Page 3 of 5

Re: Excited?

Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:43 pm
by Cerpin_Taxt
Gremulon wrote: Might be a good idea to start stocking up on booze as well. Hopefully the supermarkets don't limit the amount you can buy in one go otherwise we'll be doing quite a few trips :lol:


Considering the fact that I saw someone buy three trolleys full of wine and beer the other day, I don't think it will be a problem.

Re: Excited?

Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:59 am
by Gremulon
ocean_of_ypres wrote:If you got one near you, go check out go outdoors. You'll need to sign up for a discount card there, but it really makes the difference when you can get a decent tent at half price


Yeah, that's our destination :) Got an old card which is most likely expired, but guess it's easier to get a new one with the old card than filling in all the info again. New sleeping bag is on the cards as well. Looking at the weather I might be buying a winter one haha.

Cerpin_Taxt wrote:Considering the fact that I saw someone buy three trolleys full of wine and beer the other day, I don't think it will be a problem.


I didn't think there would be, but sometimes when they've got offers on they limit items to a certain amount per customer. Guess it depends on the cashier/management whether they enforce it.

Re: Excited?

Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:21 am
by houston4044
Pretty much got my days set out band wise, just awaiting final confirmation :D

Re: Excited?

Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:39 am
by ocean_of_ypres
Gremulon wrote:
ocean_of_ypres wrote:If you got one near you, go check out go outdoors. You'll need to sign up for a discount card there, but it really makes the difference when you can get a decent tent at half price


Yeah, that's our destination :) Got an old card which is most likely expired, but guess it's easier to get a new one with the old card than filling in all the info again. New sleeping bag is on the cards as well. Looking at the weather I might be buying a winter one haha.



To be fair, I'm taking a three season bag with me. I got a whole three man section to myself, but I always find that the bigger tent space per person, the colder it gets at night

Re: Excited?

Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:05 am
by Dobbydob
Packing and beer run this weekend, getting excited now. Weather looking ok this morning, fingers crossed it stays as is.

Re: Excited?

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:19 pm
by Davros
Got all packed and I'm getting excited.

Re: Excited?

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:33 pm
by Hotchilidog
Packing starts tonight! Got the Ne Oblivscaris/Xerath going on wednesday as a warm up too. Very excited indeed!

Re: Excited?

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:49 pm
by Benjirocks
i will be excited at 9pm on wednesday night as that's when i finish work, and i've still got to arrange transport there and back yet :-s

Re: Excited?

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:11 pm
by Gremulon
ocean_of_ypres wrote: To be fair, I'm taking a three season bag with me. I got a whole three man section to myself, but I always find that the bigger tent space per person, the colder it gets at night


Managed to get a pretty decent Vango one for just over £19. Got some of those self inflating sleeping mats too which I think keep you a lot warmer. If I get cold I'll just be stealing the boyfriend's body heat :twisted:

Re: Excited?

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:20 pm
by florencethemachine
Last day of work today, done all my office work at home so all I need to do is touch base with my team and I am on my annual Bloodstock 10 day sabbatical (four days recovery).

I know this is really sad but I have had maybe 3-5 dreams in the last month about being at the festival but incredibly under prepared, resulting in me missing all the bands I want to see.

Re: Excited?

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:08 pm
by CharlesDexterWard
Last shift tomorrow and then off to Glasgow with my family for the night on Wednesday to stay in a hotel near the bus station.

Up at 6am on Thursday, say cheerio to the family and then get the BOA bus at 7am from Glasgow bus station.

can't wait! :rock:

Re: Excited?

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:17 pm
by Gandalf the Red
Still firmly in the meh frame of mind I'm afraid. :|

Re: Excited?

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:08 pm
by Fjar
Excitement's kicking in now, after being 'meh' for months.

Re: Excited?

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:25 pm
by Jobdone
Still hasn't quite clicked that I'm going.

Will report back at 11pm on Wednesday when it finally hits.

Re: Excited?

Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:48 pm
by houston4044
Weighed myself today and was surprised i've lost quite a bit of weight, then it dawned on me I'm probably going to put it all back on at Bloodstock :lol:

Will try to be healthy, but like that's going to happen :lol: