What beers are you bringing?

August 6-9, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Re: What beers are you bringing?

Postby VizardAmata » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:50 pm

All this talk of hipflasks reminded me that I still have this bad boy, and I haven't even used it yet. That may have to change.

Korthkor
Warrior of Metal
Location: Ghaarenkor (town), Uttorutrothokor (region), Karthon (nation), Ulaan (planet), Mulahai (star system)

Postby Korthkor » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:28 pm

Seeing as we're doing Bloodstock on a budget this year (Bloodstock, moving house, then Beermageddon to top it all off!) we're bringing lots and lots of beer in cans, we've figured that me and the Squife will easily go through ten cans a day, so that makes four big ass crates of cans, probably Stella or Becks, cheap but tolerable and not as 'stingy' as Cider. On top of that, we've a litre of Vodka, just under half a litre of Tequila, and then there's the Mead to consider... Probably best I bottle it before deciding how much to bring.
I looked into the eye of the fish.

BOA 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
Hammerfest 12, 13, 14, 15
BEER, BEER, BEERMAGEDDON! 14'

ocean_of_ypres
Warrior of Metal

Postby ocean_of_ypres » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:02 pm

They didn't have an unbroken crate of hobgoblin in the back, so I just got stuff off the shelf and clingfilmed it with the manager. I laid the cans down to get a better grip on the bags, and a stone must have gone through a can, so I had to drink what was left of it. Still, twenty three cans. And, tesco are doing eight cans for eight quid.
I went a way for some time, but I guess I should come back and annoy people due to attending this year

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:39 pm

Terrible news on my mission for beer: Local Bargain Booze in Nottingham had never even *heard* of Tanglefoot, let alone have any. I shall later brave a supermarket.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

ocean_of_ypres
Warrior of Metal

Postby ocean_of_ypres » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:55 pm

I'm sure I saw it on the asda website. I think it's bottled
I went a way for some time, but I guess I should come back and annoy people due to attending this year

euantehclansman
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby euantehclansman » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:02 pm

Buckfast and whatever cheap beer I can get at Tesco. Too skint to get decent stuff this year haha!

pandimensionalsuffering.bandcamp.com

ocean_of_ypres
Warrior of Metal

Postby ocean_of_ypres » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:47 pm

Seriously, go hobgoblin. If they still have the eight for eight pounds on. Can't fall off at a quid a can

Cerpin_Taxt
Definitely Not Nu

Postby Cerpin_Taxt » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:10 pm

VizardAmata wrote:All this talk of hipflasks reminded me that I still have this bad boy, and I haven't even used it yet. That may have to change.

Yeah because someone bringing an old games cartridge into a festival arena totally isn't suspicious. Especially when they shake it and it makes a slooshing sound inside.

Then again, the security aren't too bright. I've managed to sneak over 1l of whisky into the arena before - and this is at download where the security try really hard to find anything.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:33 pm

Last edited by Gandalf the Red on Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Cerpin_Taxt
Definitely Not Nu

Postby Cerpin_Taxt » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:41 pm

Wow, that's something special.

I saw a guy try to sneak a bag of wine under a top hat before. A gust of wind spoiled his attempt.

ocean_of_ypres
Warrior of Metal

Postby ocean_of_ypres » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:10 pm

They do, or used to, tap people down. So unless you're going with an untouchable place, it may be hit and miss whether you get a body bag through. Though I think I have only been patted down once, ever

Jobdone
Denim Demon

Postby Jobdone » Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:34 pm

Popped to Asda and booze is now sorted. Couple of litres of Russian Standard and 20 pack of strongbow.

ocean_of_ypres
Warrior of Metal

Postby ocean_of_ypres » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:17 pm

Just seen that the tanglefoot cans are in the eight for eight quid deal. Sorry I couldn't tell you in time, bro

miss-mushroom
Warrior of Metal

Postby miss-mushroom » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:29 pm

Yeah that deal is decent, my local Tesco has Hobgoblin, Tanglefoot, Wainwright, Abbot Ale, and a bunch of other decent beers in the deal. Heading there just before the fest to stock up :D

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:21 pm

Cerpin_Taxt wrote:
VizardAmata wrote:All this talk of hipflasks reminded me that I still have this bad boy, and I haven't even used it yet. That may have to change.

Yeah because someone bringing an old games cartridge into a festival arena totally isn't suspicious. Especially when they shake it and it makes a slooshing sound inside.

Then again, the security aren't too bright. I've managed to sneak over 1l of whisky into the arena before - and this is at download where the security try really hard to find anything.

It's flat, and will stay in my pocket. They didn't notice when I had a small bottle (normal one) filled with sake in my front pocket last year, so I'm not particularly worried.