Do you like this years line-up?

Yes
59%
No
41%

Total votes: 93

Korthkor
Warrior of Metal
Location: Ghaarenkor (town), Uttorutrothokor (region), Karthon (nation), Ulaan (planet), Mulahai (star system)

Re: Overall, Do You Like This Years Lineup?

Postby Korthkor » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:57 pm

Yes, even though the last three years the lineup's been utter cack.
I looked into the eye of the fish.

BOA 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
Hammerfest 12, 13, 14, 15
BEER, BEER, BEERMAGEDDON! 14'

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:13 pm

Looking at that result it seems some people are easily pleased. :P
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:56 am

I totally get why people who go regularly to BOA are grumbling. In a few years time I expect I will be one of them too!
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

Killing_time
Paster of Muppets

Postby Killing_time » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:58 pm

Still better than Download

Death to Power Pop!! It should go down with the sinking ship that is Download festival.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:16 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:Looking at that result it seems some people are easily pleased. :P

Not quite on the level of V fest fans yet :P

CharlesDexterWard wrote:I totally get why people who go regularly to BOA are grumbling. In a few years time I expect I will be one of them too!

In a few years those of us who are currently happy will be replaced by a new more commercial audience who think bands like Trivium are too heavy, those of us who are currently unhappy will, judging by comments will either emigrate to Wacken or some kind of power metal Narnia or have invented a time machine to BOA 2003 :P

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:26 pm

I don't think that Trivium's problem is that they are too heavy. :lol:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:30 am

I voted yes. While I've seen a good number of the bands before, I have plenty to look forward to.

Thursday:
Reign of Fury, Metaprism, Red Rum

Friday:
Xerath, Armored Saint, Enslaved, Ihsahn, Overkill, Sabaton, Trivium, I Am I, Conan, Delain, Re-Animator, Fire Red Empress

Saturday:
Nuclear Assault, Korpiklaani, Death, Opeth, Within Temptation, Godsized, Battalion, Mordred, Jettblack, Fleshgod Apocalypse

Sunday:
Agalloch, Wolf, Orange Goblin, Ensiferum, Rob Zombie, Villainy, Lawnmower Deth, and Trepalium.

All of the above are bands I'd watch. That's plenty.

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:57 am

houston4044 wrote:those of us who are currently unhappy will, judging by comments will either emigrate to Wacken or some kind of power metal Narnia or have invented a time machine to BOA 2003 :P

I'm thinking of selling my Wacken tickets this year and going to Rockfest Barcelona instead. As for power metal Narnia, Sabaton Open Air (the Swedish one) is doing pretty well on that front this year (and yes, I'll be going).
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Beardy
I am the Law!

Postby Beardy » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:50 pm

houston4044 wrote:
Gandalf the Red wrote:Looking at that result it seems some people are easily pleased. :P

CharlesDexterWard wrote:I totally get why people who go regularly to BOA are grumbling. In a few years time I expect I will be one of them too!

In a few years those of us who are currently happy will be replaced by a new more commercial audience who think bands like Trivium are too heavy, those of us who are currently unhappy will, judging by comments will either emigrate to Wacken or some kind of power metal Narnia or have invented a time machine to BOA 2003 :P

Several of us have already migrated away from Wacken years ago when it became too big and/or commercial (delete as applicable) itself. I'm happy enough with BOA being my 'big' outdoor fest of the year and doing several smaller, indoor fests around Europe throughout the year. I can normally do a few of them (even including hotels for a few days) for less than some of the outdoor ones and it means I can save myself the hassle of carting a tent half way across Europe - the idea of which is much less appealing these days than it was when I was in my 20's! There's also generally a greater percentage of bands that I like playing them.

JB65
Consort of the Beast

Postby JB65 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:45 pm

Beardy wrote:
houston4044 wrote:

Several of us have already migrated away from Wacken years ago when it became too big and/or commercial (delete as applicable) itself. I'm happy enough with BOA being my 'big' outdoor fest of the year and doing several smaller, indoor fests around Europe throughout the year. I can normally do a few of them (even including hotels for a few days) for less than some of the outdoor ones and it means I can save myself the hassle of carting a tent half way across Europe - the idea of which is much less appealing these days than it was when I was in my 20's! There's also generally a greater percentage of bands that I like playing them.

Myself and the mrs feel the same about Wacken, it's become very commercial with the Becks sponsorship and will be looking at other festivals around Europe next year. We keep looking at the line ups and think that's looks a good one, or fuck! wish we going to that one.

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:55 pm

Killing_time wrote:Still better than Download

That's not a yardstick to judge the festival by, Download will always be shit, so no matter how crap BOA is, Download will be worse, but that doesn't make up for the fact BOA is shit. Genital warts are better than syphallis, but that doesn't mean by that logic that genital warts are great and awesome.

I'm alarmed that so many people I voting that they do like the line up - it's a lazy load of repeat bookings, with some of the worst bands ever (Trivium, Raging Speedhorn, Pro Pain, BLS) thrown in to make it even worse. Voting positively sends a message to the organisers that people are actually satisfied with this pile of drivel they've chucked together. The line up is crap, end of.

mathewxentrix88
Leather Rebel

Postby mathewxentrix88 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:59 pm

I voted 'no'-but i AM still going-it will probably be the last ever chance in this country to see D.T.A,Nuclear Assault or Dark Angel so that was enough for me to get a ticket.The Sophie stage is a bit of a shambles this year but Battallion,Re-Animator,Lawnmower Deth,Reign Of Fury,Desecration and Mordred mean it's not a total washout (and i must admit to being curious about seeing Arnocorps).
For me-it's better than last year-when only Flotsam and Orphaned Land on the mainstage plus about five bands on the Sophie were worth my time-in which case i gave it a miss.The shit bands this year(we know who they are)-are TRULY shit though-and there are too many of them-and too many lazy repeats.

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:14 am

bloodfiend wrote:
Killing_time wrote:Still better than Download

That's not a yardstick to judge the festival by, Download will always be shit, so no matter how crap BOA is, Download will be worse, but that doesn't make up for the fact BOA is shit. Genital warts are better than syphallis, but that doesn't mean by that logic that genital warts are great and awesome.

I'm alarmed that so many people I voting that they do like the line up - it's a lazy load of repeat bookings, with some of the worst bands ever (Trivium, Raging Speedhorn, Pro Pain, BLS) thrown in to make it even worse. Voting positively sends a message to the organisers that people are actually satisfied with this pile of drivel they've chucked together. The line up is crap, end of.

That's your subjective opinion, though. Sure they're are a lot of repeats, but obviously a lot of us feel that overall, the lineup is good. Tbh I think people are whining too much about the repeats.

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:40 am

It's more the combination of repeats along with bands that have *just* toured as well, and the sheer number.
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

ScrumpiesVeteran
Leather Rebel

Postby ScrumpiesVeteran » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:32 pm

Some shit, but plenty of diamonds scattered around. Enough to prompt me to get an earlybird this year and recuse myself from working.

TBH this year's BOA line up helps me at WOA, as there are a few duplicates between the fests. eg Armoured Saint don't even START playing until 02.15 on the sat at WOA :( So I watch them at BOA instead
ScrumpiesVeteran: "a great big bloke that smells of apples" - NOT !!!!