Vickie on the Jasta Show

August 6-9, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Re: Vickie on the Jasta Show

Postby Gandalf the Red » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:09 pm

:lol:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

strangeasangels
Denim Demon

Postby strangeasangels » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:49 pm

Wearing a t-shirt of a band you're going to see is a devastating faux-pas.

For some reason, this is more laxly enforced at a Motorhead gig.

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:12 pm

strangeasangels wrote:Wearing a t-shirt of a band you're going to see is a devastating faux-pas.

For some reason, this is more laxly enforced at a Motorhead gig.

This is a rule I often adhere to but entirely disagree with. However I love a band enough I will usually suck it up and take the shame. Metallica, Emperor, Celtic Frost...
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:43 am

I still don't understand why you wouldn't wear a t-shirt of a band you're going to see. Y'know offer your support and all that.
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

euantehclansman
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby euantehclansman » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:51 am

Try that up in Glasgow. Go to a Celtic game with a Rangers top on. See how that works out ;)

pandimensionalsuffering.bandcamp.com

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:57 am

euantehclansman wrote:Try that up in Glasgow. Go to a Celtic game with a Rangers top on. See how that works out ;)

Bit of an extreme example. Nearly as bad as going to an Iron Maiden gig without an Iron Maiden T shirt and Eddie tattoo. :P
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

dexter123
Consort of the Beast

Postby dexter123 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:01 pm

Davros wrote:What a surprise. Kids wearing t shirts of bands that are relavent to their generation! Who cares? Isn't the important thing that they're at Bloodstock and not Download? And that they're learning about older music?

this was pretty much the point i was trying to make, what does it matter. and who gives a shit if they're there to see hatebreed, so what if its the only band the really know on the bill - have you spoken to ALL of them?

and to clear things up, i didn't list the band god forbid, i meant it as in god forbid that should happen...learn to read!!

i'll continue to go to the festival and enjoy myself, you lot can whinge and moan as much as you like about who does what and what goes where and what little box things need to go in, i'm just happy there's a nice festival to go to with some great music that caters to mine and a couple of mates tastes and i can get away for a few days and get caught up in it for a while.

Bisset
Denim Demon

Postby Bisset » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:11 pm

euantehclansman wrote:Try that up in Glasgow. Go to a Celtic game with a Rangers top on. See how that works out ;)

While I understand what you're saying it doesn't really work in the context of a gig; it's not like if I go to an In Flames gig wearing a Nightwish shirt I'm going to get bottled by a knuckle dragging bigot.

Actually...
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

euantehclansman
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby euantehclansman » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:13 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:

Bit of an extreme example. Nearly as bad as going to an Iron Maiden gig without an Iron Maiden T shirt and Eddie tattoo. :P

Oh it is a bit, but I never understood this bollocks. First folk I heard talking about this supposed "faux pas" were yanks

pandimensionalsuffering.bandcamp.com

Blake_Porter
Denim Demon

Postby Blake_Porter » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:15 pm

Why would you wanna go anywhere near that shithole ;)

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:37 pm

I've never wore a football shirt to a match. :lol:

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:55 pm

strangeasangels wrote:Wearing a t-shirt of a band you're going to see is a devastating faux-pas

My ex used to believe that. I never understood it myself.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Laichzeit
Warrior of Metal

Postby Laichzeit » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:04 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:I've never wore a football shirt to a match. :lol:

Probably because there wasn't that kind of merchandise kicking about back in your day. ;)

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:20 pm

Laichzeit wrote:
Gandalf the Red wrote:I've never wore a football shirt to a match. :lol:

Probably because there wasn't that kind of merchandise kicking about back in your day. ;)

That's probably pretty true. You very rarely saw adults wearing football tops. Kids yes. Scarves and hats were still in. :lol:

Beardy
I am the Law!

Postby Beardy » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:07 pm

Bisset wrote:I still don't understand why you wouldn't wear a t-shirt of a band you're going to see. Y'know offer your support and all that.

Because, y'know, actually going to see the band isn't showing them your support? :P :lol: