Excited?

August 6-9, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
einherjer
Knight of the Eemerald Svord

Re: Excited?

Postby einherjer » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:55 pm

Getting excited now. Been a bit of a shit year all in all. Think the worst is behind me now and Bloodstock is around the corner and I will be letting my hair down. My friends are all coming and this will be sons second Stock so can't wait.
Overkill :rock: Overkill :rock: Overkill :rock:
It's always darkest before it goes completely black.

jwh20
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby jwh20 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:48 am

Yeah, after the Stonehenge debacle I could really do with this festival. Gigs dry up this time of year and I've not been to too many good ones lately, Ingested were good on Saturday before it got shut down, but that's been it for a while.

Can't wait to see people not seen since last year, and of course most of the bands on Friday and Saturday (I'm expecting some heartbreaking clashes on Friday) Sunday at least has corpse and godflesh, not much else for me, so will be hopping from stage to stage to find decent bands I don't know/getting drunk.

Leemanruss

Postby Leemanruss » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:59 am

I am very excited indeed!

Just recovered from my annual Pre-Bloodstock party which was the first that I have had since moving to Devon a year and a half ago (skipped it last year as I didn't know many people). But when I lived in Derby, I had been doing them since 2010. Its a great way to get all my friends together and to get excited for Bloodstock. I even had 5 mates from Derby travel down here to be part of the party!

I just need some more stage times to try and figure out what's going on with the SOPHIE Stage this year before I get too excited, otherwise I'll be disappointed when Enslaved and Ne Obliviscaris undoubtedly clash. The times that have 'leaked' (Messiah's Kiss at 1pm and I Am I at 6:45pm) don't seem to match up if you space out the bands in between equally, so I am left with some hope!

My excitement is enhanced by the fact that I was successful in my job application for the job I really wanted which starts in September. I can finally get out of the bar trade after 5 years!

In conclusion: I am excite.
Atmosfest: '17 '18
BOA: '08 '09 '10 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '16 '17 '18 '19
Damnation: '11 '13 '16 '17
Download: '06
HammerFest: '09 '17
Hellfest: '17
HRH Vikings: '18
PMQF: '17 '18
Ragnarok: '18
Wacken: '17
Wacken Winter Nights: '19
Warhorns: '16 '17 '18 '19

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:37 am

Yeah, I'm looking forward to it, I suppose.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

Slev
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Slev » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:03 pm

Starting to get excited now it's so close. But I have bigger fish to fry right now...

someone else
Denim Demon

Postby someone else » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:25 pm

Add to the excitement with a new version of Bloodstock Bingo - which band will pull out?

Rob Zombie is cancelling gigs on the continent due to his gear being stuck in Operation Stack. Do you reckon any bands will pull out - not taking the risk of being stuck in transit in the UK when they could bypass us altogether and not risk other mainland shows?
She wanted nothing...and I delivered

http://www.last.fm/user/apm11

mathewxentrix88
Leather Rebel

Postby mathewxentrix88 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:31 pm

someone else wrote:Add to the excitement with a new version of Bloodstock Bingo - which band will pull out?

Rob Zombie is cancelling gigs on the continent due to his gear being stuck in Operation Stack. Do you reckon any bands will pull out - not taking the risk of being stuck in transit in the UK when they could bypass us altogether and not risk other mainland shows?

Hopefully Rob Zombie doesn't pull out-i was planning on getting on the road nice and early...
Seriously though-i hope none of the bands do-there is always someone who will be looking forward to their set.
The worst one for me was Opeth pulling out of Graspop a few years back at the last minute and being replaced by a second set by Devildriver.(which of course i avoided).I think Thin Lizzy got pulled that day too-which was annoying.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:33 pm

Sorry all Rob Zombie fans expecting to see tonights show in Eindhoven.

Due to the ongoing events in Calais, the show tonight will not be able to go ahead. The band are in the Netherlands but the equipment is stuck at the Channel Tunnel in the UK and can not get through.

The band are deeply sorry to all this may affect but this is something very much out of their control.

Damn. Couldn't they be stuck on the other side of the channel? :(

Get Soze on the spoons. We're still waiting for that. :lol:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

mathewxentrix88
Leather Rebel

Postby mathewxentrix88 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:56 pm

I'm excited but i'd be a lot more excited if i knew what bands i was actually gonna see.
Stagetimes please.

tmcgoay

Postby tmcgoay » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:14 pm

I get paid this Friday so I can get my beer supplies then I'm all set
BOA '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, `16, `18
Beermageddon '12, '13, '14, '15, `16, `17, `18
SRS '12

http://www.pandemoniumclub.co.uk/
http://www.beermageddon.co.uk/

ocean_of_ypres
Warrior of Metal

Postby ocean_of_ypres » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:02 pm

someone else wrote:Add to the excitement with a new version of Bloodstock Bingo - which band will pull out?

Christ! Not sure how much kit Rob is bringing with him, but hopefully he can fly in instead, or is planning to. Sabaton however, well, I don't know how else they'll be coming in, other than by boat. Where would they be coming from though? I presume they'd be docking in Hull, but I suppose it depends where their last show before Bloodstock is
I went a way for some time, but I guess I should come back and annoy people due to attending this year

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:42 pm

I doubt it would affect many bands as most would just be bringing breakables and using the BOA backline.

If it does just blame the French. :eyes:
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

CharlesDexterWard
Leather Rebel

Postby CharlesDexterWard » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:55 am

My bus ticket just arrived by email so I just need to print it off and put it with my ticket and I am all set.

Starting to get excited now!
You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee... black.
You have 5 Earth minutes...Make it perfect!

Bearstock
Slayer of Wimps/Posers

Postby Bearstock » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:59 pm

Payday tomorrow for both myself and the missus so we're planning to go on our Bloodstock supply run.

Getting excited slowly but surely :yes:
http://www.last.fm/user/Jax_87
https://play.spotify.com/user/jaxmet87/playlist/4FLRE6iQmLWa3PdBII0Jl5

Gremulon
Powermetal Child

Postby Gremulon » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:04 pm

Booked tomorrow afternoon off to go tent shopping with the boyfriend. (Ours didn't survive the storm last year). Might be a good idea to start stocking up on booze as well. Hopefully the supermarkets don't limit the amount you can buy in one go otherwise we'll be doing quite a few trips :lol: