Rumours

August 6-9, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
User avatar
Warlock
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1008
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:19 am

Re: Rumours

Postby Warlock » Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:39 am

Yeah I was actually thinking the other day maybe Gandalf's source got it confused with Belphegor, but then seemed to be quite specific about it being a headliner

User avatar
Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon
Posts: 5016
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:38 pm

Re: Rumours

Postby Gandalf the Red » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:55 am

It was definitely Behemoth that was getting talked about. But it is after all only a rumour so I wouldn't be running down to Ladbrokes just yet. :P
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

User avatar
Warlock
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1008
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:19 am

Re: Rumours

Postby Warlock » Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:32 am

Ah ok then, still hoping its something else but wouldn't mind really, been a long time since I saw them last

User avatar
cthulhu
Knight of the Eemerald Svord
Posts: 564
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:46 pm
Location: R'lyeh

Re: Rumours

Postby cthulhu » Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:30 am

I'd be happy to see Behemoth again to be honest, enjoyed their last BoA set and frankly i'd appreciate a headliner this year i actually own a few albums from...I'd be surprised if BoA were THAT lazy with their bookings though.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

User avatar
Kanwulf
Denim Demon
Posts: 3284
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:00 pm
Location: The Pagan Vastlands
Contact:

Re: Rumours

Postby Kanwulf » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:51 am

My issue with Deicide being booked is them pulling out. I know that the chances are they wont pull out again. But in the off chance they did, we would end up with some shit tier second rate band instead.
Image

User avatar
houston4044
Denim Demon
Posts: 4330
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:58 pm

Re: Rumours

Postby houston4044 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:57 am

cthulhu wrote:I'd be happy to see Behemoth again to be honest, enjoyed their last BoA set and frankly i'd appreciate a headliner this year i actually own a few albums from...I'd be surprised if BoA were THAT lazy with their bookings though.


After Dimmu Borgir this year i wouldn't hold your breath

User avatar
Kanwulf
Denim Demon
Posts: 3284
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:00 pm
Location: The Pagan Vastlands
Contact:

Re: Rumours

Postby Kanwulf » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:25 am

Other than the obvious "technical bullshit" what was wrong with Dimmu?
Image

User avatar
Beardy
I am the Law!
Posts: 12668
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:52 pm
Location: Over the hills and far away

Re: Rumours

Postby Beardy » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:04 pm

Apart from the fact that they haven't released anything worth listening to for about 10 years you mean? :eyes:

User avatar
Kanwulf
Denim Demon
Posts: 3284
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:00 pm
Location: The Pagan Vastlands
Contact:

Re: Rumours

Postby Kanwulf » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:44 pm

Lol really like In Sorte Diaboli. And I really loved Abrahadabrs then realised it was kinda shit.
Image

User avatar
Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2290
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 7:12 pm
Location: Somewhere crap

Re: Rumours

Postby Skippy » Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:13 pm

Blake_Porter wrote:Other than the obvious "technical bullshit" what was wrong with Dimmu?

I think he meant the fact that they'd played two years previously, which is far too soon considering how high a slot they command. Behemoth would at least be three years, although for a headliner I'd rather a lot longer.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

User avatar
Beardy
I am the Law!
Posts: 12668
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:52 pm
Location: Over the hills and far away

Re: Rumours

Postby Beardy » Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:16 pm

Blake_Porter wrote:Lol really like In Sorte Diaboli. And I really loved Abrahadabrs then realised it was kinda shit.

Last album of their I truly enjoyed was Puritanical. Death Cult had some decent songs but also a lot of shite, which kind of set the tone for everything of theirs that followed...

bloodfiend
Denim Demon
Posts: 3326
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:30 pm

Re: Rumours

Postby bloodfiend » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:25 pm

The last Dimmu album I liked was Enthrone Darkness Triumphant, they've been shite ever since they got that twat Simen Hastnaes warling all over the place, found the London Philamonic Orchestra in every song, and forgot how to write songs thar are any good.

User avatar
houston4044
Denim Demon
Posts: 4330
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:58 pm

Re: Rumours

Postby houston4044 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:14 pm

Skippy wrote:
Blake_Porter wrote:Other than the obvious "technical bullshit" what was wrong with Dimmu?

I think he meant the fact that they'd played two years previously, which is far too soon considering how high a slot they command. Behemoth would at least be three years, although for a headliner I'd rather a lot longer.


Thank you

User avatar
Kanwulf
Denim Demon
Posts: 3284
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:00 pm
Location: The Pagan Vastlands
Contact:

Re: Rumours

Postby Kanwulf » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:12 pm

Ah right. Yeah that's a fair point.
Image

User avatar
Tet
Denim Demon
Posts: 8833
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:09 pm
Location: Harrow
Contact:

Re: Rumours

Postby Tet » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:42 pm

Beardy wrote:Last album of their I truly enjoyed was Puritanical. Death Cult had some decent songs but also a lot of shite, which kind of set the tone for everything of theirs that followed...

I kind of agree. PEM was a masterpeice. I liked DCA, but it wasn't quite up to the same standard. I do think that Abrahadabra was a welcome return to form, though after the pile of shit that was ISD.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...