Vickie on the Jasta Show

August 6-9, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Bisset
Denim Demon

Re: Vickie on the Jasta Show

Postby Bisset » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:17 pm

Beardy wrote:
Bisset wrote:I still don't understand why you wouldn't wear a t-shirt of a band you're going to see. Y'know offer your support and all that.

Because, y'know, actually going to see the band isn't showing them your support? :P :lol:

Nope, you have to be a complete sell out as well :P
http://www.facebook.com/farseermetal

Jobdone wrote:Currently jealous of my mate whose got tomorrow off and can just hammer it for 3 days straight.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:32 pm

Yes. But what if the band is a pile of shite that night. Then you have to walk around with an awful bands T shirt on. :P
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:50 pm

dexter123 wrote:
Davros wrote:What a surprise. Kids wearing t shirts of bands that are relavent to their generation! Who cares? Isn't the important thing that they're at Bloodstock and not Download? And that they're learning about older music?

this was pretty much the point i was trying to make, what does it matter. and who gives a shit if they're there to see hatebreed, so what if its the only band the really know on the bill - have you spoken to ALL of them?

and to clear things up, i didn't list the band god forbid, i meant it as in god forbid that should happen...learn to read!!

i'll continue to go to the festival and enjoy myself, you lot can whinge and moan as much as you like about who does what and what goes where and what little box things need to go in, i'm just happy there's a nice festival to go to with some great music that caters to mine and a couple of mates tastes and i can get away for a few days and get caught up in it for a while.

Aww, getting worked up over a joke :lol: most worthwhile points have already been said and ignored by this point, but I'll just say that a big source of distaste is the uneccessary disrespect to the forum users, dissmissive attitude of being referred to as elitists by the facebook page, and them publicly posting a podcast which contained the quote "anyone who doesn't like machine head should just fuck off somewhere else!" which is pretty shite considering a fair amount of the people who helped the festival get to where it is now won't like machine head.
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

euantehclansman
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby euantehclansman » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:05 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:Yes. But what if the band is a pile of shite that night. Then you have to walk around with an awful bands T shirt on. :P

The band whose shirt you choose to wear instead could be coming to town soon. A bunch of people ask about your shirt, you tell em to come check the gig out. THAT gig turns out shite, then you've got pissed of folk after you :lol:

pandimensionalsuffering.bandcamp.com

Beardy
I am the Law!

Postby Beardy » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:12 pm

I've always got pissed off folk after me anyway so fuck it :lol:

Bearstock
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Bearstock » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:56 pm

I don't understand why some people think that way regarding band T shirts.

It's surely the ideal time to wear a specific one is at that bands gigs?

It's almost as bad as every Summer when new football shirts are revealed and there's a handful who suggest that anyone over the school leaving age shouldn't wear a replica shirt anyway before getting into a discussion about who dresses the "most stylish"

I have loads of different band shirts and if am going to see a band I have a t shirt for will wear one of their t shirts, I'll also wear football shirst to the football.

Guess I'm just a saddo though :D
http://www.last.fm/user/Jax_87
https://play.spotify.com/user/jaxmet87/playlist/4FLRE6iQmLWa3PdBII0Jl5

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:34 am

I've no problem with people wearing football shirts if you want to wear one. But anyone over the age of about 20 with their favourite player's name and number on the back needs to take a good look at themselves. Especially if you are a middle aged fat bloke. :lol:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Blake_Porter
Denim Demon

Postby Blake_Porter » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:22 am

I have my name and 18 (born on 18th May) on the back of my Fulham shirt. I am also 21 years old.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:05 am

Blake_Porter wrote:I have my name and 18 (born on 18th May) on the back of my Fulham shirt. I am also 21 years old.

That's fine. It's your name. You're not a fifty five year old fat bloke thinking he's Wayne Rooney. :lol:

Blake_Porter
Denim Demon

Postby Blake_Porter » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:59 am

They're only half wrong :P

MetalBeast
Denim Demon

Postby MetalBeast » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:43 pm

If the UK (or what's left of it after Thursday) gets to host the World Cup again, I might get an England shirt with Lynam or Motson on the back.
All right, so I MADE a mistake! ONE MISTAKE!
Can't a man start over?! Do I have to keep on PAYING?! HUH?!
Maybe I should make another mistake! ...maybe TWO more!

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:31 pm

Back on topic, just like to remind people part of the reason hatebreed get a decent crowd is that both times they play there's literally no other bands clashing for more than a few minutes, a luxury most bands playing don't have.
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

cthulhu
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby cthulhu » Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:57 pm

Danroush wrote:Back on topic, just like to remind people part of the reason hatebreed get a decent crowd is that both times they play there's literally no other bands clashing for more than a few minutes, a luxury most bands playing don't have.

Are you sure about that? I don't remember exactly where I was whilst they were playing but I would have thought I'd be watching SOMETHING given the length of their set.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:00 pm

cthulhu wrote:
Danroush wrote:Back on topic, just like to remind people part of the reason hatebreed get a decent crowd is that both times they play there's literally no other bands clashing for more than a few minutes, a luxury most bands playing don't have.

Are you sure about that? I don't remember exactly where I was whilst they were playing but I would have thought I'd be watching SOMETHING given the length of their set.

First year definitely, I remember watching Witchsorrow, who only clashed with 5 minutes worth of their set, then nothing for a long while until maybe another 5 minute clash on the Sophie stage. There was a New Blood band who clashed with them for half an hour, but they were terrible.

This year this wasn't the case, Winterfylleth clashed with most of their set. I didn't see the crowd for Hatebreed, but judging from the ammount of people watching Winterfylleth, they can't have had anywhere near as big a crowd as the last time.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Bearstock
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Bearstock » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:08 pm

Blake_Porter wrote:I have my name and 18 (born on 18th May) on the back of my Fulham shirt. I am also 21 years old.

It's a Fulham shirt though, it supposed to look bad :P
http://www.last.fm/user/Jax_87
https://play.spotify.com/user/jaxmet87/playlist/4FLRE6iQmLWa3PdBII0Jl5