BLOODSTOCK REVEAL TEN MORE BANDS PLUS MORE CLUB NIGHTS

August 6-9, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Re: BLOODSTOCK REVEAL TEN MORE BANDS PLUS MORE CLUB NIGHTS

Postby jwh20 » Wed May 27, 2015 12:14 pm

Ageless Oblivion are god-awful, and Alunah bore the hell out of me. Need to check out the Sunday bands, hoping there'll be something other than Corpse and Godflesh to keep me there for the last day.

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Wed May 27, 2015 1:50 pm

Leemanruss wrote:The Izuna Drop [...] What is a band like this doing at Bloodstock? Let alone billed above Triaxis who have an established fanbase at this festival...

Having looked at one of their videos online, it's very slick and has probably had a decent amount of record company money backing it. Which probably explains everything...

Of the bands announced here, that I know about:

• Messiah's Kiss - great booking, love their studio output and they're a decent live band too.
  • Winter Storm - Only seen them once, but I enjoyed their set.
  • Alunah - Not really my thing, but a solid enough booking.
  • Blind Haze - Motörhead reborn.
  • Knock Out Kaine - Decent glam metal, a genre that's been woefully underrepresented at Bloodstock over the years. Like Winter Storm, I've only seen them once and am looking forward to a repeat performance.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

Illwish
Denim Demon

Postby Illwish » Wed May 27, 2015 2:58 pm

administrator wrote:Joining the Sophie Lancaster Stage line-up on Friday are MESSIAH’S KISS (https://www.facebook.com/MessiahsKiss), featuring former session musicians for Tony Iommi and Saxon.
That's an insult of a blurb, former session musician for Saxon? The bassist played a couple of shows as stand-in bassist. I can't find any of them listed as playing on any of the Iommi releases either.

Singer is ex-Riot and Burning Starr, the Banks brothers are half of Persian Risk now and were half of 'Blaze' back when he had a real band and not just backing musicians. The German element of the band are all from 'Repression', late 80s Running Wild-esque power metal band.

Love their older studio material, the comeback album is a bit of a letdown in the writing and production departments because George Kraft who was the main man has been sidelined by health issues.

Given that Bloodstock will be their third gig since 2002 they're the biggest draw on the line-up, probably not enough for me not to sell the ticket I have though.

florencethemachine
Consort of the Beast

Postby florencethemachine » Wed May 27, 2015 8:11 pm

Get in! Will def watch Ageless Oblivion unless they clash with the unholy trifecta that is Napalm Death, Dark Angel and DTA. I was shocked for a second because I thought they booked the Brutal Death band Annihilated.

Need to look into the other bands in the announcement as I am unfamiliar with all of them.

florencethemachine
Consort of the Beast

Postby florencethemachine » Wed May 27, 2015 8:17 pm

Just listened to Izuna Drop...

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Wed May 27, 2015 10:13 pm

I can't believe that anyone is dismissing Anilhated as "generic thrash". They were well going before all your heroes were. And I think their placing on the bill is quite frankly an insult. :rolleyes:

Outstanding at Beermageddon. :rock:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Illwish
Denim Demon

Postby Illwish » Thu May 28, 2015 7:19 am

Gandalf the Red wrote:They were well going before all your heroes were.

While true, the two times I've seen them (including Beermageddon) they haven't played any songs that pre-dated 2010. Quite strange really.

mathewxentrix88
Leather Rebel

Postby mathewxentrix88 » Thu May 28, 2015 9:36 am

Gandalf the Red wrote:I can't believe that anyone is dismissing Anilhated as "generic thrash". They were well going before all your heroes were. And I think their placing on the bill is quite frankly an insult. :rolleyes:

Outstanding at Beermageddon. :rock:

I agree Gandalf,they have been going since 1981 and while i must admit to only being into them the last couple of years after being put onto them by a mate-they are really really good and should be higher up.The biggest insult as far as placing on the bill definitely goes to the Triaxis booking though.

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Fri May 29, 2015 9:56 am

Biggest insult in terms of placing? Well if we take the line up page at value and ignore the poster earlier in the thread I think the prize goes to Armored Saint. I know they weren't massive but they're a rare booking doing like 3 dates around BOA and haven't played in years whereas Raging Speedhorn (since they reformed) and Belphegor are over here a lot.

mathewxentrix88
Leather Rebel

Postby mathewxentrix88 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:50 am

Well it looks like Triaxis and Anihilated have been moved up the bill a bit (and possibly one or two others).

Tet
Denim Demon

Postby Tet » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:14 pm

mathewxentrix88 wrote:Well it looks like Triaxis and Anihilated have been moved up the bill a bit

Sadly it seems Triaxis are now back listed as the opening band on the Sunday.
CH3NO2 -- It's the only way to be sure
You laugh at me because I'm different. I pity you, you're all the same...

mathewxentrix88
Leather Rebel

Postby mathewxentrix88 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:52 pm

Tet wrote:
mathewxentrix88 wrote:Well it looks like Triaxis and Anihilated have been moved up the bill a bit

Sadly it seems Triaxis are now back listed as the opening band on the Sunday.

Yep-looks like it,Anihilated moved back down again too.For an organisation that takes this amount of money and has been running for so long i seriously don't understand how they can keep making so many fuck ups-what with the lineup movements and the forum shambles,inability to book a balanced Saturday for this year etc etc-The next thing is gonna be people asking about a timetable so they can avoid clashes,if this gets posted within two days of the festival taking place i will be REALLY surprised-yet it happens every year.
P.S-Wonder what bullshit we will get about the relative lack of power metal this year too-they fed us a load of excuses about "bad timing","band unavailability" etc ad nauseum last year,"We definitely haven't abandoned power metal"-something along those lines they said.Rubbish.
EDIT:I'm not feeling too good today-so if that post is a bit whiny (and it is i suppose-none of it is really that important) then soz. :yes:

BigHammer666
Lowly Peon

Postby BigHammer666 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:34 am

Aerosol_Kid wrote:
houston4044 wrote:Anihilated - As is usual going by these announcements I'm the only one happy with the thrash band :lol:

Not so, I'm with you on the thrash all day long :D

Thrash is a bit dead to be honest mate, I don't know what age you are living in, but there is no thrash around now that is any good, save devildriver a little while back,

so sorry man, grow up, get with the new metal.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:22 am

BigHammer666 wrote:
Aerosol_Kid wrote:
houston4044 wrote:Anihilated - As is usual going by these announcements I'm the only one happy with the thrash band :lol:

Thrash is a bit dead to be honest mate, I don't know what age you are living in, but there is no thrash around now that is any good, save devildriver a little while back,

Ha ha. Nice try. But we've already got Killing Time.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:35 am

BigHammer666 wrote:
Aerosol_Kid wrote: