August 6-9, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Warlock
Leather Rebel

Re: Potential Clashfinder

Postby Warlock » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:27 pm

[url][/url]
Skippy wrote:
Tet wrote:
Warlock wrote:Disses groove metal and thinks Delain are a must see band! Wow, we're the complete opposites! Each to their own I spose

I'm with i0th there! Delain are probably the biggest draw for me this year.

Because groove metal is one of the most one-dimensional, boring genres available. I'm not a huge fan, but at least Delain have something to them, and I'd probably watch them over Trivium.

In your opnion. It may be one dimensional but most of it is way better than whatever Delain are imo.

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:29 pm

Tet wrote:
Warlock wrote:Disses groove metal and thinks Delain are a must see band! Wow, we're the complete opposites! Each to their own I spose

I'm with i0th there! Delain are probably the biggest draw for me this year.

Of course you are you love all that melodic shit! :lol:

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:13 pm

Some of us still have functioning ears. Even though we are old bastards. :yes:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:46 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:Some of us still have functioning ears. Even though we are old bastards. :yes:

You like Thrash, Death, Black and Traditional metal so your ears may function yet :yes:

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:44 pm

A little more on topic, LOFT have posted on FB that they are the first band on the Hobgoblin stage on the Friday. I'm guessing that's a 10.30 start then.

florencethemachine
Consort of the Beast

Postby florencethemachine » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:48 pm

I'm still trying to work out the Sophie stage times. I'm guessing with 12 bands they can easily fit them all in from the 10:30am slot up until the 9:30pm slot. Unless they run from 11am and maybe have the Sophie headliners in possible post-mainstage slots?

Which ever way I look at it, It's doubtful I'm going to be able to watch Belphegor, Ne Obliviscaris and Enslaved. I think I will dupe Belphegor for NeO but I will not be able to decide between NeO and Enslaved.

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:21 am

florencethemachine wrote:Which ever way I look at it, It's doubtful I'm going to be able to watch Belphegor, Ne Obliviscaris and Enslaved. I think I will dupe Belphegor for NeO but I will not be able to decide between NeO and Enslaved.

I swear they'd moved it around the other day so that NeO were clashing with Overkill, and Triaxis weren't the opening band any more. That way round worked much better I think.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

florencethemachine
Consort of the Beast

Postby florencethemachine » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:22 am

Skippy wrote:
florencethemachine wrote:Which ever way I look at it, It's doubtful I'm going to be able to watch Belphegor, Ne Obliviscaris and Enslaved. I think I will dupe Belphegor for NeO but I will not be able to decide between NeO and Enslaved.

I swear they'd moved it around the other day so that NeO were clashing with Overkill, and Triaxis weren't the opening band any more. That way round worked much better I think.

Oh? Must have missed that! That would be ideal. I'll happily miss Overkill. The only Thrash I'm interested in this year is Dark Angel and Nuclear Assault.

I think that Enslaved are quite a big draw. I think that they should be at least sub-special guest. Personally I would prefer them headlining the Friday but definitely deserving of an hour slot.

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:19 am

florencethemachine wrote:
Skippy wrote:

Oh? Must have missed that! That would be ideal. I'll happily miss Overkill. The only Thrash I'm interested in this year is Dark Angel and Nuclear Assault.

I think that Enslaved are quite a big draw. I think that they should be at least sub-special guest. Personally I would prefer them headlining the Friday but definitely deserving of an hour slot.

As much as I really like them, I don't think Enslaved are quite the draw some think they are. I saw them on tour a few years ago and they only drew about 2-300 people in Sheffield (in a 1000 capacity venue). That could just be Sheffield, of course.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:20 pm

They didn't sell out Camden Underworld last time they played there, and London is supposedly the easiest place in the UK to sell a metal gig (or so people on here claim). I think Enslaved are more a band that are paid lip service than actually have fans (in the UK)

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:30 am

In case you guys missed it, Hexis re-confirmed on their FB that they are definitely still playing (they are now asking UK bookers for gigs directly either side of the Friday). They also confirmed they are not splitting up, but are definitely having a line-up change that will conclude with a gig shortly after BOA.

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:53 am

I can see myself doing a lot of wandering around shouting "bugger" as I choose between bands I want to see!
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:56 am

CharlesDexterWard wrote:I can see myself doing a lot of wandering around shouting "bugger" as I choose between bands I want to see!

You'll stand out so much from the people shouting SLAAAAAYYYEEEERR, Fenton or whatever is popular nowerdays :P

VimFuego666
Warrior of Metal

Postby VimFuego666 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:58 pm

Enslaved and Ne Obliviscaris clash, how is this possible? I know - bump Enslaved up; now its an Ihsahn/NeO clash, much better eh!!! Please someone do something b4 its too late...

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:19 pm

The clashfinder hasn't been updated for a while and it's a bit different now. Ne Obliviscaris are clashing with Belphegor instead. :P
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp