New tent.

August 6-9, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
gregors666
Warrior of Metal

New tent.

Postby gregors666 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:49 am

Just had my Eurohike Rydal 500 delivered. Cant wait to get there now.
My brother and I have shared the same "3 man" tent for the past 5 stocks. It did us proud.but we decided for a little bit of extra space and comfort because of our ever increasing age and achey bones.
Anybody got the same tent? Hopefully it'll see us through the next few years at the very least.
Im Martin from Grange Over Sands.

Fjar
Denim Demon

Re: New tent.

Postby Fjar » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:24 am

My Quechua pop-up will be coming with me for the third year. I can't wait to bask in the jealous stares of those who brought a sheet of waterproof fabric and a metric ton of poles that takes 2 hours to erect. 8)
Luke_X wrote:Got a ruler out and I measure it about 11 inches. Which pretty good value in my mind.

ocean_of_ypres
Warrior of Metal

Postby ocean_of_ypres » Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:06 pm

That person will be me. I'm going to be putting up a six man dome with two sleeping areas and a social area. Until it comes out of the boot of the car I'm travelling down in, I will not have actually seen any of the tent, and I'll be reading the instructions on the way down. This is going to prove very interesting
I went a way for some time, but I guess I should come back and annoy people due to attending this year

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:09 pm

Still got my old cheap Proaction 2 man tent that cost me 15 quid from Argos. :D

"Oh they're rubbish", I hear people say. This one has lasted over 10 European festivals, 9 BOAs, 3 Beermageddons and numerous trips to Wales and The Lakes. The only problem I've had was when a drunk mate stood on the pole to the porch. Easily fixed if I could be bothered.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:06 pm

Just ordered my tent, will have a test at building it before I go so I am not standing in the campsite like a total tool with no idea what I am doing!
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:02 pm

Gonna be using the Halfords pick up service to save me lugging my tent down on public transport. Only disadvantage is not being able to practice putting it up.

Korthkor
Warrior of Metal
Location: Ghaarenkor (town), Uttorutrothokor (region), Karthon (nation), Ulaan (planet), Mulahai (star system)

Postby Korthkor » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:37 am

Still need to put up our tent to check it for moldy snacks from last year. After checking the tent out last year, we found about half a bag's worth of old peanuts that had began to evolve into a bunch of hairy triffids in what usually serves as our sleeping area.
I looked into the eye of the fish.

BOA 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
Hammerfest 12, 13, 14, 15
BEER, BEER, BEERMAGEDDON! 14'

ocean_of_ypres
Warrior of Metal

Postby ocean_of_ypres » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:45 am

Nobody wants to battle a hairy triffid for sleeping space
I went a way for some time, but I guess I should come back and annoy people due to attending this year

Bearstock
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Bearstock » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:56 pm

Oh yeah a tent!

Need to get on with buying one soon :D
http://www.last.fm/user/Jax_87
https://play.spotify.com/user/jaxmet87/playlist/4FLRE6iQmLWa3PdBII0Jl5

asmodaii
Definitely Not Nu

Postby asmodaii » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:37 pm

Just bought a hi gear 3 person one, with a nice big porch area, so we can hide from the inevitable English rain! ;)
Drummer of Sellsword, Seriously Unserious Power/Heavy Metal from York!

ocean_of_ypres
Warrior of Metal

Postby ocean_of_ypres » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:55 pm

Bearstock wrote:Oh yeah a tent!

Need to get on with buying one soon :D

Should be able to pick up a festival deal from somewhere. Tk maxx ain't a bad place to look either

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:51 pm

Korthkor wrote:Still need to put up our tent to check it for moldy snacks from last year. After checking the tent out last year, we found about half a bag's worth of old peanuts that had began to evolve into a bunch of hairy triffids in what usually serves as our sleeping area.

Haha, that is seriously grim.

Danroush
Denim Demon

Postby Danroush » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:04 pm

Mine will almost certainly have earwig carcasses from Germany. It suddenly started chucking it down when I was packing up from Rock Im Park just over a month ago, so i just bundled the thing in as fast as possible.

I took it out again at the airport to put away properly and about 5 earwigs flew out and started crawling around the floor, so I wouldn't be surprised if there were one or two still inside even now :lol:
Freyja wrote:I never used to be able to fit a whole one in my mouth. But now I can with ease.

TheLotusEater193 wrote:WHY IS IT SO TINY?!

TheLotusEater193 wrote:To be fair 1 and a half minutes is really good if you've never done it before.

http://www.facebook.com/Danroush1

thehairyone
Denim Demon

Postby thehairyone » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:36 pm

I have a monster of a four man but I can get it up fairly quickly. Survived the storms of last year very well.

slayerslays
Consort of the Beast

Postby slayerslays » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:41 pm

Yes my tent survived the storms but it didn't survive the arseholes going around vandalising.....