59%
No
41%

Total votes: 93

Kanwulf
Denim Demon

Overall, Do You Like This Years Lineup?

Postby Kanwulf » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:12 pm

Leave the discussion for the comments. But as a general question, do you like this years line-up? I am talking as a whole package, not a "click yes for the undercard only".

When you add up all the bands, is the line-up to your liking? Yes or no?

i0th
Hell Bent for Leather

Re: Overall, Do You Like This Years Lineup?

Postby i0th » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:51 pm

Overall no, most of the bands are a bit crap or a lot crap and wouldn't be going if I'd had to buy a ticket.
Hell ain't a bad place to be(er)

BS 02 03 04 | BGOA | WOA 04 05 06 07 12 | MoR 06 | LE | BOA 09 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 | R1BW 11 19 | Soni 11 | HRH 13 15 | HL 14 15 17 18 19 | HF 15 | HRHDvS 16 | HRHM 18

metaldinosaur
Leather Rebel

Postby metaldinosaur » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:43 pm

It's a shame but I have to say 'no'. There is some solid enough stuff there but not enough rarities/London only/personal faves/(right type of) big- bands.

So I'm not going this year. However, I'm not giving up on bloodstock. I can see them coming up with a cool line up next year.
Welcome to a brave new world/ The future here or haven't you heard?

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:33 pm

Voted Yes

While at first glance it doesn't seem to jump out as amazing,

For me it has a great mix of bands I never thought I'd see (Nuclear Assault, Dark Angel, Armoured Saint, Mordred) bands I like and have yet to see (Sepultura, Rob Zombie, Death, Cannibal Corpse) and bands I like but wouldn't go to see at their own show (Napalm Death, Korplikaani). Although there are bands I don't like it is still outweighed by the quality of the bands I do like.

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:40 pm

Yes, interesting mix of bands and some I have never seen but really wanted to like Nuclear Assault, Napalm Death and Death(ta).
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:21 pm

After a good look at the line up page. No.

Too many bands that play constantly on the tour/festival circuit. If you haven't seen half that line up in the last three years or so then I urge you to get out more. Apologies if you live in a monastery in the Shetland Islands. :P

Too many bands that nobody asked for or wanted. If a pretty knowledgeable selection of Heavy Metal fans such as this forum, collectively have to ask who a band is then there is something wrong. I think it's more a case of getting bands on the cheap (or free) rather than their quality. I'm not talking about the unsigned bands, more the Sophie stage fillers such as Planet Of Zeus, Hexis, Dead Label, Destrage and Red Fire Empress. Oh they are big in Italy/Greece/etc, I can recommend a few bands from those countries that are far better.

Too much Sludge/Stoner/Groove. Leave that shite to Damnation/Temples. Works better indoors anyway.

To be honest I'll be attending due to habit rather than going expecting to have a good time.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Bearstock
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Bearstock » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:50 pm

Yes.

Plenty to see and do I'm sure.

Expecting to have a great time :)
http://www.last.fm/user/Jax_87
https://play.spotify.com/user/jaxmet87/playlist/4FLRE6iQmLWa3PdBII0Jl5

Killing_time
Paster of Muppets

Postby Killing_time » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:50 pm

Overall i think there's enough bands for me to watch but then Within Temptation and Trivium headlining put a huge damper on the line-up so i'm gonna have to go with no.

Death to Power Pop!! It should go down with the sinking ship that is Download festival.

Bearstock
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Bearstock » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:55 pm

Every year though I see coments on here from numerous posters such as "I rarely bother with the main stage headliners" or "Emperor was the only headliner Ive watched since bla bla bla"

Yet this year "Eurgh the choice of headliners spoil the entire line up"
http://www.last.fm/user/Jax_87
https://play.spotify.com/user/jaxmet87/playlist/4FLRE6iQmLWa3PdBII0Jl5

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:19 pm

I've voted no. Yet I've got tickets. Hmm that kind of confuses even me, but that's mainly due to three reasons. 1) Quite a few of my friends are going 2) Nowhere else I can feasibly get to has a better line up and 3) When I brought my tickets, it looked better.

I find the mainstage pretty decent this year, a few misplays and a lack of ambition, but its got some crackers. However, the second stage is heroically uninteresting for the most part (minus Saille, Destrage and Trepalium, plus the headliners). The Saturday in particular has the feel that the organisers put no effort into it.

People can criticise the headliners, but I'm one of those that rarely watches them anyway, and this lot is slightly better for me than last years. However, the number of repeats, generic rip offs, or baffling rock bands that are more suited to Hard Rock Hell or something is kind of confusing. It was a promising start, but since the turn of the year almost everything has been a bit of a letdown, which is a shame.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:24 pm

I think it's because all the headliners and special guests are an acquired taste. Usually you only have one or two that are a bit Marmite. But this year you either love them or hate them.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

RobMoore1989
Definitely Not Nu

Postby RobMoore1989 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:47 am

Apart from a quick jab at the line-up, what is this poll actually hoping to achieve? This forum represents like 1% of Bloodstock goers.....

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:11 am

Yes - much better than the last few years despite nothing amazing.
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Postby keera_envenomed » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:19 am

someone else wrote:Yes - much better than the last few years despite nothing amazing.

This pretty much.
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock

Kanwulf
Denim Demon

Postby Kanwulf » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:35 am

RobMoore1989 wrote:Apart from a quick jab at the line-up, what is this poll actually hoping to achieve? This forum represents like 1% of Bloodstock goers.....

It also represents the 1% who are far more passionate about the fest and have been countless years. Unlike the Facebook page, you can be guaranteed that each and every one of us has been before, and most have been many more times. So forgive us for being vocal on our opinion on a line up.

Also it puts everyone's overall opinion in one thread so there aren't loads of other threads being derailed by people saying who they like and who they don't.