Next year

August 6-9, Catton Park, Walton on Trent, Derbyshire
Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Next year

Postby Haldamir319 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:46 am

Just realised that next year will be 15 years since the indoor festival started. Do you think we might get some celebration or some such?

Total pipe dream here, but I think it'd be nice if the festival booked a few repeats from the early years.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Re: Next year

Postby Gandalf the Red » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:03 am

Isn't that this year?

2001 - 1st year
2010 - 10th year
2015 - 15th year
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

Haldamir319
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Haldamir319 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:07 pm

This year is the 15th festival, next year will be 15 years since the first one :P

2001 - 1st year
2002 - 2nd year / 1st anniversary
etc

mathewxentrix88
Leather Rebel

Postby mathewxentrix88 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:21 pm

Ah-i see,that's why we never get much power metal-they are saving it all for the 15th anniversary-makes sense now!

houston4044
Denim Demon

Postby houston4044 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:31 pm

Would be pretty cool if they booked some bands who played throughout the 15 years (who haven't already been repeated to death) like Twisted Sister, Sodom, Destruction, The Haunted etc etc; mix in a few new bands for good measure too.

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:27 pm

Haldamir319 wrote:This year is the 15th festival, next year will be 15 years since the first one :P

2001 - 1st year
2002 - 2nd year / 1st anniversary
etc

18th festival. :P
“He likes having the ball, playing football, passes. It’s like an orchestra. But it’s a silent song. But I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.” - Jürgen Klopp

BLAKEYBLOKIZARD
Powermetal Child

Postby BLAKEYBLOKIZARD » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:03 pm

Haha no wonder they don't take the forum seriously. On the one hand you've got people who want a special 15 year anniversary special full of bands who've played before, and on the other hand you've got people for whom booking repeats is an act comparable to desecrating Dio's grave.
What's this? BlakeyBloke is evolving! BlakeyBloke evolved into BLAKEYBLOKIZARD!
Blakeyblokizard used SELF PROMOTION!
https://slothuk.bandcamp.com/releases
Sloth. [Doom metal]
It wasn't very effective...

Skippy
Hell Bent for Leather

Postby Skippy » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:07 pm

BLAKEYBLOKIZARD wrote:Haha no wonder they don't take the forum seriously. On the one hand you've got people who want a special 15 year anniversary special full of bands who've played before, and on the other hand you've got people for whom booking repeats is an act comparable to desecrating Dio's grave.

I dont think many people would complain about repeats from the first few festivals, it the bands that seem to play every other year that annoy me. Let's put it this way, Hatebreed will be on my bingo list for next year.
BANDS I LIKE FOR BLOODSTOCK!!!

Dobbydob
Consort of the Beast

Postby Dobbydob » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:36 am

BLAKEYBLOKIZARD wrote:Haha no wonder they don't take the forum seriously. On the one hand you've got people who want a special 15 year anniversary special full of bands who've played before, and on the other hand you've got people for whom booking repeats is an act comparable to desecrating Dio's grave.

But doing it for a specific reason, like an anniversary, makes more sense.

Feels like Opeth get booked for the anniversary of every shit i've ever taken.
http://www.adam-robson.com
Long Live Strongbow Man

grimjim
Warrior of Metal

Postby grimjim » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:01 pm

Id be happy if they booked hate, septic flesh, whitechapel, saxon, avatar, ill nino, in flames ( not the newer stuff), dimmu borgir (to make up for last years balls up) thy art is murder, allegeon, arch enemy, meshuggah ....... Actually i want too much, far too many good bands out there :-S
i will never be able to answer what you asked of me...... Because something much more interesting just happened on the T.V.!

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:14 pm

grimjim wrote:Id be happy if they booked hate, septic flesh, whitechapel, saxon, avatar, ill nino, in flames ( not the newer stuff), dimmu borgir (to make up for last years balls up) thy art is murder, allegeon, arch enemy, meshuggah ....... Actually i want too much, far too many good bands out there :-S

So why have you only mentioned one? :lol:

grimjim
Warrior of Metal

Postby grimjim » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:23 pm

Gandalf the Red wrote:
grimjim wrote:Id be happy if they booked hate, septic flesh, whitechapel, saxon, avatar, ill nino, in flames ( not the newer stuff), dimmu borgir (to make up for last years balls up) thy art is murder, allegeon, arch enemy, meshuggah ....... Actually i want too much, far too many good bands out there :-S

So why have you only mentioned one? :lol:

Cheers lol

Im guessin your goin with saxon there :-)
i will never be able to answer what you asked of me...... Because something much more interesting just happened on the T.V.!

Gandalf the Red
Denim Demon

Postby Gandalf the Red » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:33 pm

Of course. :D

VimFuego666
Warrior of Metal

Postby VimFuego666 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:36 pm

nothing wrong with allegeon (or allegaeon for that matter!) lol

VimFuego666
Warrior of Metal

Postby VimFuego666 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:41 pm

hopefully they will just try to get the right balance of bands - wouldn't mind seeing Sabbat, Primordial, Dimmu Borgir not sure about Arch Enemy with the new singer though. Maybe for special anniversary the headliners could be a bit bigger (whispers Manowar) even if the ticket price went up slightly (hang on, not that much...!) :rock: Destruction, Sodom, Tankard, Kreator teutonic Big 4 would be great!!!