Potential Clashfinder

August 6-9, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
florencethemachine
Consort of the Beast

Re: Potential Clashfinder

Postby florencethemachine » Sun May 31, 2015 9:42 am

Warlock wrote:Ahh Napalm Death and Battalion clash would be horrible, and why can't they put something decent on while Trivium and Within Temptation are playing uhh

U wot m8? Fleshgod will be proper mint like.

I was sceptical about them pulling their sound off live because there is so much going on but after watching the youtube video of their performance at Wacken I think it will be epic! They even had a mezzo-soprano to sing the symphonic choir-like parts.

Regarding Friday I think I'll plump for Delain. I've now given Trivium a proper listen and although I dont think they are shit and deserve the flak they have received they are perhaps the most underwhelming and average successful band I have heard. And that is including Down who I am so mind numbingly apathetic towards.

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:45 pm

I'll probably end up watching a bit of Fleshgod, just find they have too much going on for my tastes, not into the symphonic elements, but I'm sure they'll be good! Still much preferable to WT.
Yeah I know what you mean about Trivium, I'll probably watch a bit of them though and go back to the campsite, didn't expect to be saying that as I'm not a fan, but really not into the alternative. I guess Trivium is closer to the kind of thing I like, never thought I'd say that!

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:44 pm

When Trivium are the best option - there is something badly wrong! :B
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:41 pm

There is a far, far better band on the Sophie stage than Trivial.

Yeah for predictive text. Put in Trivium and it changed automatically to Trivial. :lol:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:12 am

CharlesDexterWard wrote:When Trivium are the best option - there is something badly wrong! :B

Yeah exactly my thoughts!

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:14 am

Gandalf the Red wrote:There is a far, far better band on the Sophie stage than Trivial.

Yeah for predictive text. Put in Trivium and it changed automatically to Trivial. :lol:

I can't see a better option sadly, maybe the Hobgoblin stage will have something, does it run at the same time?
Lol for once a quite appropriate predictive text!

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:19 am

If the options are Trivium or the beer tent then it is beer o clock! :D
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:27 pm

Warlock wrote:
Gandalf the Red wrote:There is a far, far better band on the Sophie stage than Trivial.

I can't see a better option sadly, maybe the Hobgoblin stage will have something, does it run at the same time?
Lol for once a quite appropriate predictive text!

New Blood usually runs till about 6/7pm, so doubt it'll still be running when trivium play
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:28 pm

Warlock wrote:why can't they put something decent on while Trivium and Within Temptation are playing

Because there are only so many options, and you can't please everyone. Spare a thought for those of us that will have no decent alternative when Napalm Death, Xerath, Raging Speedhorn, Dark Angel, Death DTA and Rob Zombie will be playing.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:42 pm

CharlesDexterWard wrote:If the options are Trivium or the beer tent then it is beer o clock! :D

Yeah I think you are right!

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:45 pm

i0th wrote:

Indeed, Delain are one of my must see bands of the weekend, them clashing with Trivium is perfect.

Disses groove metal and thinks Delain are a must see band! Wow, we're the complete opposites! Each to their own I spose
Last edited by Warlock on Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:45 pm

Warlock wrote:
i0th wrote:

Indeed, Delain are one of my must see bands of the weekend, them clashing with Trivium is perfect.

Disses groove metal and thinks Delain are a must see band! Wow, we couldn't be more oposite! each to their own I spose

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:36 pm

So I tried to edit my post and its put it up again, and seems now you can't delete, they really have messed this forum up!

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:15 pm

Warlock wrote:Disses groove metal and thinks Delain are a must see band! Wow, we're the complete opposites! Each to their own I spose

I'm with i0th there! Delain are probably the biggest draw for me this year.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:45 pm

Tet wrote:
Warlock wrote:Disses groove metal and thinks Delain are a must see band! Wow, we're the complete opposites! Each to their own I spose

I'm with i0th there! Delain are probably the biggest draw for me this year.

Because groove metal is one of the most one-dimensional, boring genres available. I'm not a huge fan, but at least Delain have something to them, and I'd probably watch them over Trivium.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!