"Non-Bloodstock" bands you would accept

August 6-9, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Warlock
Leather Rebel

Re: "Non-Bloodstock" bands you would accept

Postby Warlock » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:05 am

euantehclansman wrote:Godflesh headlining the tent would do me nicely!

That would be cool used to love them, not listened for ages

callumascott
Leather Rebel

Postby callumascott » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:29 pm

If Clutch could special guest that'd be cool. Probably a bit big though. Ditto Skindred.

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:32 pm

callumascott wrote:If Clutch could special guest that'd be cool. Probably a bit big though. Ditto Skindred.

I'd say both of those would be far lower than special guests. Skindred might cause more shit than Trivium did, I find them pretty good but I've seen them enough times not to care now.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:41 pm

No idea of Clutch's popularity but I doubt it's quite special guest status. I would of thought about the same slot as someone like Crowbar or Prong. If they are going to have any of that "type" of band I would tolerate Clutch.

Skindred can fuck off though. Dreadful band.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Postby keera_envenomed » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:14 pm

Much as I like Skindred and they are really fun live, they would not go down well at BOA. Also, i've heard they aren't very nice people and insist on separate dressing rooms becuase they hate each other so much :lol:
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

Andy.
Warrior of Metal

Postby Andy. » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:42 pm

Slate Steel Panther all you like, the facts remain, they are all excellent musicians who write songs most of the bands they are parodying would kill for and a lot of people miss the joke, mainly the stupid little cunts that get on stage with them to whack their tits out and lezz off.

Anyway, Non BOA related band that would more than likely go down an absolute storm, The Urban Voodoo Machine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEg_pr9AkmI
All hail the brave sailor men of the mighty Jorvik Turbojugend!!!

Kanwulf
Denim Demon

Postby Kanwulf » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:38 pm

Love Skindred and all, but that truly would signal Bloodstocks self destruction in my opinion

Bearstock
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Bearstock » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:27 pm

Nowhere near special guests but I could see Skindred playing early on one day eventually.

Whatever think of them on record they're nearly always entertaining live.
http://www.last.fm/user/Jax_87
https://play.spotify.com/user/jaxmet87/playlist/4FLRE6iQmLWa3PdBII0Jl5

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:52 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:No idea of Clutch's popularity but I doubt it's quite special guest status. I would of thought about the same slot as someone like Crowbar or Prong. If they are going to have any of that "type" of band I would tolerate Clutch.

Clutch are easily 3rd or special guests, they played the Forum last year, which compared to Prong who are only doing Islington Academy this year (over 1000 capacity difference) Clutch are far bigger.

Chugging Pus
Paster of Muppets

Postby Chugging Pus » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:45 pm

AnnihiSlateR wrote:
Not sure how much any of them play live though.

Does one man and a laptop count as playing live anyway? :lol:
"What we're having here is a secret conversation, and I'm hoping that this time, you can keep the fucking secret, because normally you're about as secure as a hymen in a South London comprehensive."

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:21 am

houston4044 wrote:
Gandalf the Red wrote:No idea of Clutch's popularity but I doubt it's quite special guest status. I would of thought about the same slot as someone like Crowbar or Prong. If they are going to have any of that "type" of band I would tolerate Clutch.

Clutch are easily 3rd or special guests, they played the Forum last year, which compared to Prong who are only doing Islington Academy this year (over 1000 capacity difference) Clutch are far bigger.

As I've said no idea. Last time I saw them they were supporting Corrosion Of Conformity and they've never been higher than mid day.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:31 am

They are big enough to play Academy 1 last April after filling the Ritz the previous year - but while there is a crossover, a good chunk of the fan base may not be interested in BOA.
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

Chugging Pus
Paster of Muppets

Postby Chugging Pus » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:56 pm

Another potential non-BOA band I would happily accept is Discharge. They'd destroy the Sophie stage quite happily.
"What we're having here is a secret conversation, and I'm hoping that this time, you can keep the fucking secret, because normally you're about as secure as a hymen in a South London comprehensive."

King Penda
Powermetal Child

Postby King Penda » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:02 pm

The Genitorturers, that`d be fun

euantehclansman
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby euantehclansman » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:59 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:
houston4044 wrote:

As I've said no idea. Last time I saw them they were supporting Corrosion Of Conformity and they've never been higher than mid day.

That was about 8 years ago right? They've grown since then. Last tour they sold out Glasgow, Edinburgh and Newcastle which are all relatively close to each other. Since they've started their own label they are on the up and up!

I don't care where they are on the bill, GET CLUTCH FOR 2015 :flame:
Last edited by euantehclansman on Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pandimensionalsuffering.bandcamp.com