Late Night Entertainment

August 6-9, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Re: Late Night Entertainment

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:35 am

I will give the bar and tent a try, not too bothered about prices as long as there is a decent selection of drinks and I don't have to wait 20 mins on being served!
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

ocean_of_ypres
Warrior of Metal

Postby ocean_of_ypres » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:40 am

Late to the fight as always;

Cheaper drinks on a night

Better DJs, one for the Sophie tent and one for the new blood tent, with a good genre distinction between the two

Boxing ring for any dj daring to play cliche songs, or repeat tracks, and for the prick who thought it was funny to go around writing on people's heads with marker a few years ago
I went a way for some time, but I guess I should come back and annoy people due to attending this year

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:50 am

On the sunday night they had those dancing girls with fire and stuff, and all they played was classic rock, was really annoying, stuck around for about half an hour and it didn't improve. They need new dj's.

ocean_of_ypres
Warrior of Metal

Postby ocean_of_ypres » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:55 am

Urgh, I hate the use of fire girls. It just feels like clubs are trying to be cyote ugly. I really feel like it cheapens rock nights so much
I went a way for some time, but I guess I should come back and annoy people due to attending this year

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:03 am

Warlock wrote:On the sunday night they had those dancing girls with fire and stuff, and all they played was classic rock, was really annoying, stuck around for about half an hour and it didn't improve. They need new dj's.

The Fuel Girls? If I wanted to watch girls who look like cheap hookers with shite tattoos, dancing to crap music, then I would go to a dodgy nightclub in any town in the UK. :lol:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

florencethemachine
Consort of the Beast

Postby florencethemachine » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:05 am

In the VIP tent there were those girls with angle grinders who seemed to be performing after every five minutes.

Maybe it was some product placement to help secure the sponsorship from Halfords.

ocean_of_ypres
Warrior of Metal

Postby ocean_of_ypres » Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:28 pm

The fuel girls are terrible. They do spots in a club in Leeds. If I wanted to see good circus skills, I'd go to a juggling convention. Just seems to be something that's being pressed onto the metal scene, presuming badly tattooed and poorly skilled performers are what draws punters to rock nights. In honesty, it drove me away, on top of predictive, samey dj setlists

Korthkor
Warrior of Metal
Location: Ghaarenkor (town), Uttorutrothokor (region), Karthon (nation), Ulaan (planet), Mulahai (star system)

Postby Korthkor » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:27 pm

florencethemachine wrote:In the VIP tent there were those girls with angle grinders who seemed to be performing after every five minutes.

Maybe it was some product placement to help secure the sponsorship from Halfords.

If they need somebody to secure the sponsorship with Halfords, I'll bring Angles The Grindyman* to the stage, provided that any 'accidental' deaths that occur amongst the 4 dj's coinciding with the playing of any pantera or slipknot songs will be viewed by the authorities as mere 'tragic accidents', as opposed to 'violent examples of what most of the crowd wants to do to the dj's when they play pantera and slipknot songs all the f*cking time'.

* Yes, of course I gave my angle grinder a name.
I looked into the eye of the fish.

BOA 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
Hammerfest 12, 13, 14, 15
BEER, BEER, BEERMAGEDDON! 14'

florencethemachine
Consort of the Beast

Postby florencethemachine » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:31 pm

Korthkor wrote:
florencethemachine wrote:In the VIP tent there were those girls with angle grinders who seemed to be performing after every five minutes.

If they need somebody to secure the sponsorship with Halfords, I'll bring Angles The Grindyman* to the stage, provided that any 'accidental' deaths that occur amongst the 4 dj's coinciding with the playing of any pantera or slipknot songs will be viewed by the authorities as mere 'tragic accidents', as opposed to 'violent examples of what most of the crowd wants to do to the dj's when they play pantera and slipknot songs all the f*cking time'.

* Yes, of course I gave my angle grinder a name.

:lol: In terms of names I would of went for Kurt Angle-Grinder.

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:48 pm

Just wanted to say that there is no mention of BOA on the 4DJOTA's (awful) website, so there might be some hope. We won't know until they post about the late night entertainment, of course, but I'm at least hopeful.

Cassius
Consort of the Beast

Postby Cassius » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:03 pm

VizardAmata wrote:Just wanted to say that there is no mention of BOA on the 4DJOTA's (awful) website, so there might be some hope. We won't know until they post about the late night entertainment, of course, but I'm at least hopeful.

They are listed on the Thursday night on the phone app so I'm guessing they will be there as normal

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:07 pm

Virtually anyone can do their job. I know looking at previous posts that quite a few from the forum have DJed before.

Hopefully if there is a replacement then they just play music and stop all the inane chat and trying to get singalongs. We aren't in Butlins. :lol:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:30 pm

So the 4DJOTA are from Romford. Says it all really.

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:13 pm

i0th wrote:
Cassius wrote:
VizardAmata wrote:Just wanted to say that there is no mention of BOA on the 4DJOTA's (awful) website, so there might be some hope. We won't know until they post about the late night entertainment, of course, but I'm at least hopeful.

They are listed on the Thursday night on the phone app so I'm guessing they will be there as normal

Has the phone been updated to 2015 yet? Last time I looked it was still referring to 2014's fest.

I don't actually have the app, but looking at the description on Google Play, it seems like it's still 2014. I'm gonna install it and see.

EDIT: They are listed on the app, but there aren't any stage times yet. So maybe? But it looks like they will be coming back....

Cassius
Consort of the Beast

Postby Cassius » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:29 pm

Yeah just checked and it's updated for 2015