3%
Classic Rock
7%

Total votes: 165

Tet
Denim Demon

Re: What does Bloodstock need?

Postby Tet » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:59 pm

i0th wrote:"Female Fronted Metal" isn't a fucking genre of music anymore than "gay fronted metal" or "black guy fronted metal".

Having a woman singing doesn't mean you're similar. Are you really gonna put Arch Enemy, Nightwish, Warlock, Lacuna Coil and Tristania in the same genre? Fuck's sake.

You're wrong. Yes, the term "female fronted metal" in its literal sense simply means that singer is female. But realistically, when people use that term, they're referring to a specific group of bands with a specific type of sound. And no, that doesn't include Arch Enemy, Holy Moses or Dylath-Leen, despite them nominally qualifying.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Bearstock
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Re: What does Bloodstock need?

Postby Bearstock » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:00 pm

i0th wrote:
Tet wrote:
i0th wrote:"Female Fronted Metal" isn't a fucking genre of music anymore than "gay fronted metal" or "black guy fronted metal".

Having a woman singing doesn't mean you're similar. Are you really gonna put Arch Enemy, Nightwish, Warlock, Lacuna Coil and Tristania in the same genre? Fuck's sake.

You're wrong. Yes, the term "female fronted metal" in its literal sense simply means that singer is female. But realistically, when people use that term, they're referring to a specific group of bands with a specific type of sound. And no, that doesn't include Arch Enemy, Holy Moses or Dylath-Leen, despite them nominally qualifying.

Then it's a moot point as Symphonic Metal is already listed.

However listening to a symphonic metal band with male vocals could prove very different to listening to one with female vocals.
http://www.last.fm/user/Jax_87
https://play.spotify.com/user/jaxmet87/playlist/4FLRE6iQmLWa3PdBII0Jl5