Do you like this years line-up?

Yes
59%
No
41%

Total votes: 93

houston4044
Denim Demon

Re: Overall, Do You Like This Years Lineup?

Postby houston4044 » Fri May 29, 2015 10:01 am

CharlesDexterWard wrote:Regardless of the headliners and some of the line up, I am starting to get damn stoked about this, watching the countdown draw us nearer to BOA.

Looking forward to a damn fine weekend with like minded people, good music and a few ales when the bands I don't want to see are on.

All we need is a dry and sunny weekend to make it perfect! :D

Good luck finding those people, we can barely agree on anything on here :lol:

bloodblind
Consort of the Beast

Postby bloodblind » Fri May 29, 2015 11:15 pm

CharlesDexterWard wrote:Regardless of the headliners and some of the line up, I am starting to get damn stoked about this, watching the countdown draw us nearer to BOA.

Looking forward to a damn fine weekend with like minded people, good music and a few ales when the bands I don't want to see are on.

All we need is a dry and sunny weekend to make it perfect! :D

Dam right man! I can't wait, it's not long now and there's so much I want to see

Guardianofasgaard
Lowly Peon

Postby Guardianofasgaard » Sat May 30, 2015 5:57 am

2013 was my first Bloodstock, this year will be my second and to me, this year has more strength in depth than previous years, although I will probably be spending a lot of time in the Sophie tent on Saturday and Sunday

JPMC
Warrior of Metal

Postby JPMC » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:49 pm

I vote no. If I hadn't had bought tickets on the first day after last year's, I don't think I would buy them now. But I'm still looking forward to it all the same.

While I don't see anything redeeming about the headliners with the possible exception of Rob Zombie, I do wonder what else they could have done to either stay in budget or get a couple of decent big names.

I would have liked to have seen less suck overall on the headliners. Everyone else I could have dealt with. Also, I would personally have liked to have seen guys like Enthroned, Vader, Paradise Lost, Insomnium, etc. But who knows, maybe they couldn't get them booked or whatever. I'm still looking forward to Overkill, ProPain (first time for me), Sabaton, Cannibal Corpse (F U Johnny!), Korpiklaani, etc.

Compared to last years, I mean, beating the likes of Rotting Christ, Emperor et al would have been difficult.

I will wait for some announcements before I splurge on 2016 tickets though!

Cerpin_Taxt
Definitely Not Nu

Postby Cerpin_Taxt » Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:34 pm

With the exception of Rob Zombie the headliners are awful for me this year, but I still get why they do it. Popular headliners are enough to bring in new punters, whilst the regulars and the proper metal fans go for the other bands lower down the bill.

Let's just hope they don't fuck up the opportunity to impress new punters again by fucking up the toilets.

For me the line up this year is great. There are about 17 bands in total I really want to see, and I'll no doubt discover more as I work through the line up to listen to bands I've never heard of before. Particularly looking forward to Overkill, Nuclear Assault, Korpiklaani, Ensiferum, Arnocoprs etc.

jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby jwh20 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:32 pm

I just caught Nuclear Assault on the Hellfest stream, and man they kick ass, looking forward to this much more. Can't wait to see Dan Lilker again.

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:10 pm

Nuclear Assault are a huge positive on the bill for me and I have very high hopes!
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

asmodaii
Definitely Not Nu

Postby asmodaii » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:54 am

Yes, couple of bands I really want to see, but mainly going because of my friends and the general atmosphere.
Drummer of Sellsword, Seriously Unserious Power/Heavy Metal from York!

Bearstock
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Bearstock » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:14 pm

I think the line up is a strong one overall although it undoubtedly could be stronger.

Mainly I think it goes to show that various "rumours" you hear should be taken with a strong pinch of salt.

Kreator, Insomnium, Arch Enemy, Judas Priest and Five Finger Death Punch I heard mentioned a lot for example yet none of them are booked for this year.
http://www.last.fm/user/Jax_87
https://play.spotify.com/user/jaxmet87/playlist/4FLRE6iQmLWa3PdBII0Jl5

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:48 am

Bearstock wrote:I think the line up is a strong one overall although it undoubtedly could be stronger.

Mainly I think it goes to show that various "rumours" you hear should be taken with a strong pinch of salt.

Kreator, Insomnium, Arch Enemy, Judas Priest and Five Finger Death Punch I heard mentioned a lot for example yet none of them are booked for this year.

None of those were rumored, they were either wishlisted or in the case of AE and FFDP a "I hope we don't get them" thing.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:14 am

Nope. I was told the rumour that involved two of those bands from the main man in the respective bands. Both of whom I vaguely know personally.

Just goes to show how negotiations and bookings don't always work out how the bands and/or festival wish.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

florencethemachine
Consort of the Beast

Postby florencethemachine » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:18 am

I am quite looking forward to the fest as it is drawing closer. I do think if they switch the Saturday RJD bands with a couple on the other days it would be more enjoyable and well balanced. I am going to rarely leave the RJD stage on Saturday. Which means I'm regrettably going to miss Burgerkill, apparently they're coming?

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:09 pm

Now we have all the bands (short of someone dropping out last minute) I can say I really do like the line up. It has it's flaws no doubt, but when it gets things right it hits the nail right on the head. Good mix of rarities in there which adds to the appeal as well as some bands I've wanted to see for awhile all in one place so helps me tick a few boxes.

I just hope now that the bands I want to avoid clash with the bands I would like to see. I know i'm going to have some inevitable clashes but doesn't stop me hoping theres fewer of them :lol:

Also Burgerkill is coming....

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:50 pm

I guess bar the Saturday main and second stage and pretty much all the New Blood stage I do like it. That said, its looks incredibly likely that all the bands I like on Sunday and Friday will play in a big clump in the middle of the day all at the same time, and I have little either side of that to watch at all. So it could easily switch to a massive "no" come stagetimes.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Slev
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Slev » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:19 am

If I've counted right:

Bands I'll be actively avoiding, unless they've had a sudden and drastic change in direction: 13
Bands I don't care about, but might check in case they've improved: 11
Bands I actively want to see, unless they've had a sudden and drastic change in direction: 9
Bands I need to check out as I don't know them: 91