Do you like this years line-up?

Yes
59%
No
41%

Total votes: 93

Killing_time
Paster of Muppets

Re: Overall, Do You Like This Years Lineup?

Postby Killing_time » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:55 am

Saturday is the strongest day by far! Within Temptation are fucking horrible though

Death to Power Pop!! It should go down with the sinking ship that is Download festival.

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:18 pm

Friday has a couple of must see bands for me (Armored Saint, Overkill and Sabaton) but Saturday is the main day for me as Nuclear Assault, Napalm Death, Dark Angel and Death DTA are all big ticks on my still to see list.
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:19 pm

Killing_time wrote:Saturday is the strongest day by far! Within Temptation are fucking horrible though

The last time I saw WT was supporting Iron Maiden at Twickenham in 2008 and they weren’t great - to be fair I was royally pissed though! :ugh:

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:23 pm

CharlesDexterWard wrote:Friday has a couple of must see bands for me (Armored Saint, Overkill and Sabaton) but Saturday is the main day for me as Nuclear Assault, Napalm Death, Dark Angel and Death DTA are all big ticks on my still to see list.

Still to see Napalm Death? :o

Fair enough. :lol:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:34 pm

Sadly staying in the back arse of central Scotland limits my concert attendance!

Bearstock
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Bearstock » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:04 pm

CharlesDexterWard wrote:
Killing_time wrote:Saturday is the strongest day by far! Within Temptation are fucking horrible though

The last time I saw WT was supporting Iron Maiden at Twickenham in 2008 and they weren’t great - to be fair I was royally pissed though! :ugh:

They were pretty bland, so much so I'd completely forgotten they even played!

Friday is easily looking the best day for me overall given I'd watch all of the bands on the main stage and a few from the Sophie Stage on that day.

Depends on timing but Re-Animator, Hang The Bastard and Ne Obvlivscaris on between the end of Armoured Saint and finishing in time for Enslaved would be ideal though.
http://www.last.fm/user/Jax_87
https://play.spotify.com/user/jaxmet87/playlist/4FLRE6iQmLWa3PdBII0Jl5

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:17 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:Still to see Napalm Death? :o

I haven't seen them either. :P

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:30 pm

VizardAmata wrote:
Gandalf the Red wrote:Still to see Napalm Death? :o

I haven't seen them either. :P

Bloomin' hell. Where have you all being hiding. I must be on nearly triple figures by now. :eyes:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:15 am

Haha, I honestly don't know how I haven't seen them! I don't have the boondocks excuse, it's only about 45 mins to London for me. :lol:

SamB14
Lowly Peon

Postby SamB14 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:47 pm

Bought ticket on back of Within Temptation headlining. I like delain and sabaton, Rob Zombie is meh as are Trivium and BLS. The rest i dont really know of but will check them out where i can, this is my first Bloodstock. I hope WT get a good reception, i wonder if alot of people will buy day tix to see them.

Bio-Zombi
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Bio-Zombi » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:32 pm

Yes,it's ok.

That's about all I can say really..
You should try being dead...

Warlock
Leather Rebel

Postby Warlock » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:17 am

I was chatting to a friend at work the other day, and he's into some metal like Motorhead, older Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth etc and I told him he should come along to Bloodstock, and he was interested, however I struggled to name bands that either he had heard of or was into for this year's line up, the only one's he was interested in was Overkill, Sepultura and Napalm Death, and I began too see a big problem with this year's line up - its almost completely lacking those bigger Classic or Iconic bands it has had alot of in the past such as Megadeth and Saxon last year, Slayer, King Diamond, Anthrax and Exodus the year before, Alice Cooper and Testament the year before that, then Motorhead and Wasp etc etc and there seems very little for people of that kind of age group or demographic. I'm not saying all older fans only listen too older bands, but seems like there's a big hole in the line up for people into that sort of thing. Their focus for next year's seems alot more towards the Download type crowd, compounded by the amount of repeats and the pretty weak Sophie Stage so far, with a few hidden gems mixed in. Ultimately its these gems, and few more controversial choices like Rob Zombie and Sepultura that I just happen to like, the lack of any real alternative and the fact that I know I'm still going to have an amazing time that sells me a ticket.

Kanwulf
Denim Demon

Postby Kanwulf » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:15 am

How are seps controversial?

Beardy
I am the Law!

Postby Beardy » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:24 am

Blake_Porter wrote:How are seps controversial?

Leaving out the subjectivity of my own opinion (and that of many others) that they haven't released anything worth listening to for more than 20 years, they're half way up the bill on the mainstage despite having to resort to 2 for 1 ticket offers on their last tour because of lack of interest.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:28 pm

Warlock wrote:I was chatting to a friend at work the other day, and he's into some metal like Motorhead, older Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth etc and I told him he should come along to Bloodstock, and he was interested, however I struggled to name bands that either he had heard of or was into for this year's line up, the only one's he was interested in was Overkill, Sepultura and Napalm Death, and I began too see a big problem with this year's line up - its almost completely lacking those bigger Classic or Iconic bands it has had alot of in the past such as Megadeth and Saxon last year, Slayer, King Diamond, Anthrax and Exodus the year before, Alice Cooper and Testament the year before that, then Motorhead and Wasp etc etc and there seems very little for people of that kind of age group or demographic. I'm not saying all older fans only listen too older bands, but seems like there's a big hole in the line up for people into that sort of thing. Their focus for next year's seems alot more towards the Download type crowd, compounded by the amount of repeats and the pretty weak Sophie Stage so far, with a few hidden gems mixed in. Ultimately its these gems, and few more controversial choices like Rob Zombie and Sepultura that I just happen to like, the lack of any real alternative and the fact that I know I'm still going to have an amazing time that sells me a ticket.

After reading your short essay ( :P ) I half agree, BOA seem to be targeting DL audiences and traditional BOA fans (I.e. people who know the rare/gems in the line up) rather than just metal fans at large.

Beardy wrote:
Blake_Porter wrote:How are seps controversial?

Leaving out the subjectivity of my own opinion (and that of many others) that they haven't released anything worth listening to for more than 20 years, they're half way up the bill on the mainstage despite having to resort to 2 for 1 ticket offers on their last tour because of lack of interest.

I would imagine Sepultura are a bigger festival draw than at their own shows though, it's a name people recognize and being a festival you'd expect them to stick mostly to the classics rather than focus on their latest material. I wouldn't class them as controversial at all.