Excited?

August 6-9, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
gregors666
Warrior of Metal

Excited?

Postby gregors666 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:22 pm

Hell yeah.
I can almost smell the Deli Kate and beery waft of the arena. Cant wait to see the video screens creek into action and deliver us a non-stop (loop) of great metal videos.
The car park ales before the day begins has become part of my brother and I's Bloodstock experience. It works for us.
The walk to the arena,from the car park, even has its own beautiful charm.
The friendliness and comaraderie of the whole weekend is unknown (as far as im aware) at any other festival.
And most importantly,the metal. I always come away with a new band to find out more about when i get home. And this year, our 8th, looks to be no different.
Cannot wait for the next 12 days to dissolve into the ether, and Thursday the 6th of August to arrive. Cannot wait.
Im Martin from Grange Over Sands.

i0th
Hell Bent for Leather

Re: Excited?

Postby i0th » Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:07 pm

Damn right. As much as the lineup might not blow me away I still love this festival. Lunch in Toby Carvery in Burton on the way down, tent up and 4 solid days of beer, whiskey and bands. Can't come soon enough!
Hell ain't a bad place to be(er)

BS 02 03 04 | BGOA | WOA 04 05 06 07 12 | MoR 06 | LE | BOA 09 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 | R1BW 11 19 | Soni 11 | HRH 13 15 | HL 14 15 17 18 19 | HF 15 | HRHDvS 16 | HRHM 18

mathewxentrix88
Leather Rebel

Postby mathewxentrix88 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:41 pm

Yep-very excited.Shame that two of my top bands of the weekend are playing first on their respective days (Nuclear Assault and Reign Of Fury) and that Sunday is the poorest day by a mile,but in general it's a decent lineup for me and i'm looking forward to it.Get those stage-times up so i know which of the smaller bands i'll be watching and i'll be good to go!

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:23 pm

Very much looking forward to this.

Going to see some great bands with good company and enjoy a few beers too!
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

grimjim
Warrior of Metal

Postby grimjim » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:50 pm

Man its gonna be sweet lookin forward to the fleshgod apocalypse onslaught cannibal corpse and so many more figured i havent properly listened to quite a few bands ans what better way than to hear them live, tbh if i hear a band live and theyre crap i usually dont bother with them like last year id heard saxon before but man live theyre awesome hence gettin a few albums. My tastes are quite varied so il just mill around this year as only a couple of mates are there this year rather than our usual crowd :-)
i will never be able to answer what you asked of me...... Because something much more interesting just happened on the T.V.!

ocean_of_ypres
Warrior of Metal

Postby ocean_of_ypres » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:05 pm

i0th wrote:Damn right. As much as the lineup might not blow me away I still love this festival. Lunch in Toby Carvery in Burton on the way down, tent up and 4 solid days of beer, whiskey and bands. Can't come soon enough!

Ooofffff, pub lunch sounds lovely. Nice pretty-destructosmash meal before the chaos ensues.

Excited isn't enough. Even though I Don't particularly like powermetal, I want time to hurry up so I can see sabatons tank!
I went a way for some time, but I guess I should come back and annoy people due to attending this year

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:02 pm

I'm looking forward to escaping from the real world for a few days, where my main thought after waking up (apart from the hangover) is who do I want to see today? I love the immersion of a festival where I can walk around and choose who I fancy watching.

I'm also excited at the thought of being able to see Nuclear Assault, Armored Saint, Dark Angel and Rob Zombie; 4 bands I'd thought I'd never see live :D

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:28 pm

“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Dobbydob
Consort of the Beast

Postby Dobbydob » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:48 am

Lmao :lol: :lol:
http://www.adam-robson.com
Long Live Strongbow Man

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:34 pm

Yup, can't wait! All the travel is sorted, just the food shop and actual packing left, which I won't do until a couple of days before. Four days of chaos, friends, and metal. Sorely needed.

Cassius
Consort of the Beast

Postby Cassius » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:50 pm

Uncomfortably excited.

I just want the next week and a half to fuck off so I can get on with indulging in metal, beer and stupidity

Korthkor
Warrior of Metal
Location: Ghaarenkor (town), Uttorutrothokor (region), Karthon (nation), Ulaan (planet), Mulahai (star system)

Postby Korthkor » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:17 pm

I'm still recovering from a mate's 21st on Friday, we went to Grind in Chester. We weren't expecting anything amazing out of the DJ, but... Oh my various Gods, They Played Puddle of Mud! The DJ was so, so utterly useless at their job that I'm now actually looking forward to the DJ's on the Sophie stage. I never thought this would be possible.

So, after narrowly surviving the appalling playlist of a DJ clearly trapped in 2002, I am more than ready for some Bloodstock madness!
I looked into the eye of the fish.

BOA 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
Hammerfest 12, 13, 14, 15
BEER, BEER, BEERMAGEDDON! 14'

gregors666
Warrior of Metal

Postby gregors666 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:38 pm

Thats another thing, the DJ's in the sophie tent!!!!! My brother and I have never stopped to sample there dubious delights. This year, were not just gonna get back to the tent and drink till our eyes bleed, were gonna venture in. No matter how many times they play "Walk" or "seek and destroy". (Both great songs that run the risk of over listening)
Im Martin from Grange Over Sands.

Gremulon
Powermetal Child

Postby Gremulon » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:19 pm

Very excited. Tickets arrived on Saturday :D
Putting the travel playlist together this week and going tent shopping on Friday. Looking forward to friends stopping at mine on the Wednesday night, going out for a massive breakfast on Thursday morning and having a few drinks in the car park when we arrive. Even though I wasn't too impressed with the lineup, it's just a good excuse to meet up with people who you only really see once/twice a year for an extended weekend of metal and beer.

keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Postby keera_envenomed » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:27 pm

The toilets at work smelled like festival portaloos the other day which peaked my excitement!

The loos normally smell much nicer btw.
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock