"Non-Bloodstock" bands you would accept

August 6-9, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Kanwulf
Denim Demon

Re: "Non-Bloodstock" bands you would accept

Postby Kanwulf » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:36 pm

jwh20 wrote:Steel Panther would be a lot of fun. Didn't know them before Wacken, they had me laughing all the way through their set

How did you not know them before Wacken? They're all over the metal press lol

jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby jwh20 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:53 pm

Blake_Porter wrote:
jwh20 wrote:Steel Panther would be a lot of fun. Didn't know them before Wacken, they had me laughing all the way through their set

read "had never bothered to listen to them"

Not saying I want them to play by any stretch, but they're a non bloodstock band that might go down quite well

Bearstock
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Bearstock » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:32 pm

Eurgh no.

Saw them at Download the other year and the balance between knob jokes and performance was woeful.
http://www.last.fm/user/Jax_87
https://play.spotify.com/user/jaxmet87/playlist/4FLRE6iQmLWa3PdBII0Jl5

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:52 pm

They are a terrible band. Boring, bland, Motley Crue knockoffs with all the charisma of a mosquito boring into the side of your brain. If they played I'd go watch even Hatebreed if they were on at the same time.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Killing_time
Paster of Muppets

Postby Killing_time » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:58 pm

Steel Panther are unfunny and just all out terrible. I saw them at Ozzfest 2010 and it was just cringeworthy and desperate hearing them ask for the women to get their tits out! It was just embarrassing.

Death to Power Pop!! It should go down with the sinking ship that is Download festival.

Kanwulf
Denim Demon

Postby Kanwulf » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:19 pm

jwh20 wrote:
Blake_Porter wrote:

read "had never bothered to listen to them"

Not saying I want them to play by any stretch, but they're a non bloodstock band that might go down quite well

Honestly, I wouldn't mind them playing at all. I dunno if they would be popular though.... certainly not with the forumers though :P

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:03 am

Steel Panther are a horrible band, but Seems to get the girls worked up! So not really sure :lol: it's just they'd take a big slot if not headliner.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:09 am

Steel Panther would veer well past the "it makes a nice difference even if it's not what i'd expect" line if they were to play BOA. A classic rock band would fit because everyone can have a drunken sing along to songs you heard a lot ages ago and make a nice bit of nostalgia; Steel Panther are played constantly near everywhere, they're plastered all over the press so you'd just be hearing an already overplayed song AGAIN. Give them 20 years when the hype has died down and they're just a bit of nostalgia then maybe they'd be an acceptable choice.

Plus I can't see them fitting into a line up that books the like of Cannibal Corpse and Deicide :lol:

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:29 am

houston4044 wrote:Steel Panther would veer well past the "it makes a nice difference even if it's not what i'd expect" line if they were to play BOA. A classic rock band would fit because everyone can have a drunken sing along to songs you heard a lot ages ago and make a nice bit of nostalgia; Steel Panther are played constantly near everywhere, they're plastered all over the press so you'd just be hearing an already overplayed song AGAIN. Give them 20 years when the hype has died down and they're just a bit of nostalgia then maybe they'd be an acceptable choice.

Plus I can't see them fitting into a line up that books the like of Cannibal Corpse and Deicide :lol:

Yeah true, besides if they were available one year can't see Download letting them go, they love them! Unless they did both I guess

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:48 am

houston4044 wrote:Steel Panther would veer well past the "it makes a nice difference even if it's not what i'd expect" line if they were to play BOA. A classic rock band would fit because everyone can have a drunken sing along to songs you heard a lot ages ago and make a nice bit of nostalgia; Steel Panther are played constantly near everywhere, they're plastered all over the press so you'd just be hearing an already overplayed song AGAIN. Give them 20 years when the hype has died down and they're just a bit of nostalgia then maybe they'd be an acceptable choice.

Where do you hear them? I don't think I've heard them anywhere. Not that I'm looking.

Give them 20 years when the hype has died down

According to Wikipedia they are mainly in their late 40s, so they'll be coming on with zimmer frames. :lol:

As opposed to them fitting in at Wacken that books similar bands. :P

I certainly wouldn't want them at BOA though. Just a waste of a slot that could be used on a proper band.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:07 am

Yeah exactly save the slot for a real band!

keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Postby keera_envenomed » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:44 am

Warlock wrote:Steel Panther are a horrible band, but Seems to get the girls worked up!

I'm a girl and no.
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

Kanwulf
Denim Demon

Postby Kanwulf » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:47 am

I seem to remember hearing that they are all English professors at some American university too

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:55 am

Blake_Porter wrote:I seem to remember hearing that they are all English professors at some American university too

I heard that if u say their name three times in a row beetlejuice gets really pissed.

Gandalf the Red wrote:

Where do you hear them? I don't think I've heard them anywhere. Not that I'm looking.

Give them 20 years when the hype has died down

According to Wikipedia they are mainly in their late 40s, so they'll be coming on with zimmer frames. :lol:

[quote]

They're all over scuzz, kerrang and metal hammer. I knew they were old but didn't realise they were that old :o that'll be them retiring in a few years hopefully

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:52 pm

houston4044 wrote:
They're all over scuzz, kerrang and metal hammer. I knew they were old but didn't realise they were that old :o that'll be them retiring in a few years hopefully

Well there's the problem. :P

Their age is part of the joke. They are supposed to be an ageing 1980's Glam band.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp