"Non-Bloodstock" bands you would accept

August 6-9, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
houston4044
Denim Demon

Re: "Non-Bloodstock" bands you would accept

Postby houston4044 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:03 am

I prefer a band that reforms to use a previous member than get a new member in (if the previous member can still the job well and wants to be a part of the reunion). From what I've heard (unfortunately something has always come up when he's toured recently) Bonnett can still do the job well, so would be great to see him front Rainbow again.

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:35 am

Joe Lynn Turner's 'people' apparently approached Andy Copping about a Rainbow reunion to headline Download, with Dave Grohl on drums. Although failing to mention that neither Grohl or Blackmore had agreed to it!
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:40 am

The problem with getting Bonnet or Turner as the singer is that they will want the set to be purely "their" era of Rainbow. Whereas the vast majority of people would surely want the set to mainly consist of RJD era material with a few of the later hit singles and a couple of DP songs. Maybe a Blackmore And Friends type of concert would be a better option than an official reformation.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:04 am

Gandalf the Red wrote:The problem with getting Bonnet or Turner as the singer is that they will want the set to be purely "their" era of Rainbow. Whereas the vast majority of people would surely want the set to mainly consist of RJD era material with a few of the later hit singles and a couple of DP songs. Maybe a Blackmore And Friends type of concert would be a better option than an official reformation.

When I saw JLT play under his own name a couple of months ago, hardly any of his set was 'his' - 2 Rainbow and 1 DP (not even I Surrender). The rest was stuff like Catch The Rainbow, Hush, SoTW amongst the pub band covers (Beatles, Moondance etc). His electric sets have had Burn, Perfect Strangers, Long Live Rock n Roll, Highway Star, Man on A Silver Mountain so I think he knows which side his bread is buttered!
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:51 pm

houston4044 wrote:If he played his medieval music (or whatever you call it) on a stage where the knights fight then that would be great; if you mean main stage no thanks :lol:

Wait... what? Am I really reading that right? You appear to be saying that you'd rather see Blackmore's Night as a side show than Blackmore playing rock music on the main stage. That can't be right. What sort of alternate universe do I find myself in here?
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

mathewxentrix88
Leather Rebel

Postby mathewxentrix88 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:59 pm

Tet wrote:
houston4044 wrote:If he played his medieval music (or whatever you call it) on a stage where the knights fight then that would be great; if you mean main stage no thanks :lol:

Wait... what? Am I really reading that right? You appear to be saying that you'd rather see Blackmore's Night as a side show than Blackmore playing rock music on the main stage. That can't be right. What sort of alternate universe do I find myself in here?

In an alternative universe where Within Temptation can headline a day of death and thrash metal i spose.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:38 am

Tet wrote:

I meant if Blackmore's night were booked then I'd rather see them play somewhere out of the way rather than take up a mainstage slot. If Blackmore was booked to do a rock set then by all means put him on the mainstage.

Gandalf the Red wrote:The problem with getting Bonnet or Turner as the singer is that they will want the set to be purely "their" era of Rainbow. Whereas the vast majority of people would surely want the set to mainly consist of RJD era material with a few of the later hit singles and a couple of DP songs. Maybe a Blackmore And Friends type of concert would be a better option than an official reformation.

Bonnet's era was just one album wasn't it? Going to be a short set :lol: