Rumours

August 6-9, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Chugging Pus
Paster of Muppets

Re: Rumours

Postby Chugging Pus » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:02 pm

Unfortunately I'd say My Dying Bride would be main stage as they are probably a little too big for Sophie. Which is a shame as they would be stunning headlining the Sophie stage.

Bloodbath I'd say are fairly likely, probably playing about the same place they did last time.
"What we're having here is a secret conversation, and I'm hoping that this time, you can keep the fucking secret, because normally you're about as secure as a hymen in a South London comprehensive."

euantehclansman
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby euantehclansman » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:49 pm

houston4044 wrote:I don't know if i'd prefer to see tony martin perform the tyr album in full or the band of the same name...

still, i've had quite a few good announcements so far, suppose i should brace myself for a duff one :lol:

I'd easily rather see Tony Martin, seen Tyr 3 times and each time they've bored me shitless. Even their studio output does it to me, bar whatever that album is called that has Hold the Heathen Hammer High.

pandimensionalsuffering.bandcamp.com

Kanwulf
Denim Demon

Postby Kanwulf » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:24 am

By the sword of my father

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:57 am

According to someone on the download forums who spoke to a band member, Delain are doind a big and a smaller festival next year.

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:32 am

Skippy wrote:I'd love My Dying Bride, missed my one chance to see them, and would really love to. Yeah, I'd say 4th from top is about right.

Bloodbath, I really hope not. Another 2010 band, another death metal band, and they aren't anything special. I would not be shocked to see it happen though.

Come on there's only 2/3 Death Metal bands so far!

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:52 pm

Warlock wrote:
Skippy wrote:I'd love My Dying Bride, missed my one chance to see them, and would really love to. Yeah, I'd say 4th from top is about right.

Bloodbath, I really hope not. Another 2010 band, another death metal band, and they aren't anything special. I would not be shocked to see it happen though.

After the numbers we had this year, that's enough!

To be honest its more that they played fairly recently (with many bands from that year booked already), would take up a pretty high slot, and aren't really that good. Would rather someone a bit different.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

cthulhu
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby cthulhu » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:28 pm

Apparently the band who told me they're doing bloodstock are telling people they aren't now? Not sure what the hell's going on there now. My apologies if that one doesn't bare any fruit now i only know what i was told and that was by them that they were.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Chugging Pus
Paster of Muppets

Postby Chugging Pus » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:43 pm

As I pointed out in another thread, could quite possibly be they are now denying because it's online and it breaches contracts etc...
"What we're having here is a secret conversation, and I'm hoping that this time, you can keep the fucking secret, because normally you're about as secure as a hymen in a South London comprehensive."

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:05 am

Skippy wrote:
Warlock wrote:

After the numbers we had this year, that's enough!

To be honest its more that they played fairly recently (with many bands from that year booked already), would take up a pretty high slot, and aren't really that good. Would rather someone a bit different.

Haha yeah maybe but I'm happy with plenty of Death Metal :rock: next year shouldn't have to suffer! There wasn't that much this year anyway

Beardy
I am the Law!

Postby Beardy » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:09 pm

The review of Bloodbath's new album in Zero Tolerance says they've been booked for Bloodstock...

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:14 pm

“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Beardy
I am the Law!

Postby Beardy » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:21 pm

Aye, I do like them but I'd prefer one of the original Swedish Death Metal bands over them instead. Unleashed were on particularly great form in Eindhoven last weekend, they were so good in fact they they even managed to overshadow Morbid Angel's "Covenant" set that followed straight after them! Dragged out "If They Had Eyes" from their first album too, which was a nice surprise - Johnny said he thinks it's only about the 3rd or 4th time they've ever played it!

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:00 pm

Yay! Its inevitable anyway. Unleashed ay? Haven't heard them, I'll have to check them out, not much could of beat the Morbid Angel show I saw, it was amazing!

Kanwulf
Denim Demon

Postby Kanwulf » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:52 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:Image

Don't you dare bad mouth anything to do with Nick Holmes :x

:P

Beardy
I am the Law!

Postby Beardy » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:59 pm

I'm assuming that you've never heard Host, Believe In Nothing and Symbol Of Life then :-P