Sophie stage headliners

August 6-9, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Kanwulf
Denim Demon

Re: Sophie stage headliners

Postby Kanwulf » Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:28 pm

kanet666 wrote:Mayhem were garbage when they played the other year, I'd rather the slot was used for a band that are good live.

Incorrect. Mayhem were sick at Bloodstock

Beardy
I am the Law!

Postby Beardy » Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:38 pm

Blake_Porter wrote:
kanet666 wrote:Mayhem were garbage when they played the other year, I'd rather the slot was used for a band that are good live.

Odd way to spell "shit" :-P

keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Postby keera_envenomed » Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:52 pm

Beardy wrote:
Blake_Porter wrote:

Odd way to spell "shit" :-P

That now makes one person who had something good to say about Mayhem that year!
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

Chugging Pus
Paster of Muppets

Postby Chugging Pus » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:50 pm

I didn't think they were that great live at BOA, but I certainly don't think they were worth all the slagging off they got either. I put it down to how terrible black metal generally sounds on that stage (Gorgoroth, Dark Funeral and 1349 also suffered over the years I thought) rather than the band themselves.
"What we're having here is a secret conversation, and I'm hoping that this time, you can keep the fucking secret, because normally you're about as secure as a hymen in a South London comprehensive."

mathewxentrix88
Leather Rebel

Postby mathewxentrix88 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:54 pm

Friday-Asphyx,Saturday-Tankard,Sunday-Powerwolf.
It really is that simple. :yes:

cthulhu
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby cthulhu » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:11 pm

someone else wrote:WT brought their gas powered flame things to the tent when they played Download, and Hell set off loads of stuff in the tiny Darwin Suite in the Assembly Rooms. Having a trained crew reduces the risk significantly - lots of pyro burns very fast and is not sustained, and the backdrops and tents should be fire retardant to stop short flames from igniting it.

The local fire brigade did serve notice on Green Day after they set fire to their backdrop at Leeds fest, after they ignited their guitars using lighter fluid and started flinging them round. The officer who did it seemed pleased a punch when he told the story.

I didn't actually say they COULDN'T do it I was merely pointing out why they haven't got it already really and why they probably won't bother in future.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

mathewxentrix88
Leather Rebel

Postby mathewxentrix88 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:27 pm

mathewxentrix88 wrote:Friday-Asphyx,Saturday-Tankard,Sunday-Powerwolf.
It really is that simple. :yes:

Ha ha!.Literally an hour and a half after i posted that i see that Asphyx are doing an EXCLUSIVE London show in April.So not as simple as i thought!
Swap them with Hail Of Bullets on the Friday then i reckon :yes:

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:32 pm

dexter123 wrote:i reckon - whatever the reasons good or bad - the sophie headliner should be on after the mainstage headliner, it doesn't take anything away. watching satan after megadunce this year was great!! and a nice wee surprise if i'm honest

I think there's issues with licencing of live music after 11pm (bloodstock is near a small village) and the only reason they did it this year was because Dave kicked up a hissy and at that point they had no choice

Gandalf the Red wrote:
BLAKEYBLOKIZARD wrote:
Gandalf the Red wrote:All costs money though.

Ticket prices go up every year so this should not be a problem. I thought it was strange that they turned the New blood stage into a circus tent before upgrading the Sophie stage considering how packed it can get for anyone popular. Remember Evil Scarecrow last year? You couldn't even get inside...

Ticket prices go up because of inflation and normal costs going up. If you want better infrastructure* then you'll see a huge price increase on top of the normal increase. So expect your tickets to rise by something like £50 or £60. Which puts it in the Download and Sonisphere price bracket.

People are also asking for bigger bands in the tent as well. Unfortunately for the festival organisers, unlike unsigned bands, they don't play for free.

*A bigger stage either inside or out of a tent would also involve bigger PA and sound equipment, lighting, etc. As well as an increase in staff and security.

Inflation has been 2-3% the last couple of years, bloodstock ticket prices tend to go up by about double, or some years even triple that.
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:00 am

One other way to increase Bloodstock's spending power is to increase their profit from sponsor's/suppliers; which they could seem to be doing now* . Booking bigger more commercial bands that court more attention than your traditional power/folk bands increasing the profile of the fest, they could charge vendors a little more if they can state next year looks really popular (although ticket sales would need to reflect this) and has more media attention; add in soni may not happen next year and Alt-fest won't, plus Download did really badly last year and vendors lost money on that, vendors will see Bloodstock as a good opportunity and may pay more for a pitch.

* I don't know as I don't have inside information

Bearstock
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Bearstock » Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:37 pm

No idea if any are feasible or what their touring schedules are etc but would be happy with, Hail Of Bullets, Taake, My Dying Bride (presumably too big), Sigh, Chthonic, Carach Angren or Nightmare.
http://www.last.fm/user/Jax_87
https://play.spotify.com/user/jaxmet87/playlist/4FLRE6iQmLWa3PdBII0Jl5

kanet666
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby kanet666 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:51 pm

Something along the lines of Unisonic (Friday), Hail of Bullets (Saturday), Clutch (Sunday) would make me a very happy person, and would offer a decent alternative genre to those on the main stages at those times.
Steam = Starchild
Facebook

Catch me at:
20/6/20 - Rammstein - Coventry

Kanwulf
Denim Demon

Postby Kanwulf » Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:45 pm

kanet666 wrote:Something along the lines of Unisonic (Friday), Hail of Bullets (Saturday), Clutch (Sunday) would make me a very happy person, and would offer a decent alternative genre to those on the main stages at those times.

If I were going, that would be early nights everynight

pinhead0303
Consort of the Beast

Postby pinhead0303 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:09 pm

Expect Venom and Satyricon to be two of them ;)

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:38 pm

pinhead0303 wrote:Expect Venom and Satyricon to be two of them ;)

I doubt it, those two would probably get big slots on the main stage, perhaps even headlining.

Anyone think Ahab are big enough to headline second?
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:47 pm

No idea myself, but I hope they play.