My bulgin bag

August 6-9, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
SamB14
Lowly Peon
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:10 pm

Re: My bulgin bag

Postby SamB14 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:37 am

Does anyone take earplugs to gigs? I just bought myself some Alpine plugs for Bloodstock, ringing ears after gigs isn't fun!

User avatar
florencethemachine
Consort of the Beast
Posts: 389
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:13 pm
Location: South-East London

Re: My bulgin bag

Postby florencethemachine » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:02 pm

SamB14 wrote:Does anyone take earplugs to gigs? I just bought myself some Alpine plugs for Bloodstock, ringing ears after gigs isn't fun!


Well you aren't gonna need them for the main stage.
Image

mathewxentrix88
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1217
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:30 pm
Location: Essex

Re: My bulgin bag

Postby mathewxentrix88 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:39 pm

florencethemachine wrote:
SamB14 wrote:Does anyone take earplugs to gigs? I just bought myself some Alpine plugs for Bloodstock, ringing ears after gigs isn't fun!


Well you aren't gonna need them for the main stage.

Ha ha!-you're right there!!

SamB14
Lowly Peon
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:10 pm

Re: My bulgin bag

Postby SamB14 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:40 pm

Really? Not even down the front?

User avatar
Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon
Posts: 5009
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:38 pm

Re: My bulgin bag

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:05 pm

The tent stages can get a bit loud. Hospital Of Death a few years ago were excruciatingly loud. :lol:

But the mainstage is like someone placed a transistor radio in the middle of a field.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

User avatar
VizardAmata
Denim Demon
Posts: 3918
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Behind You
Contact:

Re: My bulgin bag

Postby VizardAmata » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:29 pm

SamB14 wrote:Really? Not even down the front?


I use it them if I'm down the front. My hearing is shit as it is, I don't need extra damage on top.

Cassius
Consort of the Beast
Posts: 387
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:02 pm
Location: Huddersfield

Re: My bulgin bag

Postby Cassius » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:27 pm

Speaking of packing stuff.

Does anyone know if the general store place that is there every year does large bottles of coke for a reasonableish price?

I normally lug down a couple of 2 litre bottles to use as mixer with my rum but might save myself the extra weight if I can just pick it up on site without getting ripped off to much.

User avatar
ocean_of_ypres
Warrior of Metal
Posts: 160
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:07 pm
Location: Leeds, gods own county

Re: My bulgin bag

Postby ocean_of_ypres » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:00 pm

I'm quite well packed now. Went and got my chair, and got all the big stuff sorted and in their place in my bag. Now I'm having the dilemma of what shirts to take. Belzebong, Sunn, and Woods of Ypres are all certified. I need a fourth shirt though, and I'm not sure if it's worth taking the white Zoltoid shirt with me. I'm already trying to remove a beetroot stain from it, and I don't want to be adding more colour to the damn thing
I went a way for some time, but I guess I should come back and annoy people due to attending this year

User avatar
VizardAmata
Denim Demon
Posts: 3918
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:18 pm
Location: Behind You
Contact:

Re: My bulgin bag

Postby VizardAmata » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:07 pm

Cassius wrote:Speaking of packing stuff.

Does anyone know if the general store place that is there every year does large bottles of coke for a reasonableish price?

I normally lug down a couple of 2 litre bottles to use as mixer with my rum but might save myself the extra weight if I can just pick it up on site without getting ripped off to much.


I can't remember for certain, but I don't think so. They definitely did the small bottles, but I don't think they did large ones.
Last edited by VizardAmata on Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
fluffkitten
Paster of Muppets
Posts: 1528
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:52 am
Location: Nottingham

Re: My bulgin bag

Postby fluffkitten » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:08 pm

SamB14 wrote:Does anyone take earplugs to gigs? I just bought myself some Alpine plugs for Bloodstock, ringing ears after gigs isn't fun!


I use a set in the tents and if I'm close(ish) to the main stage. Some people can get away without earplugs at the RJD but I'm not one of them.
a caffeine addict and known hater of mornings :coffee:

User avatar
CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1470
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:37 am
Location: Bo'ness, West Lothian

Re: My bulgin bag

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:06 pm

ocean_of_ypres wrote:I'm quite well packed now. Went and got my chair, and got all the big stuff sorted and in their place in my bag. Now I'm having the dilemma of what shirts to take. Belzebong, Sunn, and Woods of Ypres are all certified. I need a fourth shirt though, and I'm not sure if it's worth taking the white Zoltoid shirt with me. I'm already trying to remove a beetroot stain from it, and I don't want to be adding more colour to the damn thing


I refuse to take my white Ziltoid t-shirt as I fear it will be destroyed. Taking my DTP Epicloud tour shirt instead.
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

User avatar
ocean_of_ypres
Warrior of Metal
Posts: 160
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:07 pm
Location: Leeds, gods own county

Re: My bulgin bag

Postby ocean_of_ypres » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:14 pm

CharlesDexterWard wrote:
ocean_of_ypres wrote:I'm quite well packed now. Went and got my chair, and got all the big stuff sorted and in their place in my bag. Now I'm having the dilemma of what shirts to take. Belzebong, Sunn, and Woods of Ypres are all certified. I need a fourth shirt though, and I'm not sure if it's worth taking the white Zoltoid shirt with me. I'm already trying to remove a beetroot stain from it, and I don't want to be adding more colour to the damn thing


I refuse to take my white Ziltoid t-shirt as I fear it will be destroyed. Taking my DTP Epicloud tour shirt instead.


Nice. I do have a grey DTP 2011 college shirt that I could take. I'm in the air on this one. The Bolt Thrower shirts are definitely staying at home though. Took me long enough to manage to get them
I went a way for some time, but I guess I should come back and annoy people due to attending this year

User avatar
CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel
Posts: 1470
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:37 am
Location: Bo'ness, West Lothian

Re: My bulgin bag

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:26 pm

Likewise, my 1987 Anthrax Judge Dredd shield t-shirt was packed and then unpacked as I can't replace it if anything happens to it!
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

User avatar
i0th
Hell Bent for Leather
Posts: 2163
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:53 pm
Location: Teesside

Re: My bulgin bag

Postby i0th » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:41 pm

I often use ear plugs at night but never in the arena. Not planned my tshirts yet.
Hell ain't a bad place to be(er)

BS 02 03 04 | BGOA | WOA 04 05 06 07 12 | MoR 06 | LE | BOA 09 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 | R1BW 11 19 | Soni 11 | HRH 13 15 | HL 14 15 17 18 19 | HF 15 | HRHDvS 16 | HRHM 18

JPMC
Warrior of Metal
Posts: 150
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:59 pm

Re: My bulgin bag

Postby JPMC » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:11 pm

Acoustic guitar
Hemp-based products
Bug hospitals where the little dashers can rest up from all that flying around
Tipi
Mind expansion and consciousness