3%
Classic Rock
7%

Total votes: 165

houston4044
Denim Demon

Re: What does Bloodstock need?

Postby houston4044 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:28 am

I wasn't on the forum when Fear Factory were booked so don't know how well they went down :lol:

Plus I wanted to see what genres people would accept even if they're favorite ones weren't booked, for example I'd happily accept hardcore but didn't vote for it as I have other preferances.

I put hardcore in because BOA keeps booking those types of bands so I was wondering if there was actually any demand for it myself aside :lol:

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:36 am

I think I casually viewed the forum now and then back then, Think there was alot of moaning! Groove and Industrial metal combined? I'm not suprised! Would love to have them, used to be one of my favourite bands! And never really caught them properly, although Burton C Bell can't seem to sing live!

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:47 am

I can see how they'd get a bad reaction when people complain about shouty vocal bands :lol:

I was lucky to catch them before Burton's voice went :lol: though have seen them after his voice went and to be honest, i'd still watch them again; even with at times cringeworthy vocals I still enjoyed myself!

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:54 am

Yeah lol but there not quite Hatebreed! :p how did Prong go down on here? Don't remember reading much, they had a huge crowd and were absolutely amazing!
Oh wow lucky, which album was that on? Yeah same think I would too, but know what you mean, the vocals really are cringeworthy sometimes! Dino was always one of my favourite guitarists though

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:00 am

I would say that Alcest went down well because of their Black Metal roots. I doubt that a straight up shoegaze band would go down very well at all.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:57 am

Gandalf the Red wrote:I would say that Alcest went down well because of their Black Metal roots. I doubt that a straight up shoegaze band would go down very well at all.

I vaguely remember Bossk getting quite a good reception, ok they aren't quite a shoegaze band but they are definitely a post-rocky band. I definitely think something along those lines has a place at Bloodstock, but it'd have to be someone heavy.

As for Fear Factory, wasn't around the forums at the time but I saw them in 2010 and thought nothing of them. Saw them semi-recently with Devin, thought they were utterly appalling, sub Hatebreed shoutcore smattered with some of the worst vocals I've ever heard thrown in here and there. Hope they stay far away.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Kanwulf
Denim Demon

Postby Kanwulf » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:54 am

As far as post rock goes.... Falloch would go down a treat I reckon. And rightly so, they are ace!

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:02 am

Skippy wrote:
Gandalf the Red wrote:I would say that Alcest went down well because of their Black Metal roots. I doubt that a straight up shoegaze band would go down very well at all.

I vaguely remember Bossk getting quite a good reception, ok they aren't quite a shoegaze band but they are definitely a post-rocky band. I definitely think something along those lines has a place at Bloodstock, but it'd have to be someone heavy.

As for Fear Factory, wasn't around the forums at the time but I saw them in 2010 and thought nothing of them. Saw them semi-recently with Devin, thought they were utterly appalling, sub Hatebreed shoutcore smattered with some of the worst vocals I've ever heard thrown in here and there. Hope they stay far away.

I have to admit im a big fear factory fan so it would of had to have been really bad to annoy me :lol:

Blake_Porter wrote:As far as post rock goes.... Falloch would go down a treat I reckon. And rightly so, they are ace!

i second that

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:00 pm

Warlock wrote:Groove is seen as controversial!

I wouldn't say controversial so much as overrepresented.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:01 am

Its just everyone on here seems to slag it off :lol: yeah was overrepresented this year, next year there's only Sepultura so far!

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:19 am

We haven't had the M2TM yet. :lol:

Isn't Rob Zombie's solo stuff partially Groove Metal?

Can't stand the stuff personally. It just seems to be music for knuckleheads. :lol:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:26 am

Oh yeah I knew I had forgotten something! What's M2TM? I like some of it! :lol: can see that association though with people that are just into Pantera and Machine Head etc

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:34 am

Metal To The Masses. The Battle Of The Bands thing that they do and then pick the worst bands. Winners of local heats get to play the New Blood stage.

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:37 am

They pick the worst bands? I don't know much about that stuff

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:44 am

Well there's at least two threads about it. :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=54&t=81689

viewtopic.php?f=54&t=81313