Potential Clashfinder

August 6-9, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Re: Potential Clashfinder

Postby Skippy » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:25 pm

Wow they could not have handled this worse. Noone's had any idea what the official times are, they've left it until the last minute and, if these are the final times, they fucking suck, with no notice of similar bands clashing at all. The Ne/Enslaved clash still pisses me off, despite realising that I can just watch Enslaved on their tour with Grand Magus anyway, plus clashing Countless Skies is even more stupid. Sticking Trivium on with Pritchard and Dainton is moronic, as they surely have more fans in common than Trivium would have with Delain, though I'll end up watching both. Ensiferum and Saille pisses me off the most, though I'm fairly sure I'll watch Ensiferum. There are just so many ways to avoid similar clashes, and so many times where I have nothing for ages then three bands at once.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:42 pm

i0th wrote:I wonder if Bloodstock's stages are booked by different people as there's always these issues every year.

I've wondered this too. Like, I know Simon Hall judges the M2M comps, I wonder if he has a hand in the booking of the third stage, with Vicky doing main?

Bio-Zombi
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Bio-Zombi » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:44 pm

The Dark Angel/Battalion clash is a killer for me :x
You should try being dead...

Smerphy
Leather Rebel

Postby Smerphy » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:49 pm

Skippy wrote:Wow they could not have handled this worse. Noone's had any idea what the official times are, they've left it until the last minute and, if these are the final times, they fucking suck, with no notice of similar bands clashing at all. The Ne/Enslaved clash still pisses me off, despite realising that I can just watch Enslaved on their tour with Grand Magus anyway, plus clashing Countless Skies is even more stupid. Sticking Trivium on with Pritchard and Dainton is moronic, as they surely have more fans in common than Trivium would have with Delain, though I'll end up watching both. Ensiferum and Saille pisses me off the most, though I'm fairly sure I'll watch Ensiferum. There are just so many ways to avoid similar clashes, and so many times where I have nothing for ages then three bands at once.

I kind of think they want clashes. How else do you end up with the only 2 Progressive Black Metal bands clashing. :lol:

Seeing that the only Scottish band at the entire festival will be clashing with a much bigger band of the same genre, they must be doing it on purpose. Obviously they're not identical or anything but still that's pretty disappointing.
Gandalf the Red wrote:
Fjar wrote:Guy on the far-right has just remembered he left the oven on.

That comment can be read very diffferently than what was meant. :lol:

Leemanruss
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Leemanruss » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:50 pm

My clashes:

FRIDAY

- Enslaved/Ne Obliviscaris/Countless Skies* - Will watch most of Countless Skies and all of Ne Obliviscaris

- Ihsahn/We Are The Catalyst - Will watch Ihsahn

- Diatessaron/The Parallax Method* - Will watch Diatessaron

- Sabaton/I Am I* - will watch most of I Am I and all of Sabaton (didn't they learn to not clash power metal in 2013??)

- Sabaton/Conan - Will watch all of Sabaton

SATURDAY

- Ethereal/Divine Solace - not sure which to watch. Will see on the day

SUNDAY

- Agalloch/Triaxis* - will watch Agalloch (nothing would beat Agalloch!)

- Sepultura/Old Rake* - will watch Sepultura

- Sepultura/Taken By The Tide - Will skip the end of Sepultura to catch all of TBTT

- Ensiferum/Saille* - Will watch Ensiferum

- Cannibal Corpse/Lawnmower Deth - Will watch Cannibal Corpse

These are my personal clashes and I'm only pissed off about the ones with asterisks that I think could have been avoided.
Atmosfest: '17 '18
BOA: '08 '09 '10 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '16 '17 '18 '19
Damnation: '11 '13 '16 '17
Download: '06
HammerFest: '09 '17
Hellfest: '17
HRH Vikings: '18
PMQF: '17 '18
Ragnarok: '18
Wacken: '17
Wacken Winter Nights: '19
Warhorns: '16 '17 '18 '19

mathewxentrix88
Leather Rebel

Postby mathewxentrix88 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:52 pm

Bio-Zombi wrote:The Dark Angel/Battalion clash is a killer for me :x

Yep-that's the worst one for me too.We called it weeks ago,same with Ne Obliviscaris/Enslaved,you would have thought they might have moved some of the non-entities on the Sophie about a little to stop this happening?
Oh i forgot-the organizers don't like to take advice from the forum troublemakers.

Dobbydob
Consort of the Beast

Postby Dobbydob » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:53 pm

Skippy wrote:The Ne/Enslaved clash still pisses me off, despite realising that I can just watch Enslaved on their tour with Grand Magus anyway, plus clashing Countless Skies is even more stupid.

Agreed, this clash has annoyed the living piss out of me. Ne and countless skies two of my top picks to see this year..and now i cant see them both, sucks balls.
http://www.adam-robson.com
Long Live Strongbow Man

Bio-Zombi
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Bio-Zombi » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:05 pm

mathewxentrix88 wrote:
Bio-Zombi wrote:The Dark Angel/Battalion clash is a killer for me :x

Yep-that's the worst one for me too.We called it weeks ago,same with Ne Obliviscaris/Enslaved,you would have thought they might have moved some of the non-entities on the Sophie about a little to stop this happening?
Oh i forgot-the organizers don't like to take advice from the forum troublemakers.

It all just seems so daft,I feel really sorry for Battalion,and any other smaller band that has been put up against a bigger band of similar genre....
You should try being dead...

HanowarTrueMetal
Lowly Peon

Postby HanowarTrueMetal » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:10 pm

I've gone with the app though expecting a change to City of Thieves and Hanowar's slots so they don't overlap with the main stage.

Hail!

Hanowar here, the eagles of steel have confirmed that we're set to show the world the absolute power at 20:30 - 21:00 on the Jager stage on the Saturday.

Hail and Kill!

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:17 pm

And the "official times" have got you down for 1900 hours.

Quite pitiful really. :(
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:27 pm

If you start posting information on an official website then it's very bad form for it to be wrong. This is the sort of thing that should have been sorted out months ago.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

pinhead0303
Consort of the Beast

Postby pinhead0303 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:42 pm

i0th wrote:Indeed, and they've been told repeatedly on Facebook, Twitter and here that it's still not fixed.

EDIT - The post has now been changed to include end times!

Ha! And conveniently locked with all previous comments removed :lol:

Leemanruss
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Postby Leemanruss » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:13 pm

pinhead0303 wrote:
i0th wrote:Indeed, and they've been told repeatedly on Facebook, Twitter and here that it's still not fixed.

They are pathetic... oh well, now with this shitstorm over with, I can finally look forward to my weekend. Only one shift left!
Atmosfest: '17 '18
BOA: '08 '09 '10 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '16 '17 '18 '19
Damnation: '11 '13 '16 '17
Download: '06
HammerFest: '09 '17
Hellfest: '17
HRH Vikings: '18
PMQF: '17 '18
Ragnarok: '18
Wacken: '17
Wacken Winter Nights: '19
Warhorns: '16 '17 '18 '19

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:18 pm

pinhead0303 wrote:

Oh dear.

Well, at least it's fixed.

Slev
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Slev » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:19 pm

Well, at lease my extrapolations where mostly correct, with my only errors being the exact oder of the Jager stage.

Getting an update to my schedule out. There will be another update once the signing times are up!