the Storm Comes F&J I would agree that the thrash label becomes a bit dubious but their first 3 albums are certainly thrash.

Thrash and Speed metal overlap to a large extent as both have common styles in the music but I would also put Megadeth in the thrash genre as many of their songs weren't all that fast when you compare them to other speed metal bands.