Rumours

August 6-9, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Re: Rumours

Postby Gandalf the Red » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:54 pm

houston4044 wrote:Just wondering if the lack of UK tour dates (apart from one off's) for Lawnmower Deth and Godflesh is because their doing BOA

I don't know about Godflesh, but Lawnmower Deth have to work around other commitments such as work, family and other bands. They really are only doing it for fun now. They are much more likely to play if it's a charity gig though.

Next date - Camden Underworld, London 13 December with Evil Scarecrow, Savage Messiah and Bull Riff Stampede.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lawnmowe ... e_internal
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:37 am

houston4044 wrote:
Warlock wrote:Haha yeah! That would be awsome :yes: hope it wouldn't be an Alt-Fest though!

Im telling ya 100k for Manson is totally worth it..

Haha yeah, paid upfront of course!

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:45 am

Warlock wrote:
houston4044 wrote:
Warlock wrote:Haha yeah! That would be awsome :yes: hope it wouldn't be an Alt-Fest though!

Im telling ya 100k for Manson is totally worth it..

Haha yeah, paid upfront of course!

We're going to have to raise a lot of money beforehand, can we start a kickstarter fund or something?

Gandalf the Red wrote:
houston4044 wrote:Just wondering if the lack of UK tour dates (apart from one off's) for Lawnmower Deth and Godflesh is because their doing BOA

I don't know about Godflesh, but Lawnmower Deth have to work around other commitments such as work, family and other bands. They really are only doing it for fun now. They are much more likely to play if it's a charity gig though.

Next date - Camden Underworld, London 13 December with Evil Scarecrow, Savage Messiah and Bull Riff Stampede.

I knew they were playing Camden, but was wondering if a one off festival slot (like they did at DL this year) would interest them? Personally Godflesh and Lawnmower Deth would make good Sophie stage headliners opposite Zombie and WT (assuming they have clashing headliners now)

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:52 am

Haha yeah great idea! Thrash til Death festival :yes:

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:58 am

Warlock wrote:Haha yeah great idea! Thrash til Death festival :yes:

Maryiln Manson totally fits in with that, you can be in charge of PR

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:01 am

Gandalf the Red wrote:

Oh damn, I missed that! Might do that instead of Morbid Angel.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:05 am

VizardAmata wrote:
Gandalf the Red wrote:

Morbid Angel is the night before if you're referring to the London date

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:20 am

houston4044 wrote:

Hey I thought it was meant to be a Death and Thrash Metal thing! :p obviously not Manson for that! :lol:

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:22 am

VizardAmata wrote:
Gandalf the Red wrote:

No way I'd miss Morbid Angel for them each to their own, spose the new Morbid Angel album was rubbish, but hopefully they won't play much off that! Plus Covenant in full!

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:28 am

Warlock wrote:
houston4044 wrote:

Hey I thought it was meant to be a Death and Thrash Metal thing! :p obviously not Manson for that! :lol:

I've always liked the idea of a festival where all the bands on the bill play a covers set of another bands material, like book Manson to cover Exodus and vice versa. It'd suck and sell terribly but I just like the novelty of it :lol:

I wonder how well a dedicated one day thrash fest would be, like 4/5 bands in the KOKO or something; headline bands would dry up quickly after a few years but a line up like

1 Testament or Anthrax
2 Sodom or Exodus
3 Evile or Annhilator
4 Destruction or Tankard
5 Savage Messiah or Gama Bomb

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:35 am

Lol can't say I've really ever thought about that! :lol:
And a thrash fest would probably only work as a day thing like British Summer Time or something like Summer Slaughter etc. Would happily take every band on that list! swap Destruction and Evile potential slots around for size I reckon

Bearstock
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Bearstock » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:43 pm

Trouble is if you had a Thrash Fest you'd get people looking at the name and then slating the line up for not including Metallica and Slayer despite obvious reasons as to why not.
http://www.last.fm/user/Jax_87
https://play.spotify.com/user/jaxmet87/playlist/4FLRE6iQmLWa3PdBII0Jl5

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:16 pm

Bearstock wrote:Trouble is if you had a Thrash Fest you'd get people looking at the name and then slating the line up for not including Metallica and Slayer despite obvious reasons as to why not.

Hmm really? Thrash fans surely know there are other great bands out there! Besides Metallica aren't even thrash any more! Those people can get stuffed! :lol:

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:26 pm

Erm. It's not 1987 anymore. :P

The only time anyone tried a major Thrash festival in this country it was that Leeds Christmas On Earth thing. The less said about that the better.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:11 pm

Haha cheerful as always! Thought you liked Thrash Metal!?