Rumours

August 6-9, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
houston4044
Denim Demon

Re: Rumours

Postby houston4044 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:16 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:No accounting for taste. They should be sent to Reading where shite like Tool normally play. :lol:

...What Reading festival have you been going to? :lol:

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:22 pm

houston4044 wrote:
Gandalf the Red wrote:No accounting for taste. They should be sent to Reading where shite like Tool normally play. :lol:

...What Reading festival have you been going to? :lol:

Haven't been to Reading since the 1980s and it had incredible line ups.

However Tool have played Reading since it's been a Pop festival on at least one occasion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_c60Sp7Gtc
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:28 pm

I couldn't see Tool being booked to play Reading again anytime soon :lol:

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:44 pm

You mean this Reading? It's the ideal place for them.

“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:47 pm

Exactly, considering Tool are renowned for their demands (and if I remember right they only like playing in the dark) so they'd probably demand to headline, can't see Reading giving them a headline slot; to the Reading crowd I would not imagine them being a huge draw (although probably be big day ticket shifters)

Alex.
Paster of Muppets

Postby Alex. » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:33 pm

[quote="Gandalf the Red"]You mean this Reading? It's the ideal place for them.

Image[/quote

Run The Jewels, Deadmau5, Tyler The Creator, Ghost, Refused, Mastodon, Gojira and Metallica (as a live experience, forget anything from The Black Album onwards) are far, far better than anyone playing this year's BOA with the possible exception of Agalloch, Conan, Ihsahn and possibly Godflesh. Well, for me anyway.

V-Man wrote:If I wanted to act mature why would I have stayed in education? GAWD

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:04 am

Gandalf the Red wrote:You mean this Reading? It's the ideal place for them.

Jees that looks bad

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:34 am

Alex. wrote:Run The Jewels, Deadmau5, Tyler The Creator, Ghost, Refused, Mastodon, Gojira and Metallica (as a live experience, forget anything from The Black Album onwards) are far, far better than anyone playing this year's BOA with the possible exception of Agalloch, Conan, Ihsahn and possibly Godflesh. Well, for me anyway.

I haven't heard half of those bands you're raving over there, I'll check them out tonight. However, considering I think Enslaved one of the very best bands of the last 20 years (and thus better than anyone at Reading!) and both Conan and Godflesh utter shite I'm guessing we may dance to a different beat!

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:41 am

The Reading/Leeds bill makes Download look like Hellfest!
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:06 am

Alex. wrote:
Run The Jewels, Deadmau5, Tyler The Creator, Ghost, Refused, Mastodon, Gojira and Metallica (as a live experience, forget anything from The Black Album onwards) are far, far better than anyone playing this year's BOA with the possible exception of Agalloch, Conan, Ihsahn and possibly Godflesh. Well, for me anyway.

Deadmau5 is a dance techno DJ, and Run The Jewels and Tyler The Creator are hip hop!!! Would you really rather see them than Sabaton, Belphegor, Enslaved, Death and Dark Angel??????

Each to their own, but are you sure a metal festival is the right place for you? :eyes:

Reading looks like it's usual pile of old wank - all smug indie bollocks, with hip hop, dance and punk crap thrown in, it almost makes Bloodstock look good....almost but not quite, BOA is still shit. Went to Reading once in 1997 just for the "metal" day (Metallica, Marilyn Manson, Terrorvision, Bush, loada other crap) and it was rubbish, never again.

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:12 am

I was about to say the same, hated what I've just heard of those three although I hate rap and dance anyway. Don't see how you can compare the two festivals based on those bands..?

keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Postby keera_envenomed » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:27 am

Soze wrote:I was about to say the same, hated what I've just heard of those three although I hate rap and dance anyway. Don't see how you can compare the two festivals based on those bands..?

Because it's possible to like more than one genre of music.
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:34 am

We got both kinds - Heavy and Metal. :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5B9PBq615Ac

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:25 pm

keera_envenomed wrote:
Soze wrote:I was about to say the same, hated what I've just heard of those three although I hate rap and dance anyway. Don't see how you can compare the two festivals based on those bands..?

Hell, I listen to tons of different kinds of music...rap and dance just happen to be two I particularly hate! That wasn't my point though, more that complaining that Bloodstock has a crap line up and then pointing at one with dance and rap artists as an example as one that doesn't isn't a reasonable comparison. If your idea of a great line up is one that has bands of that ilk then Bloodstock is always going to struggle to entertain you!

keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Postby keera_envenomed » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:51 pm

Soze wrote:
keera_envenomed wrote:

Hell, I listen to tons of different kinds of music...rap and dance just happen to be two I particularly hate! That wasn't my point though, more that complaining that Bloodstock has a crap line up and then pointing at one with dance and rap artists as an example as one that doesn't isn't a reasonable comparison. If your idea of a great line up is one that has bands of that ilk then Bloodstock is always going to struggle to entertain you!

How is it not a reasonable comparison? If a festival books good rap and dance artists then it makes it a good festival same as if a metal festival booked good metal bands!
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock