What beers are you bringing?

August 6-9, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
gregors666
Warrior of Metal

What beers are you bringing?

Postby gregors666 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:42 pm

Personally, im going for Champion Ale No.1 for the car park sessions that my brother and I enjot every morning before venturing in. Its 7.6% but nice tasting as well. My brother goes for a mix of Carlsberg and Strongbow dark fruit (one of his 5 a day). May also take some mead. But not sure were to get the best variety. Anyone know?
Im Martin from Grange Over Sands.

Cassius
Consort of the Beast

Re: What beers are you bringing?

Postby Cassius » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:52 pm

This year I will be bringing:

crate of Bombardier ale
Box of Strongbow dark fruit cider
2 bottles of Captain Morgans rum
2 bottles of Moniack mead

Highly recommend Moniack if your looking for mead and you can get it from Amazon

ocean_of_ypres
Warrior of Metal

Postby ocean_of_ypres » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:16 pm

If anything, I'll probably be stocking up on Hobgoblin on the way down. Cheap spirits will do me, unless there are some good offers in whatever supermarket we hit on the way down
I went a way for some time, but I guess I should come back and annoy people due to attending this year

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:22 pm

I'll just be taking a crate of Wifebeater for drinking around the campsite (setting tent up and mornings). Mainly because warm ale tastes fowl. I'll have a few bottles of Dog going down on the train. But mostly I'll just be drinking in the arena.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

ocean_of_ypres
Warrior of Metal

Postby ocean_of_ypres » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:35 pm

I actually don't mind warm ale. Then again, I can drink warm orangiboom red, so it's pretty safe to say that my palette is worryingly robust
Last edited by ocean_of_ypres on Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I went a way for some time, but I guess I should come back and annoy people due to attending this year

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:03 pm

No beer for me, just Southern Comfort, some left over Captain Morgan's and Buckfast.

ocean_of_ypres
Warrior of Metal

Postby ocean_of_ypres » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:25 pm

Bucksmash morelike. I'm tempted to try and source a bottle myself. Not sure where carries it, south of the border, though

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:27 pm

I had to get it online. It's pretty much impossible to find in the shops, at least for me. (East Anglia)

ocean_of_ypres
Warrior of Metal

Postby ocean_of_ypres » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:52 pm

can't get much further south of the border than that

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:24 pm

Buckfast? Virtually every off licence and some supermarkets sell it around here. The question is, why would you want it? There are far better fortified wines out there.
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

VizardAmata
Denim Demon

Postby VizardAmata » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:47 pm

I've literally never seen it in any shop, but it may also be the area I am in. It's mostly a tradition thing.

Noodle
I am the Law!

Postby Noodle » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:52 pm

I'm breaking with my tradition of getting a polypin of local beer and opting for cans this year. Bargain Booze online claim to sell 24 cans of Tanglefoot for £28.
If it sounds good, listen to it
MetalBeast wrote: I got told off by the landlady for banging mine on the ceiling.
tranmerefan wrote:If there's one thing you can be guaranteed of, is that this forum complained about it. And we did.

ocean_of_ypres
Warrior of Metal

Postby ocean_of_ypres » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:27 pm

If it's good enough for Willie, it's good enough for anyone

Just seen that my corner shop sells it

grimjim
Warrior of Metal

Postby grimjim » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:55 am

May grab a bottle of devils cut just seems like sacrilidge puttin it in a plastic bottle :-S other than that cans of bud me thinks. Im sure this will change daily haha like too many different beverages mainly bourbon, spiced rum and lager though.
i will never be able to answer what you asked of me...... Because something much more interesting just happened on the T.V.!

keera_envenomed
Denim Demon

Postby keera_envenomed » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:43 am

i0th wrote:Hobgoblin, Black Sheep, London's Pride, Bombardier, Old Speckled Hen and Wainwright's. Spirits are a bottle of Honey Jack Daniels, a bottle of Red Stag and a bottle of Jägermeister. All lap usually bring a few cans of those ready mixed things like vodka and apple juice and pimms and lemonade.

I'm going to be bringing a load of those ready mixed things this year. Pimms o'clock at a festival - yes please! Also cider.
2017 Gigs (here so I remember to go)

17/06 - Guns N' Roses - London
15/07 - Saor - London
10/08 - 13/08 - Bloodstock