Rumours

August 6-9, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
houston4044
Denim Demon

Re: Rumours

Postby houston4044 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:15 pm

Soze wrote:A one day thrash fest would easily work. The thing in 2003 that had Testament, Nuclear Assault and Death Angel (as well as a sprinkling of black and death metal bands...I think Amon Amarth and Marduk were on the bill as well?) would easily sell out a 2-4,000 venue in London. But an actual festival would struggle without booking the real big names.

I would argue it'd be safer and better in the long term to keep it in a venue around 1-1,500 to be honest; if you put it on in Brixton you would run out of headline bands too quickly. Megadeth and Slayer can already play Brixton without the need of this fest so you'd have to throw a lot of money at them to convince them to play at the fest and not as their own show. Other than that your left with Kreator, Anthrax and Metallica (if they want to specifically play the fest but you can't rely on that).

If you kept the fest smaller you increase the pool of headliners: Testament, Exodus, Anthrax, Overkill, Kreator, Coroner (if they get themselves together), Voivod and a reuinited Sabbat. So keeping it smaller would be more viable in the long term I'd think.

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:25 am

Yeah I was thinking a smaller thing, with the largest bands the likes of kreator and Anthrax etc. Anyway it could fluctuate slightly with size, and sometimes put a rarer small headliner on with maybe a stronger undercard :yes:

Soze
Denim Demon

Postby Soze » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:27 am

I'd certainly be up for that...Anthrax are possibly too big as well mind now that Belladonna is back.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:08 pm

To kickstarter! I'll have to think of a name though, one that shows i'm different from other festivals, says more for the fans by the fans. How about Alternative Festival? Or Alt-Fest for short?

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:20 pm

Warlock wrote:
VizardAmata wrote:
Gandalf the Red wrote:
I don't know about Godflesh, but Lawnmower Deth have to work around other commitments such as work, family and other bands. They really are only doing it for fun now. They are much more likely to play if it's a charity gig though.

Next date - Camden Underworld, London 13 December with Evil Scarecrow, Savage Messiah and Bull Riff Stampede.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lawnmowe ... e_internal

Oh damn, I missed that! Might do that instead of Morbid Angel.

No way I'd miss Morbid Angel for them each to their own, spose the new Morbid Angel album was rubbish, but hopefully they won't play much off that! Plus Covenant in full!

Yeah I don't know if I will. I've never seen Morbid Angel and I do really want to go. It's just the idea of Lawnmower Deth and Evil Scarecrow at the same show! I can't afford both.

I probably will end up seeing MA, I have seen Scarecrow twice now. (Never seen Deth though :()

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:35 pm

Ah decisions decisions, I kinda have that with Kreator and At The Gates! Really don't understand all the love for Evil Scarecrow, am I missing something? :lol: Morbid Angel should be amazing can't wait!

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:12 am

Warlock wrote:Ah decisions decisions, I kinda have that with Kreator and At The Gates! Really don't understand all the love for Evil Scarecrow, am I missing something? :lol: Morbid Angel should be amazing can't wait!

Evil Scarecrow are a bit of fun. But to me it seems most people only want that fun at a festival....
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:04 pm

VizardAmata wrote:
Yeah I don't know if I will. I've never seen Morbid Angel and I do really want to go. It's just the idea of Lawnmower Deth and Evil Scarecrow at the same show! I can't afford both.

I probably will end up seeing MA, I have seen Scarecrow twice now. (Never seen Deth though :()

I'm in a similar position to you, I have tickets to the Saxon London date on the same night but also want to go see Lawnmower Deth (that line up is awesome!) but I can't make my mind up :/ I've already got my tickets to MA though, that classic album in full is going to be amazing! :yes:

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:52 pm

I've heard a new one about a Black Metal band beginning with B headlining the Friday. If so it'll be another repeat.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:25 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:I've heard a new one about a Black Metal band beginning with B headlining the Friday. If so it'll be another repeat.

Behemoth? Thought they were supposed to be death metal these days. That would be disappointing if true, they only played 2 years ago...
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 pm

Behemoth would be a fantastically bad booking, not just for my personal tastes, but for the festival as a whole.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

fluffkitten
Paster of Muppets

Postby fluffkitten » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:21 pm

Skippy wrote:
Gandalf the Red wrote:I've heard a new one about a Black Metal band beginning with B headlining the Friday. If so it'll be another repeat.

Behemoth? Thought they were supposed to be death metal these days. That would be disappointing if true, they only played 2 years ago...

I hope not. Be a disappointing booking.
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings :coffee:

Kanwulf
Denim Demon

Postby Kanwulf » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:26 pm

Behemoth is another band I've kind of gone off. The Satanist was a very average album and there is so much fanboyism about them that it kind of just makes me switch off. That said, I do like their early early stuff a lot still!

BLAKEYBLOKIZARD
Powermetal Child

Postby BLAKEYBLOKIZARD » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:18 pm

So that means I might have seen their Satanist setlist 3 times by August next year....yipee.
Blake_Porter wrote:Behemoth is another band I've kind of gone off. The Satanist was a very average album and there is so much fanboyism about them that it kind of just makes me switch off. That said, I do like their early early stuff a lot still!

I totally agree about the album. It was released with a lot of hype, but it felt like a little bit of a sell out. Some of the tracks sound really poppy.

With everything said though, I wouldn't mind them headlining if it meant we didn't have to have someone like Hatebreed or machine head headlining.
What's this? BlakeyBloke is evolving! BlakeyBloke evolved into BLAKEYBLOKIZARD!
Blakeyblokizard used SELF PROMOTION!
https://slothuk.bandcamp.com/releases
Sloth. [Doom metal]
It wasn't very effective...

Kanwulf
Denim Demon

Postby Kanwulf » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:41 pm

I think the only song on the latest album I really enjoyed and have ever revisited was Ora Pro whatever its called lol. It was almost like a return to Zos Kia Cultos.