Rumours

August 6-9, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Bearstock
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Re: Rumours

Postby Bearstock » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:22 pm

keera_envenomed wrote:
Soze wrote:
Hell, I listen to tons of different kinds of music...rap and dance just happen to be two I particularly hate! That wasn't my point though, more that complaining that Bloodstock has a crap line up and then pointing at one with dance and rap artists as an example as one that doesn't isn't a reasonable comparison. If your idea of a great line up is one that has bands of that ilk then Bloodstock is always going to struggle to entertain you!

How is it not a reasonable comparison? If a festival books good rap and dance artists then it makes it a good festival same as if a metal festival booked good metal bands!

I think the point he's getting at is look at how different people have different opinions of say Megadeth at Bloodstock last year?

In theory most of those are gonna be fans of metal yet they're opinions of the same thing differ.

It's very hard to accurately compare a totally different genre to another.
http://www.last.fm/user/Jax_87
https://play.spotify.com/user/jaxmet87/playlist/4FLRE6iQmLWa3PdBII0Jl5

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:43 pm

Really depends on your personal tastes, if you have a diverse taste in music then several festivals may interest you. Just depends on which line up has the best quality/quantity band ratio and whether you like the atmosphere.

Bearstock
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Bearstock » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:56 pm

The atmosphere thing for sure.

Again though that is subject to personal taste.

I love Bloodstocks atmosphere seemingly a general mix of fairly chilled and friendly with plenty of randomly amusing occurrences.

Kanwulf
Denim Demon

Postby Kanwulf » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:06 pm

Soze wrote:
keera_envenomed wrote:
Soze wrote:I was about to say the same, hated what I've just heard of those three although I hate rap and dance anyway. Don't see how you can compare the two festivals based on those bands..?

Because it's possible to like more than one genre of music.

Hell, I listen to tons of different kinds of music...rap and dance just happen to be two I particularly hate! That wasn't my point though, more that complaining that Bloodstock has a crap line up and then pointing at one with dance and rap artists as an example as one that doesn't isn't a reasonable comparison. If your idea of a great line up is one that has bands of that ilk then Bloodstock is always going to struggle to entertain you!

I like some rap and dance but deadmau5, Tyler the creator and that other one mentioned are a bag of wank.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:25 pm

You see I go to Bloodstock for Heavy Metal. If the main priority was a good atmosphere, good beer, friendly people and other such things then I would go to Cropredy or something similar instead.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Bearstock
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Bearstock » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:37 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:You see I go to Bloodstock for Heavy Metal. If the main priority was a good atmosphere, good beer, friendly people and other such things then I would go to Cropredy or something similar instead.

Don't get me wrong, the musical style is all important.

The atmosphere, facilities, layout etc all add to it though.

It's the music that justifies the expense, it's everything else combined that makes me hope the music suits my tastes.

cthulhu
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby cthulhu » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:49 pm

Bearstock wrote:

It's the music that justifies the expense, it's everything else combined that makes me hope the music suits my tastes.

Well put, i agree.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:22 pm

Bearstock wrote:
Gandalf the Red wrote:You see I go to Bloodstock for Heavy Metal. If the main priority was a good atmosphere, good beer, friendly people and other such things then I would go to Cropredy or something similar instead.

Sums up the way I view a festival.

Plenty of times i've been tempted to get day tickets or go to various one day festivals but the quality of music on offer doesn't outweigh the pitfalls elsewhere.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:01 am

Trouble playing Liverpool on the Tuesday?
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:37 pm

Combichrist are touring around the UK just after BOA weekend, don't think there is any space on the bill left for them though :(