Do you like this years line-up?

Yes
59%
No
41%

Total votes: 93

VirginInvader
Denim Demon

Re: Overall, Do You Like This Years Lineup?

Postby VirginInvader » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:18 pm

Yeah love it. They've literally booked all of my favourite bands. Absolutely no need to spend the summer in Germany and Sweden this year!
Seven Sisters - Proper Heavy Metal from London Town. Upcoming shows:

23/05 - Heavy Sound Festival, Poperinge, Belgium
18/07- Metalbrew, London
01/08 - The Black Heart, London
29/08- No Sleep 'Til Dublin

florencethemachine
Consort of the Beast

Postby florencethemachine » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:48 am

Dark Angel, Nuclear Assault and DeathTA announcement floored me and reeled me in. I voted yes based on this announcement. There is still one RJD and a few Sophie slots yet to be filled so I'm remaining optimistic. However, i do echo the sentiment that there is a lot ot utter wank this year too. The Sophie stage in particular looks like the New Blood stage atm. Shitty stoner/rock/alternative metal and relatively unknown death/black metal bands.

florencethemachine
Consort of the Beast

Postby florencethemachine » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:48 am

Whoops. I did a Bloodstock and repeated my post.

Kanwulf
Denim Demon

Postby Kanwulf » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:29 pm

:lol:

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:41 am

I think Ne Obliviscaris may have tipped a couple of forumers in a position direction, Sophie Stage is definitely looking interesting, although its fucking annoying trying to find some of their music when spotify is blocking me for having an incorrect country location setting but refusing to let me change it either...
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:39 pm

Friday and Sunday are definitely looking pretty good for me, Friday looks too full, and Sunday looks decent until about 7 or so. It's just the Saturday letting me down right now (which I understand is the opposite of everyone else). The Sophie in particular looks like they've just stuck all the dregs on.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

mathewxentrix88
Leather Rebel

Postby mathewxentrix88 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:48 pm

Skippy wrote:Friday and Sunday are definitely looking pretty good for me, Friday looks too full, and Sunday looks decent until about 7 or so. It's just the Saturday letting me down right now (which I understand is the opposite of everyone else). The Sophie in particular looks like they've just stuck all the dregs on.

Weird isn't it-as for me Saturday is so good on mainstage that it looks like i may have to miss Battallion (whose album 'Set The Phantom Afire' is bloody great) on the Sophie.I wouldn't mind catching Mordred too.However Sunday is poor for myself.Move Battallion and Mordred to Sunday i say!

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:33 pm

Yeah Saturday is the best day for me by a country mile mainstage wise. Friday is mostly good (two absolute shockers though). Sunday is a virtual write off with only two or three that I would give time to. If it wasn't for Onslaught and Lawnmower Deth on the Sophie stage then I would probably be thinking of sodding off home early afternoon.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

bloodfiend
Denim Demon

Postby bloodfiend » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:55 pm

VizardAmata wrote:
That's your subjective opinion, though. Sure they're are a lot of repeats, but obviously a lot of us feel that overall, the lineup is good. Tbh I think people are whining too much about the repeats.

Not just my opinion - the majority of the announcements have been met with massive derision in the individual threads...and now over half the voters seem to think it's a good line up.

Davros
Denim Demon

Postby Davros » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:48 pm

It's a shame that there's no meh option. Now I don't diss like the line up there's no wow factor. Thee bands I'm happy to watch over but nothing that makes me woooo hoooooo. But, bloodstock is more than the bands for me. It's about meeting up with friends that I early get to see. It's more like a holiday.
False metal is an enemy of the Daleks! EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE!!!

BStobart
Definitely Not Nu

Postby BStobart » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:02 pm

Nope. It's about 25% good if I'm feeling generous.
It's mainly bands that no-one wants or mainstream shite.

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:18 am

bloodfiend wrote:
Killing_time wrote:Still better than Download

That's not a yardstick to judge the festival by, Download will always be shit, so no matter how crap BOA is, Download will be worse, but that doesn't make up for the fact BOA is shit. Genital warts are better than syphallis, but that doesn't mean by that logic that genital warts are great and awesome.

I'm alarmed that so many people I voting that they do like the line up - it's a lazy load of repeat bookings, with some of the worst bands ever (Trivium, Raging Speedhorn, Pro Pain, BLS) thrown in to make it even worse. Voting positively sends a message to the organisers that people are actually satisfied with this pile of drivel they've chucked together. The line up is crap, end of.

Download is good if you want too see massive bands, I've had lots of great times there, but I do prefer BOA

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:19 am

Davros wrote:It's a shame that there's no meh option. Now I don't diss like the line up there's no wow factor. Thee bands I'm happy to watch over but nothing that makes me woooo hoooooo. But, bloodstock is more than the bands for me. It's about meeting up with friends that I early get to see. It's more like a holiday.

Yeah completly agree, its like a holiday for me too and get a chance to spend it with friends I don't get to see much, and I can't wait for it!

Chugging Pus
Paster of Muppets

Postby Chugging Pus » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:28 am

Saturday is easily the strongest for me, Within Temptation being the only main stage band I won't bother seeing so far. Sunday is the weakest but going on my clashfinder I still have nearly a whole day of bands, just more made up of stuff that I wouldn't mind seeing rather than stuff I actively want to see.
"What we're having here is a secret conversation, and I'm hoping that this time, you can keep the fucking secret, because normally you're about as secure as a hymen in a South London comprehensive."

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:11 am

Interesting to see people claiming Saturday is strong. For me, it's the weakest main single stage day lineup I can remember, with literally only one band (Within Temptation) that I have any interest in watching. Nuclear Assault will probably be OK, but the rest are pretty dire.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...